Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 01:05 AM

1,122 posts, read 961,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Liberals love putting everyone into boxes and then generalizing about them meanwhile calling others racist, it's pretty funny. It's like the idiots in Berkeley yelling about supporting free speech meanwhile they riot to prevent someone from speaking.
I will agree with what you stated here. As much as I love where I live today there are those who call others racists and it's usually the Liberals who call people names on the other side. It gets old after awhile.

I do want to say we have many Mexicans in my community and they all seem to be doing well as far as I can see. They pull up in nice cars- dress nice for work so I am thinking these folks are doing ok. If the Mexican families would stop having so many children then they might be able to send a couple of their kids to college/higher education. Keep in mind, it is very expensive to send your kids to Universities. My granddaughter certainly cannot afford to go as her parents are not upper middle class. My daughter cares for a son (my grandson) with a brain injury and my granddaughter works a job 40 hrs a week to keep her car, insurance etc paid for. My son-in-law has a good IT job with a big corporation but he is the breadwinner There are many people who also know how to work the system too...

Again, I do not see skin color but character. Those kids up in Berkeley were sickening. It just blew me away the way they destroyed property that did not belong to them. California has been ruled by the far left for a long time and we are the highest in poverty. Go figure. California is not doing all that well and of course it depends on where you get your news. We in California know much of the truth as we live here and see what is happening. We see the homeless and it's getting bigger and bigger. People losing jobs - their homes - disabilities and big changes. It's sad. Our Vets are struggling.

I know I got off topic but to the OP - there are many who are doing ok and not working low paying jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 02:15 PM

44 posts, read 115,523 times
Lol first of all, your looking in also Angeles. Filled with illegal immigrants and big city problems. Of course many Mexicans coming here illegally are uneducated and therefore, do not qualify for anything but a "menial" job. It's a process of assimilation and working hard to better ones-self. All the Mexicans I know are doing just fine. "Menial" jobs are important and I think it's rude that some one would insult the people working them. Most people start off with a "menial" job.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homenj View Post
Thanks for the replies but I notice a lot of you have mentioned illegals. I am not really about them since it makes sense for low skilled undocumented immigrants to work in these jobs. I am talking about second, third, fourth, and beyond generation Mexican Americans who have been here for generations but still remain in the working class and don't graduate from college. I was reading that only about 13% of all US born Mexican Americans over the age of 25 graduate from college. I figure this percentage is the same in California but I don't really know. This is upsetting to read that only a small percentage of American Born Mexicans graduate and this statistic is lower than for other ethnic American even lower than some Latino groups. I don't know why this is. I don't know if it is the history of Mexicans being seen as intellectually inferior or what.
All the 3D, 4th generation Mexicans I know (and it's a lot) are doing just fine and making great money working great jobs. Maybe it's just the Mexicans that live in LA.

Old 02-12-2017, 02:20 PM

It's always irritating when people hijack The African American experience and try to make it their own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California