Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 03:20 PM

15 posts, read 14,990 times

Advertisements

From the 1970s through about 2005, you could go hiking throughout The Valley and not encounter a single person. Maybe one or two if you're lucky. Nowdays i can't go once without seeing suburban soccer moms in yoga pants and douchebag bros you'd expect to be flocking around Huntington Beach.

Is it even possible for a trail to become gentrified? Because all i see are instagram models taking selfies for their social medias rather than people who are passionate about the real nature experience like myself. I actually wear proper gear and gallons of water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2016, 04:02 PM

156 posts, read 163,358 times
Get off my lawn!

Old 10-10-2016, 04:09 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
It's the increased focus on health, not gentrification.
In the 1970's the only exercise most people got was disco dancing or roller skating

Old 10-10-2016, 04:17 PM

15 posts, read 14,990 times
Actually it has to do with development right ontop of the Foothills. Those mcmansions that have a killer view also have easy access to hiking trails. Those people i'm okay with. I'm sick of the Yelp discoveries Bros have been making. Yelp tells you every single neighborhood hiking spot, therefore leading to overparking of cars on residential streets. Let's not forget all the liter they leave behind, just a bunch of beer boxes and weed blunts.

I'm even looted a gram of dank off the floor from someone's drop. These are not the kinda people i want hoarding our space every single day. Make my words, every trail will look like Runyon Park by the Hollywood sign. It's already starting to look like it. Those of you who live in Burbank and Pasadena know what i'm talking about.

Thousand Oaks has it the worst.

Old 10-10-2016, 05:18 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,034,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buildingz R' Us View Post
You must be joking. The heat keeps people away. Not to mention the rattlesnakes.

Old 10-10-2016, 06:05 PM

5,733 posts, read 4,688,017 times
So suburban moms in yoga pants aren't allowed to hike on YOUR trails? Get over yourself. You're not that special.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:16 PM

4,453 posts, read 6,796,334 times
Quote:
Is it even possible for a trail to become gentrified?
I didn't realize there were so many poor and homeless there but I guess that is how you like it based on your post.

Old 10-10-2016, 07:30 PM

1,855 posts, read 2,916,788 times
Quote:
Actually it has to do with development right ontop of the Foothills. Those mcmansions that have a killer view also have easy access to hiking trails. Those people i'm okay with. I'm sick of the Yelp discoveries Bros have been making. Yelp tells you every single neighborhood hiking spot, therefore leading to overparking of cars on residential streets. Let's not forget all the liter they leave behind, just a bunch of beer boxes and weed blunts.

I'm even looted a gram of dank off the floor from someone's drop. These are not the kinda people i want hoarding our space every single day. Make my words, every trail will look like Runyon Park by the Hollywood sign. It's already starting to look like it. Those of you who live in Burbank and Pasadena know what i'm talking about.

Don't you have 7 previously banned accounts where you parrot how much you love buildings? Did you change your mind?

Old 10-10-2016, 07:45 PM

5,976 posts, read 13,112,439 times
Ridiculous.

Would you rather everyone be disconnected from the outdoors and nature?

Granted I find crowds annoying and can be challenging to manage certainly, but there are really only a few trails in greater LA that really I feel are what the OP and Buildings R Us describes. Personally I enjoy seeing good looking Moms in yoga pants are enjoying nature as much as I am. They don't do so back east.

Runyon Canyon is the only park and trail that truly feels over-run little douchey/bro/Hollywood type. Even Griffith Park is large enough and has plenty of trails to accommodate crowds most of the time. Other places that are over-run not so much by soccer moms/douchey-bros to the point where it is not enjoyable include:

Eaton Canyon (the Nature Center area is great, just the trail to the waterfall sucks). I was disgusted by graffiti and trash at Hermit falls in Chantry flats, there's a couple others, but for the most part, I welcome good looking women in yoga pants on the trails.

Old 10-10-2016, 09:29 PM

2,985 posts, read 4,882,037 times
Facebook lurkers see all their friends posting photos hiking and looking awesome in their yoga pants. They proceed to be compelled to do the same. I live in Seattle and am bombarded with nearly all of my friends constantly posting photos of them hiking or rock climbing. Few other human activities generate so many obnoxious photos, but apparently our current generation thinks that everyone is impressed by all their hiking photos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California