Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 03:03 PM

2 posts, read 8,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del n Michelle View Post
Thanks for that humboldtrat, can't wait to move there now, is it really that bad? Are there any other areas between Clayton and Sacramento that are nice, affordable an safe?
Napa,California & Sonoma, California are nice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2010, 09:00 PM

1 posts, read 3,256 times
Hi Everyone,
Im new here and I was just curious if it would be smart to move to fairfield and after reading your answers, now im a bit skeptical. I was even intending to get a job at a target or Kmart to start. Im in San Jose, And there is no work for anyone looking for it,. so I thought I would travel by train and maybe get a job in Fairfield.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:01 PM

1 posts, read 2,308 times
I'd say Dixon, CA. It is a small town and not in the Bay Area and it's about 40 miles east from Clayton, CA. Dixon is also about 20 miles west from Sacramento.

Old 03-19-2012, 06:17 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,005,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUAZ View Post
I'd say Dixon, CA. It is a small town and not in the Bay Area and it's about 40 miles east from Clayton, CA. Dixon is also about 20 miles west from Sacramento.
Did you happen to notice the date this thread was started?

Old 09-17-2012, 06:56 PM

2 posts, read 3,684 times
Default Totally different world today, huh? 2008--->2012

I agree with Dixon as a choice. I'm looking at investment housing in Fairfield. About six months after this original post, Money Magazine named Fairfield in their top 10 places to live. So, bearing in mind the quality of the posters on this board ( it's a lot like "Yelp" but for cities), Sign up at ZIP Realty and start communicating with the Realtors that work that town. There are pockets of downscale neighborhoods in all cities, Fairfield is no different. I would defnitely live in Dixon or Davis. But I will invest in Fairfield.

I also like Folsom, even though the main employer there is a State Pen.

As far as school system, the performance of your local school is directly proportionate to the amount of time and money you as parents are willing to donate.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
I was born and raised in Fairfield. There are numerous theatre/play options. It depends on what you are looking for. There are square dance groups, 4-H groups, other dance companies, Hawaiian Dance groups, Philipino groups, Japanese/Nisei groups. Most folks I know that claim Fairfield is boring have never attended presentations at our local theaters--- and there are three of them. There was just a great presentation of the play, Les Miz, and Macbeth is playing in a theatre in nearby Suisun. We have wine tasting and jazz at nearby wineries.
We currently own a home. However, I've read and heard good things about apartments near Hilborn Road ( The Point, maybe?), and condos off of North Texas Street.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,680 times
I cant stand all these people who give Fairfield a bad review. They are basically telling you only the horrible things that happen that they read in the newspaper. Fairfield is not a small city. Its a medium sized city with everything you need and more. My family has lived here since 1989 and sure, have had my ghetto moments and events. But bad things happen everywhere on this world. What it boils down to is, you cant beat Fairfield for the price. Everything you need, the weather is good, a perfect mix of all races live here. Just about zero racism. Most people are very open minded here. Fairfield is located perfectly between SF and Sac. Not a far drive to the ocean or mountains. The majority of places to live in Fairfield are perfectly nice. There is a lot of air force people, active and retired. There are plenty of decent neighborhoods not on the west side. Look, my parents were born and raised in Los Angeles and I was born and raised in East San Jose until I was 8. Fairfield is not this totally bad ghetto violent place some SQUARES make it out to be. All these people try to make Fairfield sound as bad as Vallejo or Richmond or Oakland which Fairfield is not even close to as bad. And then we have the Vacaville people who swear its such a better city. No, its not. FF and VV are virtually identical. FF has slightly more crime. SLIGHTLY. Vacaville has horrible weather in the summer and more stagnant air than FF. VV is in the valley, FF isnt. Fairfield is a great place. I love it here. I never feel unsafe. The crimes that happen are almost always not involving civilians. Mind your own business and you will be fine. Gang members never bother civilians, its written in their gang rules not to. You rarely see a gang member anyway. There is not some huge gang problem, its a small problem. Anyone wants very specific info about FF just message me. I know all the neighborhoods in FF VV suisun. My dad and I have been doing yard maintenance all over these cities since the early to mid 90s. We know every neighborhood.

There are 2 amazing public golf courses here. a great mall area that is huge with everything you need. lots of great restaurants everywhere. A cute downtown area. Suisun is the sister city, only train tracks seperate it from fairfield and its a good city just like ff. has a waterfront. movie theatre, bowling and arcade in nearby vacaville. raleys grocery stores are top notch. trader joes. cordelia area is very nice, green valley, rancho solano, rolling hills, paradise valley, westside, very nice. there are decent older neighborhoods on the east side too. local pizza place cenarios has amazing pizza and more. S&L Thai has amazing food. Vegan restaurant in downtown fairfield. Daves Giant hamburgers the best burgers probably in the world. Im not exagerrating. unlimted chain restaurants and stores to choose from.

lots of open area nature type places like rockville park mankas corner. lots of small wineries and vineyards and fruit and vegetable stands. many good schools in fairfield. traffic is not too bad anywhere in ff.

im a mind your own business kind of guy so fairfield suits me perfectly. it might not impress a lot of women as far as flash and being zero crime, but ya. or wimpy guys. so if you are a high maintenance woman or wimpy guy ff prolly isnt for you. stick to the richy cities closer to SF and Napa where all the smug stuck up people are who cant deal with a small amount of culture and edge. fairfield has a little bit of that big city edge to it. napa is a short drive away, nice place to visit, way too expensive. concord as well, great to visit, but unless you are rich... vacaville is ok, but fairfield is definitely better overall. dixon is really blah and HOT. davis is ok but overrated and way too expensive. way too hot in summer. benicia is a cool little city very close to fairfield. Vallejo has some decent areas but fairfield is much better overall.

fairfield is a very good city to live in overall. do your research, dont just go by these negative reviews by bitter people who will be negative about everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California