Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2015, 12:46 AM

14,680 posts, read 14,641,413 times

Advertisements

I took the CHSPE after I dropped out because I was indeed tired of memorizing worthless crisp (and being around badass kids). It was an equivalency, but never meant to replace the diploma. Interesting that it's now a better equivalent than an actual diploma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2015, 12:49 AM

807 posts, read 897,934 times
As if exit exams make Alabama, Alaska, Florida, Louisiana and Texas shining examples of educational success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
memorizing worthless crap is not a sign of intelligence
We'll believe you when you agree to undergo surgery performed by a high school dropout. And if you or your family get sick, please, request the woman who couldn't pass basic high school math, yet wants to care for infants in a hospital as a registered nurse.
Right, because memorizing worthless crap is the determining factor that defines a capable surgeon. With this hype over a bureaucratic mistake involving exit exams of questionable value to begin with, yes the Idiocracy is now!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:00 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
So glad I sent my kids to private Catholic Schools.

Oh yeah and still paid taxes to send your kids to governmental indoctrination centers.

Yeah I'm a badass that way.

Old 10-08-2015, 06:56 AM

26,726 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdude222 View Post
memorizing worthless crap is not a sign of intelligence
The CAHSEE is not the SAT. You don't memorize anything. It's a basic 10th grade skills test. The student must have taken 60 credits in high school (equivalent of a sophomore) to be eligible to take it.

Old 10-08-2015, 07:40 AM

1,014 posts, read 1,575,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveNotCommute View Post
Right, because memorizing worthless crap
This is the third or fourth iteration of this nonsense response. And all of you are wrong. The California High School Exit Examination, or CAHSEE, is a basic skills test. Not rote memorization of history, states and capitals, or any of the other dope-infused responses. Can there be any greater confirmation of the uneducated American than the responses in this thread?

In truth, only two subject areas are tested in the CAHSEE: basic reading skills, and basic math skills.

Reading:

Quote:
In reading, this includes vocabulary, decoding, comprehension, and analysis of information and literary texts. In writing, this covers writing strategies, applications, and the conventions of English (e.g., grammar, spelling, and punctuation).
For reading, these are laughably basic skills a total moron should be able to pass. If you can read a comic book, you can smoke this portion of the test. If you can comprehend this thread on Citydata, your skills vastly exceed what you need to pass this test.

Math:

Quote:
The mathematics part . . . addresses state standards in grades six and seven and Algebra I. The exam includes statistics, data analysis and probability, number sense, measurement and geometry, mathematical reasoning, and algebra. Students are also asked to demonstrate a strong foundation in computation and arithmetic, including working with decimals, fractions, and percents.
The math portion covers grade school material, yet this is a high school test! Algebra 1 is so basic, it's basically a step above understanding numbers and operators (+, -, *, /). And if you, as a high school student, cannot convert, add, and subtract decimals, fractions, and percents -- you are phenomenally stupid. If you can't determine the area of a rectangle (length x width), or the perimeter of a triangle (perimeter = side a + side b + side c), the simple fact is you either are so purposefully lazy as to merit expulsion, or you destroyed a high percentage of your neurons sniffing gas and spraypaint.

No matter the reason, if you can't pass this shockingly low-bar test, which tests grade school skills, you have no business -- none -- getting a high school diploma, or ever working in the medical, accounting, software, or industrial businesses, to name but a few. If you can't pass this test, you are barely qualified to ask, "do you want fries with that"?

Old 10-08-2015, 08:59 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
So glad I sent my kids to private Catholic Schools.

Oh yeah and still paid taxes to send your kids to governmental indoctrination centers.

Yeah I'm a badass that way.
And everyone who is childless paid taxes (and at a higher rate than you, because they didn't get as many dependent deductions for squirting out offspring) to build playgrounds and various other social amenities for your kids.

Oh, and I note that you live in a fantasy world where private schools don't receive myriad government subsidies.

So basically, you're gloating that sure, you took from others, but not as much as some others took from you? What an indispensible member of society you are...

Old 10-08-2015, 09:32 AM

2,645 posts, read 3,329,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I'll bet almost no one who posts on C-D had to take an exit exam to graduate from high school. And there are plenty of people who can't do algebra yet somehow manage to even get college degrees and have successful lives.
I'll go farther than that. I'll bet every single one of the people complaining about the suspension of the exit exam also complained about it's implementation. Really, it's not about logic and issues. That would involve study and research. It's only about scanning the news for what they can hate on Democrats today.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USDefault View Post
We'll believe you when you agree to undergo surgery performed by a high school dropout. And if you or your family get sick, please, request the woman who couldn't pass basic high school math, yet wants to care for infants in a hospital as a registered nurse.
A ridiculously asinine leap of logic.

Old 10-08-2015, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsltd View Post
I get what you're saying, but not everybody is going to be working in health care.
Not to mention that one needs just slightly more education than a high school diploma to make their way into an operating room with a scalpel.

Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
And everyone who is childless paid taxes (and at a higher rate than you, because they didn't get as many dependent deductions for squirting out offspring) to build playgrounds and various other social amenities for your kids.

Oh, and I note that you live in a fantasy world where private schools don't receive myriad government subsidies.

So basically, you're gloating that sure, you took from others, but not as much as some others took from you? What an indispensible member of society you are...
80 percent of US tax payers pay less than I do.

Local School districts saved 40000 dollars a year.

85% of our schools revenue come from tuition, 10% from the diocese, 3% from Private endowments. 2% from grants most from private NGO's. Less than 1% of our schools operating budgets come from any kind of governmental agency grant.

99% of the kids who graduate the CHS my kids attended are CSU UC eligible, 95% went to four year colleges Local public highschools %? 21%.

College grad rate of CHS alumni? 75%

So yes your welcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California