Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2015, 03:03 PM

4,031 posts, read 4,457,822 times

Advertisements

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/up...-democrat.html

Take into account this is in the primary not the general but one of the biggest surprises is the Silicon Valley. The other one is the Inland Empire which is expected. His key support is from working class whites while that district in the Silicon Valley is very wealthy. Larry Elison of Oracle supports Rubio.

Old 12-31-2015, 03:47 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,435,798 times

Old 01-01-2016, 01:54 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,734,844 times
I don't know a single person who is even considering supporting Trump. We'll see if the rallies etc translate into VOTES

Old 01-01-2016, 02:39 PM

3,980 posts, read 8,984,578 times
I have friends that are Libertarian/Conservative leaning and they can't believe this racist, ignorant clown is even where he is in the polls. They are embarrassed by him.

Old 01-01-2016, 03:26 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,630,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clongirl View Post
I have friends that are Libertarian/Conservative leaning and they can't believe this racist, ignorant clown is even where he is in the polls. They are embarrassed by him.
You're right. I'm not personally Libertarian or Conservative leaning but I've seen the same among the few people I know who are. He leads highest among uneducated white people. There was a poll that came out recently that said 50 percent of the country would be embarrassed to have him as president. That may sound like a lot but that means there are 50 percent of Americans that wouldn't be!

Last edited by aboveordinary; 01-01-2016 at 04:05 PM..

Old 01-01-2016, 04:16 PM

3,241 posts, read 6,294,313 times
I support Trump for president because of his foreign policy, particularly with Russia. The naive, ignorant Russian policies of Rubio, Fiorina or Carson may lead to World War III. Marco Rubio wants to shoot down Russian planes in Syria. Is he ignorant of the likely consequences of this?

Marco Rubio: Shoot Down Russian Aircraft In Syria

The United States is supporting a very corrupt Kiev govt. and their war crimes. All the Neocon Republican candidates support escalation of this Ukrainian war. Ron Paul has the right idea on foreign intervention but he is a horrible candidate and unelectable. Cruz might be intelligent enough to avoid a major war but is probably unelectable in 2016. That leaves Trump as the only choice for a Republican in 2016.

The New York Times “basically rewrites whatever the Kiev authorities say”: Stephen F. Cohen on the U.S./Russia/Ukraine history the media won’t tell you - Salon.com

"The horror of this has been Kiev’s use of its artillery, mortars and even its airplanes, until recently, to bombard large residential cities, not only Donetsk and Luhansk, but other cities. These are cities of 500,000, I imagine, or 2 million to 3 million. This is against the law. These are war crimes"

Trump supporters understand that his outrageous statements are part of his textbook negotiating strategy from his book "Art of the Deal".

"in The Art of the Deal Trump says, if you're serious in a negotiation about wanting something -- and, by the way, being serious is the only time to enter into it -- and if there's something dead certain you've gotta have, you have got to start out with the most outrageous position. The opener has got to be so outrageous that the compromise is exactly what you want. The opener is the most outrageous demand that you can make. "

Trump Supporter: Read The Art of the Deal to Understand What He's Doing

Trump is also way ahead in the polls because of the way he personally connects with voters. See how he does it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwY5XsE4-k

Old 01-04-2016, 04:01 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,388,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
I support Trump for president because of his foreign policy, particularly with Russia. The naive, ignorant Russian policies of Rubio, Fiorina or Carson may lead to World War III. Marco Rubio wants to shoot down Russian planes in Syria. Is he ignorant of the likely consequences of this?

Marco Rubio: Shoot Down Russian Aircraft In Syria

The United States is supporting a very corrupt Kiev govt. and their war crimes. All the Neocon Republican candidates support escalation of this Ukrainian war. Ron Paul has the right idea on foreign intervention but he is a horrible candidate and unelectable. Cruz might be intelligent enough to avoid a major war but is probably unelectable in 2016. That leaves Trump as the only choice for a Republican in 2016.

The New York Times “basically rewrites whatever the Kiev authorities say”: Stephen F. Cohen on the U.S./Russia/Ukraine history the media won’t tell you - Salon.com

"The horror of this has been Kiev’s use of its artillery, mortars and even its airplanes, until recently, to bombard large residential cities, not only Donetsk and Luhansk, but other cities. These are cities of 500,000, I imagine, or 2 million to 3 million. This is against the law. These are war crimes"

Trump supporters understand that his outrageous statements are part of his textbook negotiating strategy from his book "Art of the Deal".

"in The Art of the Deal Trump says, if you're serious in a negotiation about wanting something -- and, by the way, being serious is the only time to enter into it -- and if there's something dead certain you've gotta have, you have got to start out with the most outrageous position. The opener has got to be so outrageous that the compromise is exactly what you want. The opener is the most outrageous demand that you can make. "

Trump Supporter: Read The Art of the Deal to Understand What He's Doing

Trump is also way ahead in the polls because of the way he personally connects with voters. See how he does it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwY5XsE4-k
Trump has great support amongst Putin bootlickers here in Si Val. Lots of them around here (although plenty of Russians around here also hate the b____ for good reason - I find it's mainly 1st generation schmucks who go for Pooty Poot).

Old 01-04-2016, 04:05 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
So far, I'm voting for Trump. Democrats, liberals, and ISIS don't like him. That means he's good for America.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:22 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aboveordinary View Post
You're right. I'm not personally Libertarian or Conservative leaning but I've seen the same among the few people I know who are. He leads highest among uneducated white people. There was a poll that came out recently that said 50 percent of the country would be embarrassed to have him as president. That may sound like a lot but that means there are 50 percent of Americans that wouldn't be!

This is downright terrifying and frightening. Living in the Bay Area culture bubble, I forget how damned ignorant some in this country really are.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:19 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,587,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Coe View Post
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/31/up...-democrat.html

Take into account this is in the primary not the general but one of the biggest surprises is the Silicon Valley. The other one is the Inland Empire which is expected. His key support is from working class whites while that district in the Silicon Valley is very wealthy. Larry Elison of Oracle supports Rubio.
The biggest support for Trump in SoCal is in two adjacent districts, one of which is in the southern IE, and the other which is in south OC and northern SD county.

Not only does Trump have support in Silicon Valley, from the map it also looks like he has support in Marin. Sonoma and the Emerald Triangle make more sense, but his Bay Area support is rather interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California