Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Feelings on the gun laws
Want less restrictive gun laws 57 50.89%
Want more restrictive gun laws 41 36.61%
Happy the way it is 5 4.46%
Don't care 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 10:46 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yermum View Post
Did you read about the tragedy of the commons yet? That's your homework, sonny.
Glad to see you lack a response.

You consistently refuse to address any point you disagree with and then use demeaning terminology to hide your ignorance on the subject.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:52 AM

271 posts, read 214,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

You consistently refuse to address any point you disagree with and then use demeaning terminology to hide your ignorance on the subject.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious that you already lost the debate. You just admitted in your previous post the two things I was trying to prove.

1) that laws change whether through addition, subtraction or revision (even the constitution through amendments).
2) laws are necessary for society to properly function.

Unlike your inane comment of people working together without government. What a joke.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Oh I'm sorry, I thought it was obvious that you already lost the debate. You just admitted in your previous post the two things I was trying to prove.

1) that laws change whether through addition, subtraction or revision (even the constitution through amendments).
2) laws are necessary for society to properly function.

Unlike your inane comment of people working together without government. What a joke.
I know you like to think people would destroy each other without government, history of the world shows countless civilizations that were able to survive without government. You just choose to ignore these examples because your desire to control others dominates your collective being.

Individual liberty and personal responsibility scares you. since you can pass control over to the "government" you no longer have to be responsible for your lot in life. It is now always someone else's fault and every negative consequence someone else faces should have been prevented by the government.

Old 06-08-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I know you like to think people would destroy each other without government, history of the world shows countless civilizations that were able to survive without government. You just choose to ignore these examples because your desire to control others dominates your collective being.

Individual liberty and personal responsibility scares you. since you can pass control over to the "government" you no longer have to be responsible for your lot in life. It is now always someone else's fault and every negative consequence someone else faces should have been prevented by the government.
If you're so scared of government why are you still living here? I'm sure there are plane tickets to Mogadishu.

Old 06-08-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
If you're so scared of government why are you still living here? I'm sure there are plane tickets to Mogadishu.
Yawn

Old 06-08-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Yawn
Quote:
?

Pot

Meet

Kettle

Old 06-08-2016, 06:34 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketch89 View Post

Anyone who looks at the statistics can EASILY see that more gun control would result in fewer gun deaths. You can't argue with facts.
late to the thread.
Just wondering where the chart is for guns obtained legally for non mass shootings. I'm sure the totals for individual shootings, the death count is much higher than the mass shootings. I'll bet the total for just Chicago exceeds the national mass shooting total by a large amount.
I understand using charts to prove a point, but when you purposely omit charts to skew a viewpoint and people see it, you automatically lose all credibility as someone you can reasonably discuss things with openly

Old 06-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
?

Pot

Meet

Kettle
You would need to have a point to actually respond to.

Making a statement about moving to sub Sahara Africa is not a point.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:40 PM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
I have a friend that will be moving to an area where bears are know to be around. People carry big calibre handguns for protection when walking or hiking. The idea of carrying a gun with only one bullet is absurd. Even with 6 rounds you might be lucky to hit a charging bear once and it more than likely will not be enough to stop it from mauling you.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
You would need to have a point to actually respond to.

Making a statement about moving to sub Sahara Africa is not a point.
Yawn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California