Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2016, 02:05 AM

8 posts, read 11,754 times

Advertisements

Hi Friends,

I am planning to move to the Fremont Mission area for the top schools for my 6 yr old. We will be seeking admission to 1st grade. Can anyone please suggest on the overloading situation and waitlist counts.
Tried calling the schools but they were not very helpful.

Thanks
-H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2016, 10:47 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,659 times
You should post this in the San Jose or SF-Oakland forum for local responses.

If you don't actually live in Mission San Jose currently, you're probably not going to find much help from the school district. That area of Fremont is by far the most expensive and hardest to buy/rent into because of the schools. If you can't even provide proof of residency there yet, you probably aren't going to get too far.

Also consider that the schools (especially MSJ High) have become increasingly more academically focused and hyper-competitive over the years. In my opinion, test scores aren't everything. I'd much prefer for my child to have a well-balanced education. My wife went to K-12 schools in the area and graduated there from MSJ High. It was different then though. I've told her that there's no way I'd want our son to attend the schools there now. There's very little racial diversity (almost entirely Indian/Chinese) and the gruelingly competitive academic focus is a huge turn off to me.

Also, keep in mind that Fremont doesn't really have any bad schools. If you're not completely set on having to have the "Mission San Jose label", your kid can get a good education pretty much anywhere in Fremont.

Old 01-28-2016, 05:48 PM

943 posts, read 1,320,919 times
Many Fremont school district elementary schools are completely full. Even if you're in the area zoned for a particular school, your child might be overloaded onto another school simply because there's no room. It's largely a matter of luck whether your child would be affected. Though late registrants definitely have a disadvantage.

As was said, almost all Fremont elementary schools are very good.

Old 01-28-2016, 06:42 PM

The OP posted this too in the San Jose forum:

Info on Berryessa area

They appear to be very confused or undecided about where they're actually looking to move.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:00 PM

8 posts, read 11,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
The OP posted this too in the San Jose forum:

Info on Berryessa area

They appear to be very confused or undecided about where they're actually looking to move.
Is it an issue? How do you make a decision? I am trying to get opinion from people over here,if possible try to help. Stop bullying.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangover View Post
Is it an issue? How do you make a decision? I am trying to get opinion from people over here,if possible try to help. Stop bullying.
Don't be so sensitive. Nobody's bullying you. It just seemed strange that in both threads you never said you were trying to decide between the two. You just said you were looking to move to each area and never made any reference to the other area in either of your posts.

Usually when somebody comes on here posting threads that seem to be conflicting, it's because they're trolling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California