Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 10:53 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
Well, I've certainly got a "friend" like that . So I mean it in all good camaraderie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2016, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
You don't remember posting this yesterday?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/43074728-post38.html
Well, I tell ya, I can sure think of about an endless number of worse things to be

Old 02-20-2016, 10:58 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Well, I've certainly got a "friend" like that . So I mean it in all good

camaraderie

Old 02-20-2016, 11:05 AM

1,722 posts, read 1,742,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainHi View Post
You don't remember posting this yesterday?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/43074728-post38.html
Oh yeah ... ... o.k. if i have to be classified then "hippie" would be accurate i suppose. But i really don't smoke a lot of pot.
But there weird things is and no ... i'm not stoned ... i swear i just posted this but i can't find it.

Old 02-20-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
But i really don't smoke a lot of pot.
Sorry to hear about that. Perhaps things will turn around anon.

Old 02-21-2016, 07:34 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,263,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Is it done?

Did it ever even really begin?

This is happening exactly as I've been saying it would.
You and me both. I'm glad I'm not the only one who said that the predicted effects from El Niño were nothing more than huge exaggerations. Turned out we were right, and all the so called meteorological experts at NOAA/NWS were dead wrong, as well as the news media (but of course, they won't admit it). Back in December, I started a thread in the Weather forum about this. Feel free to read and post on it if you wish.

El Niño is essentially a big hype over nothing

Old 02-22-2016, 12:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
You and me both. I'm glad I'm not the only one who said that the predicted effects from El Niño were nothing more than huge exaggerations. Turned out we were right, and all the so called meteorological experts at NOAA/NWS were dead wrong, as well as the news media (but of course, they won't admit it). Back in December, I started a thread in the Weather forum about this. Feel free to read and post on it if you wish.

El Niño is essentially a big hype over nothing
In my observation, the El Nino effects did arrive. They're just skirting CA to a great extent, due to a stubborn high pressure front over the state. Even so, rain has got through, it's been raining in the Bay Area, and snowfall in the Sierras is at a good level. El Nino hit the NW in a big way last November like a typhoon, and has been prolific there. I don't know about points south of CA.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:35 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,399,956 times
The remaining area of elevated SSTs is now mostly around the Date Line. Very little warm water is left near South America. Significantly, a major volume of colder than normal water is now entrained in the subsurface equatorial countercurrent, on its way toward Ecuador and eventually us.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:44 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
The remaining area of elevated SSTs is now mostly around the Date Line. Very little warm water is left near South America. Significantly, a major volume of colder than normal water is now entrained in the subsurface equatorial countercurrent, on its way toward Ecuador and eventually us.
Out of curiosity, is this a normal amount of time between oscillations from warm to cold water in the Pacific? I'm not super familiar with that aspect of the El Nino/La Nina cycles, but I naively thought El Nino's had longer periods of effects than this one did.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:45 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,697,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
So... this effects El Nino for CA how, exactly? And more importantly, do forecasters think this effect will continue to diminish the remainder of our Winter rain opportunities? Obviously, February has been disappointing after the big rains earlier in the season.

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California