Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:57 PM

6 posts, read 32,237 times

Advertisements

There is not much in Lompoc (sorry to say). There is Solvang and Buelton close by which are quaint, cute towns and Santa Barbara is about 20 minute away. Lompoc is very slow placed, not much going on...unless you were retiring or do not need a social life, I would not move to Lompoc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 06:54 PM

22 posts, read 101,645 times
Default To Doozie re Lompoc

Doozie, you mentioned you are looking for a quiet place to retire with great weather (no nightlife or school opinions required). Lompoc may just be the place. Try Mission Hills area/Vandenberg Village for an even nicer and quieter living. Im a 36 wife and mother and I would not mind living there. I currently live in Orcutt (20mins north of Lompoc) and have loved the area for almost 20 years.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 3,420 times
Default Lompoc, possibly relocating

Hi everyone,

We are contemplating on whether we want to relocate to Lompoc. I am a little leery about the wind and fog but other than that ..I am looking forward to visiting this town. I am reading your posts and I am a little apprenhensive on moving there but life is what you make of it.

Old 03-30-2008, 08:28 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeHavasulady View Post
Hi everyone,

We are contemplating on whether we want to relocate to Lompoc. I am a little leery about the wind and fog but other than that ..I am looking forward to visiting this town. I am reading your posts and I am a little apprenhensive on moving there but life is what you make of it.
If your from Lake Havasu you will freeze in Lompoc or maybe you will love it because its so hot in Havasu. The fog is more like a cold cloudy day and its during the summer mostly. When its 110 or above in the desert its most likely cloudy and cold along the coast.

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeHavasulady View Post
Hi everyone,

Dont worry! Im sure you will find Lompoc to be a pretty nice place.
We have been here for going on 7 yrs and it has grown on us. We are
buying a brand new home in the mid $300s and life is good.
Welcome! Any questions, pm me! God Bless!

Greenchili

Old 04-05-2008, 06:31 AM

167 posts, read 453,355 times
Hi Havasu,
Do you miss the central coast? It has been wonderful weather here in Havasu for the last week..perfect.

Just curious, what do you miss about the central coast and what don't you miss. Such a drastic change for you from SB to Havasu.

Old 08-07-2010, 12:36 PM

2 posts, read 6,104 times
The inmates in the Federal Pen have their families moving to Lompoc to be near them. Thus the increase in crime and the gangbangers

Old 05-08-2012, 02:41 PM

2 posts, read 5,033 times
LOMPOC SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOMPOC SUCKS, SANTA MARIA SUCKS, THIS AREA SUCKS!!!! I am from the East Coast and to be stationed out here SUCKS!!!! There is NOTHING to do, you have to drive EVERYWHERE and everything closes before my grandma goes to bed! STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY, STAY AWAY!

Old 05-08-2012, 03:37 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,682,084 times
Interesting, why don't you take up surfing and dirt biking. It sounds like you could use a hobby.

Old 06-09-2015, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,612 times
Lompoc resident here. Most of what has been said previously is true: very affordable (for CA coast), minimal nightlife and areas of crime but generally safe. A few things I would clear up though:
- Santa Barbara is over an hour away by car. It is a solid hour door-to-door to my office in Goleta.
- Santa Maria is a good 40 minutes my car, SLO is further
- The schools are fine. Maybe not "award winning", but safe and the teachers are good.
- The weather is great compared to anywhere else in the country, but Californians may complain about the occasional fog and cooler temperatures
- Very little traffic compared to Santa Barbara/Goleta

I think the key thing is price. The nicest houses in Lompoc are around $500k -- that same amount would get you a crappy 2-bedroom in downtown Santa Barbara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California