Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 10:16 AM

760 posts, read 882,541 times

Advertisements

Came back in to read some other replies.

The one I find amusing is the "Those who bash California are just jealous they cannot live there".

This implies that, "California is the best state", is a fact and not an opinion...which is pretty ridiculous. I'm sure that everyone who bashes places like Detroit are all jealous they cannot live there as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2016, 11:19 AM

387 posts, read 511,725 times
^ okay fine.. That's a fair argument you got there & i accept it. I'm can speak for the rest but just wanted to give you my support that "hating" a certain place doesn't equal being jealous of not living there.

I still love buildings though.

Old 07-13-2016, 11:24 AM

2,986 posts, read 4,575,132 times
Who goes to Detroit for vacation though?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM

760 posts, read 882,541 times
You hear the exact same things about NYC as well.

I think it just has to do with the fact that these are very heavily visited cities. There are way more people who go to CA or NY for vacation than any other place in the country. It seems to be just a numbers game. The more people that visit a place, the more people will bash it...but there are also just as many people who will love it as well.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:11 PM

14 posts, read 16,695 times
Lot of California haters seems to be Republicans from my experience.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:26 PM

124 posts, read 129,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbertW View Post
Lot of California haters seems to be Republicans from my experience.
Shocking!

Old 07-14-2016, 12:34 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,089,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
So for those who enjoy living there, carry on, there's nothing wrong if you enjoy it. For a few of you who've I read posts on this thread, if you don't enjoy it, you can leave if you want to, of yo're not making the effort, I'm not thinking you truly want to leave.

Meanwhile, I'm going to sit back and enjoy my 52* morning with the windows open and the birds singing and other simple pleasures like going to DMV sans appointment on a Friday during the Noon hour and taking care of business in less than 15 minutes. Yeah, things are set up to do some things online, but then I couldn't know whether or not Jen's son got into the college he wanted and if Rob's first grandbaby arrived healthy last week
This is a wonderful attitude. She loves where she is, but she isn't butthurt because others love someplace else.

I love California, it is "home" to me, but if someone loves somewhere else, more power to them! I am of the opinion that every state in the union has something very lovable about it. Every state has something—some detail, something—that makes it "The Best" for that thing. If you're living there, and you love it, then that's the way things are supposed to be.

I don't get all the butthurt and bashing of California. I guess some people love to hate it. I do think with some it's a combination of inferiority complex and jealousy. With others, it's ignorance. But...whatever! It's okay not to like California. I love it and that's what matters to me. Someone else not liking it takes nothing away from my enjoyment and love for it. Just like my loving California and not favoring their state (whatever it is) should take nothing away from their enjoyment and love for that state (whatever it is).

Old 07-14-2016, 10:12 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,097,483 times
If people are happier in Podunk Indiana than in one of the nations "prestigious" cities, I say more power to them. Hell, I'm even jealous. I wish I could be content with the simple life, living on nominal wages and not a whole lot of action.

Old 07-14-2016, 12:35 PM

3,814 posts, read 4,007,016 times
Who cares what the resty of the country thinks. California is a kingdom and they are lesser.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:35 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,905,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
If the state of Oregon regrets bordering California, I give them permission to move. Just print this out and show it if there are any problems ...
I am a native San Franciscan living in Oregon. I needed a good laugh. Thanks!😀
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California