Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 AM

958 posts, read 1,146,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfriss92 View Post
the place doesn't have to be big or anything special just one bed one bath in a safe area. and socal is my number one choice but i don't think its possible so thats why i researched other cities, and besides florida and texas all cities have a common theme of low humidity summer and good outdoor rec.

and i know all about sacrifices, I'm not saying i want it all, but there are cities that literally do. winters don't bother me as i am from upstate new york, -20 is a cake walk i don't care for the beach i hate salt water. i just want low humidity summers , relatively cheap living and outdoor rec

basically I'm asking is are there cities, counties, suburbs i can afford the budget i posted and be able to get to either san diego airport, la, burbank, santa ana or ontario?

i have a job waiting for me at any of the locations its just my budget and where i can do
Fontana awaits....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 07:03 AM

286 posts, read 294,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulder2015 View Post
Fontana awaits....
Care to elaborate sir?

Old 03-21-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Care to elaborate sir?
Dumpy, affordable town near ontario airport. Will need to scratch "safe" off your list to meet your budget, unfortunately. I would try slc, abq, denver, boise, for low humidity and mild winters (compared to east coast and midwest). Or up your rental budget if possible.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Dumpy, affordable town near ontario airport. Will need to scratch "safe" off your list to meet your budget, unfortunately. I would try slc, abq, denver, boise, for low humidity and mild winters (compared to east coast and midwest). Or up your rental budget if possible.
Thank you for your input . I'm currently doing some research on Tucson

Old 03-21-2016, 07:51 AM

Tucson has low humidity, but the dry heat there is no picnic.... i would still take it over anywhere within your budget in socal. Just find some indoor activities for july august.

Old 03-21-2016, 07:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Quote:
Tucson has low humidity, but the dry heat there is no picnic.... i would still take it over anywhere within your budget in socal. Just find some indoor activities for july august.
if I were the op, I would be concentrating on places like Reno and ABQ. Not terrible warm in the summer, not horribly snowy or cold winters and dry temps most of the time. We lived in ABQ for 7 years, the best part was the wonderful weather and beauty. The airport is also a dream.

Old 03-21-2016, 08:26 AM

Boulder : I do enjoy dry heat though for sure . I've only ever been exposed to it for about two weeks but was enjoyable . The indoor activity part might be hard because I work outside .
Mmnita: thank you for your input as well , I checked into abq a little but the overall consesus I got from people was that it lacks good city amenities compared to others it's siZe, it was very dangerous with a lot of gang activity and also New Mexicans kind of " shut out " new comers and "whites "

Old 03-21-2016, 08:36 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Boulder : I do enjoy dry heat though for sure . I've only ever been exposed to it for about two weeks but was enjoyable . The indoor activity part might be hard because I work outside .
Mmnita: thank you for your input as well , I checked into abq a little but the overall consesus I got from people was that it lacks good city amenities compared to others it's siZe, it was very dangerous with a lot of gang activity and also New Mexicans kind of " shut out " new comers and "whites "
I have friends who moved to ABQ about 4 years ago and have no problems and love the area. Every place has some problems, but I believe the ones you mention would be found in bad areas, just as can be found anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California