Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 05:58 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,324,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
Of course I meant it. What, is your satire filter turned off today? Or should I have put one of
these...?
It is going to be interesting and .... the Country will go down hill no matter who wins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 07:53 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,732,439 times
A Conversation With Independent Presidential Candidate Evan McMullin | On Point

This guy (Evan McMullin - former CIA dude) from Utah actually has, in theory, a chance to win the presidency if neither trump or H.C. gets the needed 270 electoral votes because he, unlike all of the other alternative candidates, can potentially win a state (Utah .... maybe even Idaho).
Worth a listen for all of you who want a true conservative (and aren't biased against Mormons). He's way too conservative for me (he'd like to see Roe vs Wade reversed / overturned for example) but i did appreciate hearing from an intelligent (and seemingly sane) Republican candidate and learning why he's the only one who actually has a chance because of the fact that he could get a few electoral votes if he wins Utah.
Listen instead of taking my word for it as i wasn't paying extremely close attention.

Old 10-17-2016, 08:27 PM

7,372 posts, read 15,976,804 times
^Well, I just read the short article attached. He seems to have Trump fairly well sized up in a short paragraph.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:09 PM

23,967 posts, read 32,289,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
How about it isn't "a waste of time" to ensure that a mentally deranged narcissistic sociopath doesn't become the figurehead for my nation. Thanks. And yes, I'd seriously prefer a brilliantly consummate insider politician continue the charade of democracy over that other turd. You betcha.

I'm not in love with HRC, but this pretty much echos my sentiment.

Yes, she is a Wall St. insider and consummate professional politician. America has survived it's fair share of these types. Some we like more than others. Depends on the person.

But you know what the US has not survived?

A "mentally deranged narcissistic sociopath". This would be a first.

And I am not willing to bet my country on a man who brags about being "unpredictable".

Old 10-17-2016, 09:19 PM

7,678 posts, read 5,414,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
V8, off topic and irrelevant post. Please learn to read the original question. This question and post has nothing to do with Trump/Hillary. Secondly, it was not addressed to the Trump rah rah cheerleader section.
I won't be voting the same as V8; however, I think you have started a rude, condescending thread which, rather than what you purport to want to have posted here, incites anger.

You are not the leader of City-Data, though you may wish to annoint yourself as such.

You cannot dictate what gets discussed.

Don't even try.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:31 PM

7,678 posts, read 5,414,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
In my opinion, if we want real change, it's time to break away from two party thinking, not just at the presidential level, but at the congressional level, state level, and local levels.
With all due respect, and as one who watched all seasons of the wonderful Danish television show, Borgen, which revolves very much around the issue of 3rd and 4th candidates and starting new parties, the United States is not Denmark, does not have a small, mostly homogeneous population, and most of all, this is really not the time to indulge ourselves into thinking that other candidates have even a glimmer of hope.

Third party candidates are, this year above all others, definitely "wasted votes."

Old 10-17-2016, 09:53 PM

8,201 posts, read 16,631,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
You cannot dictate what gets discussed.

Don't even try.
It's a little forum thing called staying on topic.

Though feel free blurt whatever opinion you have. I already said later the write-ins did not look interesting, so going off-topic was fine.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:51 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,382,398 times
MtnSurfer, I honestly admire your diplomatic manner. Your point is well-made, and well-written.

I don't think it's really possible to discuss write-in candidates, without discussing the impact that may have on the outcome of the election, though.

I agree with your sentiment - that it's important for all points of view be respected, including more candidates from other parties.

But, I think the time to make the point is before the final election. Once it's clear that your candidate of choice doesn't have a chance of winning, then I think there's a responsibility to make your vote count with the options that are left.

And, unfortunately, the Republican party usually "profits" by the votes that go to third parties or write-in candidates.

I'd like to say that I watched a documentary by Frontline on Youtube about the lives of Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump. Hillary is not one to toot her own horn. I didn't know she'd been an activist since she was young. She actually lied to her parents while she was still in high school to sneak with a friend to go hear Martin Luther King Jr. speak. She has always honestly cared about people and issues. People don't know this about her.

I think Hillary is extremely capable and experienced and honestly cares about the issues. She's just not a charmer. She's pretty much all business. But, she won't embarrass us or hurt us. I know you'd prefer a different candidate, but I hope you'll make the sacrifice and vote for Hillary.

Old 10-18-2016, 08:54 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,382,398 times
In case anyone is interested in the Frontline documentary I mentioned, here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7uScWHcTzk

Old 10-18-2016, 09:58 PM

8,284 posts, read 6,366,578 times
Clinton will put in far left supreme court justices. Religious freedom will be gone forever
Gun ownership will be gone forever.
She will allow thousands of military age middle eastern men to come here.
The borders will be wide open, we might as well not even have borders.
Taxes will skyrocket.
Our national debt will skyrocket.
The United States will never recover, it will be a disaster.
Even if you don't like Trump he is so much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: