U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:42 PM

166 posts, read 114,386 times

Advertisements

Anyone here a part of these programs, that send you a free phone with unlimited texts, call, data etc. They have some smart phone's available but they are the basic smart phones, I am wondering if these programs will ever get the higher advanced phones like iPhone or Samsung Galaxy among others more high tech etc. Or do you think they as a company can't get those phones due to certain reasons?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 03:25 PM

3,683 posts, read 8,910,016 times
OP is complaining about the selection of phones in a subsidized program that provides free cell phones and service.

How about you get a job and pay for it yourself, instead of asking the hardworking taxpayers of California to subsidize your lifestyle?

Old 05-24-2016, 12:23 AM

37,908 posts, read 17,741,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
Anyone here a part of these programs, that send you a free phone with unlimited texts, call, data etc. They have some smart phone's available but they are the basic smart phones, I am wondering if these programs will ever get the higher advanced phones like iPhone or Samsung Galaxy among others more high tech etc. Or do you think they as a company can't get those phones due to certain reasons?
Most of the companies participating in the lifeline program will sell you more expensive phones but even then, they won't be the latest and greatest. Here's a list of lifeline providers, I put in a Sacramento zipcode but you can put your own in and see which carriers offer service. Some of them allow you to put your own phone on the plan which might be the best deal because it's pretty easy to find a decent smartphone on craigslist or ebay- just make sure it will work with the carrier
https://www.californialifeline.com/e...reless_results

Old 05-24-2016, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
OP is complaining about the selection of phones in a subsidized program that provides free cell phones and service. How about you get a job and pay for it yourself, instead of asking the hardworking taxpayers of California to subsidize your lifestyle?
Many people who get lifeline phone service have jobs, so why don't your just run along with your poor shaming

Old 05-24-2016, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Many people who get lifeline phone service have jobs, so why don't your just run along with your poor shaming
If they have jobs, they wouldn't need a FREE phone, and could pay the bill for a regular phone and service plan.

Old 05-24-2016, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
If they have jobs, they wouldn't need a FREE phone, and could pay the bill for a regular phone and service plan.
No, there are a number of low income people who can't afford a phone or a plan. You might want to look up the income limits for lifeline, it's not only for people with no income. California LifeLine

Old 05-24-2016, 10:30 PM

Oh I see. Well I applied and I am going to see what happens next.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:17 AM

5 posts, read 4,610 times
I am very grateful to have a life line phone. No, they are not the latest and greatest but it's a phone and it's free. I would not have a phone otherwise. There are company's like Safelink that that will give you an iPhone. It's not a fancy one but again , it's free. I've had mine for over 2 years now. You should never complain about anything that is given to you. No one owes you anything. If you get something free its because someone is trying to help you. The government does not have to give you anything. But they want to help you so they do give you things that will help you to help yourself. My lifeline phone was getting a little worn out so Instead of asking for another free one I was able to obtain a refurbished upgrade. They will still give me the free service for it. Take the phone you are given. Be happy with it and put aside a little bit of the money you save every month by not having to pay a phone bill. Then you can get yourself a better phone .

Old 05-22-2018, 05:32 PM

227 posts, read 123,187 times
I worked as an agent during the summer and it was fun. I also can't believe some people are carrying around more than 2 phones. One case was kinda funny and cute. 2 strangers applying for the phone, They were flirting in front of me, when each got the phone they exchange number and set a date to go out. I was wow, how cute can they be!

Old 05-22-2018, 05:48 PM

3,445 posts, read 2,459,867 times
the govt should concentrate on food, clothing and shelter only, the basic necessities.

outside of necessities, it should not be its concern
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: