Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 03:27 PM

5 posts, read 13,349 times

Advertisements

We live in OR and are happy here, only our daughter and husband recently gave birth to our first grandson. They live outside Solvang and I'd love to move down there in the next year or two. Pretty 'spensive for us, though. We 'only' have about $450k to spend and what is available at that price is, shall we say, uninspiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 03:43 PM

57 posts, read 304,208 times
Solvang is such an awesome place. Andersons Split Pea soup. The village there.
The rolling hills. Beyond perfect weather too.
How bout' building on a lot there. I have been looking at bare land in Oregon.
My friends are taking a 'Cobb' house building class. Good luck if you move to Solvang.
It is so pretty. But I would stay in Oregon myself. If I can ever get up there.
I have so many animals to take with me.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:34 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,606,184 times
I'd look into the communities north of San Francisco in Marin, Napa, Sonoma, Mendocino counties up to Humboldt county. There are many "smallish" towns & the Green Party [Left enough?] is strongly represented.

Old 05-02-2008, 01:00 PM

3 posts, read 6,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyskye View Post
"hippy" doesn't = white. Leftist doesn't = white. How silly. And a true "hippie" doesn't want to run anything ..... and doesn't want to be run either by the powers that be.
Words are tricky. My perception of hippy and leftist is probably quite different than yours.
Maybe counter-culture is a better way of naming those who don't buy into the mainstream trip and there are many different ways to express ones "counter-culture-ness". The word or idea of "hippy" evokes a pretty stereotypical image that was born quite along time ago. The forms and expressions may have changed but the essence of what the hippy movement was about doesn't change.
And there are still places in California (and everywhere) where the spirit of the 60's (if you will) is alive. It's overshadowed by the money hungry, materialistic, "controllers" but we're still holding the vision. libmom needs to hold her vision and dream of California and she just might find what she's looking for.
LIBERAL= celebrity,$$$$, oh and those who don't want to work for a living or have never tried to do something for themselves. If all immigrants could registar to vote.. their best bet would be LEFT DEOMO'S.. Hope all the immigrants can trade in their Julopies(sp) for a hybrid.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:25 PM

365 posts, read 1,418,941 times
Santa Cruz or Berkley

Old 05-02-2008, 08:30 PM

8,545 posts, read 10,271,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMenscha View Post
I can't picture any foothill county or town being very liberal, but just to confound the experts, my voting precinct has a higher percentage of republicans than any other precinct in the county. It also has more Greens than any other place in the county. Go figure

You must be in Placer county!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California