Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:42 PM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodie2shoes View Post
LOL, can you?

employed in CA: 18.4 million.
employed in TX: 12.7 million.

Again, the state that generates the highest revenue is in fact CA!

#themoreyouknow #themoreyougrow

now, why are you ignoring the fact that Tx has more violent crimes, more rapes, more child molesters than CA? Even though CA supposedly has more Gangs and illegals?

Maybe because rednecks are more violent? Heck, if the KKK were included in the Gangs statistics, TX would shoot to #1! Violent trump supporters alone is going to make TX the #1 most violent State in 2017. Just wait for it!

TX already beats CA. In just 1 year they will beat the rest of the states at the most violent, most hateful and most ignorant! #yesweklan

What do CA get from TX? Nothing really. Beside hateful and pathetic people on the internet trolling the CA forum.

What do TX get from CA? Apple, Google, Tesla, Air Plane parts, In N Out, and who knows what else. And that's just TX. The Red States all benefit from CA federal tax revenues.

If CA secede, most red states would cease to exists. Trickle Down Economy supporting the Red States. Imagine that.

* type 3-5 words in caps is a Temper-tantrum or making a POINT? hmmmm
Wow. That's quite the screed. Full disclosure here: while I currently live in TX, but lived in CA for about 20 years.

So, it's a FACT that Texas has more crimes, rapes and child molesters than CA. Please provide those stats.

Have you ever even BEEN to Texas? The KKK? Where do liberals come up with that stuff. I get the whole Trump Derangement Syndrome, but violent Trump supporters?

What did TX get from CA? You are correct. PLENTY of businesses that were driven out by the lunatic policies that the Dems have enacted in CA. Air plane parts - that's quite a "business" by the way. LOL

P.S. Did you notice the heavy use of CAPS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2017, 10:52 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodie2shoes View Post
LOL, can you?

employed in CA: 18.4 million.
employed in TX: 12.7 million.

Again, the state that generates the highest revenue is in fact CA!

#themoreyouknow #themoreyougrow

now, why are you ignoring the fact that Tx has more violent crimes, more rapes, more child molesters than CA? Even though CA supposedly has more Gangs and illegals?

Maybe because rednecks are more violent? Heck, if the KKK were included in the Gangs statistics, TX would shoot to #1! Violent trump supporters alone is going to make TX the #1 most violent State in 2017. Just wait for it!

TX already beats CA. In just 1 year they will beat the rest of the states at the most violent, most hateful and most ignorant! #yesweklan

What do CA get from TX? Nothing really. Beside hateful and pathetic people on the internet trolling the CA forum.

What do TX get from CA? Apple, Google, Tesla, Air Plane parts, In N Out, and who knows what else. And that's just TX. The Red States all benefit from CA federal tax revenues.

If CA secede, most red states would cease to exists. Trickle Down Economy supporting the Red States. Imagine that.
Lets look at the truth comparing Texas and California.

California vs. Texas crime statistics. Texas had only 9.8 more violent crimes than California per 100,000 people. California is 17th highest per 100,000 violent crimes. In total numbers as California has about 1.5 times the total population of Texas so this puts California as the leader between the two states in total numbers of Violent Crime.

Violent Crime Rate By State - WorldAtlas.com

California had half again more murders than Texas total last year. In the top 25 murder capitals in the U.S. California had 3 (over 10%) of the total of the cities with the highest murder rate, Texas never even made the list.

America’s 25 Murder Capitals - 24/7 Wall St.

What did Texas get from California---A heck of a lot of jobs. Companies like Toyota, and Apple putting their Billion Dollar Lap Top Factory in Texas not California.

California has lost a lot of manufacturing jobs as companies have been pulling out of California. Texas was the state, the largest numbers of manufacturing jobs moved to. See the drop in manufacturing jobs which has been the anchor of jobs for the middle class, that California has lost. Of course Texas during that same time period has grown manufacturing jobs.

http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/lfmont...Highlights.pdf

Of the top 15 states to make a living, California is #5 worst and Texas does not make the list.\

15 Worst States in America to Make a Living in 2016

Poverty rate adjusted for cost of living, the U-6 rate, called the real poverty rate, or supplemental poverty rate, shows Texas has slightly higher poverty rate than California, but when the incomes are adjusted for cost of living, California is way higher poverty rate than Texas and is higher than any other state in the union. California has won the race hands down for Poverty Capital in USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_poverty_rate

Quote:
Sears, K-Mart, Radio Shack, and Macy's are losing business because people order online from Amazon and other retailers, and those stores could not keep up with the times.
The companies are not going out of business. This closing low producing stores is normal in retail, and building and opening stores in another area of the same cities. A lot of those stores, have already been replaced. As consumers move from one area of town to another for their major shopping, and as leases run out on old run down stores and shopping centers, they have been moving to new areas for as long as I was around Retail Businesses starting in mid 1950s. As the middle income moves from an area to a better quality area, they close the old stores as they are no longer feasible to keep them open. I know in the 50s, I was brought in to either make 2 stores profitable, or to close them. I found they were both in locations it would be impossible to make them profitable and closed both of them.

Thinking that those stores are on their last legs as the poster indicates, it really means he/she knows nothing about running retail businesses, and why a chain store company would close stores.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:32 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post

California vs. Texas crime statistics. Texas had only 9.8 more violent crimes than California per 100,000 people. California is 17th highest per 100,000 violent crimes. In total numbers as California has about 1.5 times the total population of Texas so this puts California as the leader between the two states in total numbers of Violent Crime.

Violent Crime Rate By State - WorldAtlas.com

California had half again more murders than Texas total last year. In the top 25 murder capitals in the U.S. California had 3 (over 10%) of the total of the cities with the highest murder rate, Texas never even made the list.

America’s 25 Murder Capitals - 24/7 Wall St.

What did Texas get from California---A heck of a lot of jobs. Companies like Toyota, and Apple putting their Billion Dollar Lap Top Factory in Texas not California.

California has lost a lot of manufacturing jobs as companies have been pulling out of California. Texas was the state, the largest numbers of manufacturing jobs moved to. See the drop in manufacturing jobs which has been the anchor of jobs for the middle class, that California has lost. Of course Texas during that same time period has grown manufacturing jobs.

http://www.calmis.ca.gov/file/lfmont...Highlights.pdf

Of the top 15 states to make a living, California is #5 worst and Texas does not make the list.\

15 Worst States in America to Make a Living in 2016

Poverty rate adjusted for cost of living, the U-6 rate, called the real poverty rate, or supplemental poverty rate, shows Texas has slightly higher poverty rate than California, but when the incomes are adjusted for cost of living, California is way higher poverty rate than Texas and is higher than any other state in the union. California has won the race hands down for Poverty Capital in USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_poverty_rate

The companies are not going out of business. This closing low producing stores is normal in retail, and building and opening stores in another area of the same cities. A lot of those stores, have already been replaced. As consumers move from one area of town to another for their major shopping, and as leases run out on old run down stores and shopping centers, they have been moving to new areas for as long as I was around Retail Businesses starting in mid 1950s. As the middle income moves from an area to a better quality area, they close the old stores as they are no longer feasible to keep them open. I know in the 50s, I was brought in to either make 2 stores profitable, or to close them. I found they were both in locations it would be impossible to make them profitable and closed both of them.

Thinking that those stores are on their last legs as the poster indicates, it really means he/she knows nothing about running retail businesses, and why a chain store company would close stores.
You just frustrated the TX bashers.

Old 01-13-2017, 06:59 AM

21,736 posts, read 16,350,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrader View Post
Let's not.

Especially your version.

Your sales campaign is stale. Chanting the same lines over and over and over and over and over for years and years and years here - even as California continues to prosper. Salesmen select specious tidbits to desperately try to convince the gullible buyers. Be happy up there in Montana and let your anger toward California go, OT.

I have absolutely nothing against Texas. I am a booster. I hope everyone in California moves there. Tomorrow. Or Montana to be your neighbor. But your disinformation campaign is dishonest.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
You just frustrated the TX bashers.
No he didn't. This nonsense from both sides has been going on like the Hatfields and McCoys for years and years and years. I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would care either way.

Nebraska raises more hogs than California.
Does that mean California is doomed unless we overtake pork production?

Minnesota mines more taconite.
Will California be forever the laughing stock of the nation until we dig more ore?

Maine harvests more lobsters than California - 75% - oh noes!
What to do what to do?! The embarrassment! The 'efing humiliation! Oh god oh god oh god! Move to Maine to reap the glory!

Oregon has more rain!

Kansas produces more wheat! (followed by N. Dakota and Montana!) California has failed failed failed!

Elkhart, Indiana is home to by far the most band instrument manufacturing!
Oh the humiliation! Why why why has California so neglected this opportunity?!

etc ... zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old 01-13-2017, 07:18 AM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Have you ever even BEEN to Texas? The KKK?
Yeah, lot of this nonsense around the Bay Area. I used to live in Virginia, about two miles from Washington, DC, in a county where a greater share of adults had master's degrees than in Marin or San Mateo, and which went for Hillary 4-1 over Trump. Yet I've been asked what it was like to live in the South with all the gun people and rednecks.

Ignorance is perfectly acceptable here, as long as the application of misunderstood or incorrect data is towards working class white people. It also allows people to say that if you've ever set foot anywhere south of the Potomac or Ohio rivers in the eastern 1/2 of the country, you clearly hate transgendered vegans and should have your visa to visit San Francisco revoked.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:28 AM

6,741 posts, read 6,730,607 times
Think some of the discussion misses the point. Like a lot of people, I prefer living in California to Texas (where I almost moved) because of the climate, activities, and scenery. But there's no question this 5th largest economy in the world rhetoric misses the point that we have two economies - a booming tech economy in the Bay Area, and a worse than national average economy elsewhere, and in some cases, much worse.

The feel good min wage increase, save the little fish campaigns, and tax increases to pay off unions will cause big problems in the next recession, and probably send Central Valley unemployment to the mid-teens, and LA County back to 10%, even if the rest of the country holds at 6 or 7%.

Old 01-13-2017, 07:48 AM

15,507 posts, read 6,432,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Think some of the discussion misses the point. Like a lot of people, I prefer living in California to Texas (where I almost moved) because of the climate, activities, and scenery. But there's no question this 5th largest economy in the world rhetoric misses the point that we have two economies - a booming tech economy in the Bay Area, and a worse than national average economy elsewhere, and in some cases, much worse.

The feel good min wage increase, save the little fish campaigns, and tax increases to pay off unions will cause big problems in the next recession, and probably send Central Valley unemployment to the mid-teens, and LA County back to 10%, even if the rest of the country holds at 6 or 7%.
SAN Diego is doing good, Sacramento is growing above average, so is riverside, Los Angeles is above average, and so is Orange County. No need to make it sound like a waste land outside of SF

Old 01-13-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:

If your assessments of California's "save the little fish" campaign is any reflection of your grasp of the state's many other positions and future, I think we are all well advised to look at some other crystal ball.

The state wasn't out to "save the little fish". "Saving the little fish" was California environmentalists' campaign to force the feds to force the state to save the water quality of the Delta. You know, the water that 70% of California relies on for its survival? And the water which the entire state's viability and very economic existence depends on? That water? The west coast's largest estuary? Which was being disastrously polluted? Oh yeah. Huh. You're welcome.

Another example of "in depth' analysis and understanding of issues brilliantly set forth in the state's leading indicator of intellectual illumination: CD Forum.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:55 AM

1 posts, read 543 times
Quote:

Exactly right. Jerry has said this all along - When a downturn comes, this is a state not prepared for it.

I'm in agreement with your assessment outside SF. LA, for it's size, is absolutely not producing much. The central valley is one of, if not the, most depressed place in the nation.

True story, one time in the bay area years ago, someone was musing at Whole Foods. A man from Austin, who happened to hear the good sentiment, agreed and was then asked "You mean they have Whole Foods in Texas? I thought it was Bay area thing"...

No response needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California