Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 04:25 PM

914 posts, read 2,919,423 times

Advertisements

No, this isn't a joke. I have lived in CA for 35 years, and I just don't think there is another state/area that offers so much, and has such diverse natural beauty. The weather throughout the state is unbelievable, and there certainly is a climate for all tastes. I live in Northern CA and we have the benefit of four seasons w/out all the snow. But if I want it, the breathtaking Sierra Nevada's are only about 2 hours away.

Sure, this state has problems, but they are mostly social issues that are affecting all states, to some degree. I have known so many people who have moved away from California, only to return a short time later. They say that you simply cannot beat the laid-back CA lifestyle, great weather, and fantastic amenities, both man-made, and natural.

I have been a Cali-basher in the past, but just today, seeing all the horrific weather around the country and what people have to put up with, makes me appreciate the Golden State even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2006, 04:59 PM

107 posts, read 720,999 times
I'm glad you're well to do enough to enjoy the better aspects of life still available to this sector. If you lived in, say, Los Angeles for the last 35 years, and weren't well off, do you think you could still make your case given the changes for the worse there? I think everyone on these boards understands trade-offs.

Old 11-16-2006, 05:19 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
California is a Very Precious and Beautiful State despite the problems we are faced here...This State offers an Amazing Variety of Landscapes,Sceneries,Climates,Towns,Cities,
Neighborhoods,People,Culture,Entertainment,Events, Shopping,Dining,etc.

People complain about Crime,Pollution,Housing Costs,Traffic,Sprawl,etc...Well California has over 37 million people and continues to grow,so naturally we will have to expect the problems that comes with Growth,but all we can do is find ways of coping with these problems if we choose to remain here,because California will not stop Growing and will continue to become More Urbanized,especially in the faster growing parts of our state.

When were faced with challenges,instead of running away or complaining,let's try and face these challenges and do what we can to overcome it.

The Passing of Prop 1A through 1E is a sure sign that the Majority of Californians still care about this state and that we want a Change and we want Improvements.

I truly love it here,but i'll admit that their were times that I thought about moving elsehwere,but after seeing the Positive Things that this state offers outweighs the Negatives,that's when I decided that i'm staying right here.

I have Hope in California and I Believe that things will Improve,not overnight,but in time it will :-)

Old 11-16-2006, 05:49 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,171,221 times
I've lived in other places. One of the best things about California is that you never run out of things to do and new things to try. Other areas got downright boring -- some quicker than others. (I only lasted 8 months in Nevada.)

Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 PM

The Variety of Things to See and Do here is Overwhelming,and many people don't realize how Fun and Exciting California is until they've tried living elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I've lived in other places. One of the best things about California is that you never run out of things to do and new things to try. Other areas got downright boring -- some quicker than others. (I only lasted 8 months in Nevada.)

Old 11-16-2006, 08:05 PM

2,624 posts, read 7,260,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looking4home View Post
No, this isn't a joke. I have lived in CA for 35 years, and I just don't think there is another state/area that offers so much, and has such diverse natural beauty. The weather throughout the state is unbelievable, and there certainly is a climate for all tastes. I live in Northern CA and we have the benefit of four seasons w/out all the snow. But if I want it, the breathtaking Sierra Nevada's are only about 2 hours away.
Hawai'i (especially the Big Island) comes pretty close; however, it has it's share of problems as well.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:11 PM

1,810 posts, read 10,487,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliguy29 View Post
The Variety of Things to See and Do here is Overwhelming,and many people don't realize how Fun and Exciting California is until they've tried living elsewhere.
I agree there are many things to do in CA. However, do you think one has to live in the state to enjoy the state? What do you think about the idea living in another state (NV) or country (Mexico) and enjoy CA?

If you sell your house, you may be able to retire in another state or country years earlier. You'll have all the time in the world to vacation in CA.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:35 PM

I feel that no other place in the World can equal the California Experience,and I feel more comfortable living here than coming as a tourist :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarty View Post
I agree there are many things to do in CA. However, do you think one has to live in the state to enjoy the state? What do you think about the idea living in another state (NV) or country (Mexico) and enjoy CA?

If you sell your house, you may be able to retire in another state or country years earlier. You'll have all the time in the world to vacation in CA.

Old 11-17-2006, 10:12 PM

2,909 posts, read 14,085,833 times
Although an opinion, it is shared by many that CA is the best place in America, maybe even the world! I would however avoid LA(unless your really rich) La Jolla is a great area, but again so expensive youd need to be rich. Theres affordable homes in far north CA. Yuba city comes to mind, a pretty nice house can be had for $250k and property taxes/insurance should be very low.

Old 11-22-2006, 01:03 AM

18 posts, read 124,553 times
I love California, I love LA. But it comes with a price, and that price is high. Alas, my moneymaking skills have diminished -- bad business decisions, bad market (for what I do) -- and I unfortunately must now relocate elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California