Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 10:42 PM

782 posts, read 759,678 times

Advertisements

This is the worst I have seen it in California, roads are in dire shape, says former Caltrans director - LA Times

Soon will see a hefty increase in fuel taxes, maybe not as bad as my native state of PA (58 cents/gallon highest in the Nation) and still the roads, infrastructure and bridges there are in bad shape, so much for the funding.

I see some nasty roads around San Diego, some of the newer ones are not too bad but I'm thinking I'll need an alignment after this winter with the potholes I have hit which reminds of of Spring in PA.

Last edited by aewan68; 02-13-2017 at 11:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 10:50 PM

787 posts, read 644,423 times
I agree with that statement. I've been dodging the same ginormous potholes on every freeway in the area for YEARS. YEARS.

The drive from the north bay through 19th ave? ATROCIOUS.

FIX IT FFS, DO something with my tax dollars.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:17 PM

782 posts, read 759,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodUsernamesWereTaken View Post
I agree with that statement. I've been dodging the same ginormous potholes on every freeway in the area for YEARS. YEARS.

The drive from the north bay through 19th ave? ATROCIOUS.

FIX IT FFS, DO something with my tax dollars.
As long as those tax dollars work. There was we an old saying in PA, "What's Yellow & Black and Sleep's Six?" that was back when PennDot had Black and Yellow Trucks, typically this applied to the crew cab models.

Old 02-14-2017, 08:40 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
In LA city they constantly repave roads that were in perfect condition while I have to drive 20 MPH on nearby roads because they are so bad. annoys me to know end.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:19 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,822,024 times
Glad they keep raising taxes to fix the roads.

Oh wait, seems those tax increases are going to something else.

This state is so predictable.

Democrats say we need to increase taxes to fix the roads or help schools.

Californians vote in new taxes.

Democrats syphon new revenue to pet projects.

2-3 years pass, democrats Coke back saying we need to increase taxes for the roads and education.

Old 02-14-2017, 09:20 AM

1,199 posts, read 1,648,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
In LA city they constantly repave roads that were in perfect condition while I have to drive 20 MPH on nearby roads because they are so bad. annoys me to know end.
Sign of the times. Sell the Vega and get yourself one of these....https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...82.PKswQUFZev8

Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 AM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
ummm they just noticed that now....It's been in a poor condition for many years

Old 02-16-2017, 11:53 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
It's really frustrating because we have some of the most benign weather in the US. Our urban areas aren't dealing with freezing temps, extreme heat (mostly), salt, ice, etc... That 10" of rain a year and year round 65-80 degrees in San Diego must really strain the pavement.....

Old 02-16-2017, 12:07 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,875,368 times
Mismanagement of funds....I live in the Bakersfield Area and their was this burnt freeway sign on Highway 99 from some kind of fire that happened,and I kid you not,it took them more than a year for Caltrans to replace it....It took them that long to replace a freeway sign,not resurfacing the freeway

California is a gorgeous state,but it breaks my heart seeing the poor infrastructure and management in this state

Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
It's really frustrating because we have some of the most benign weather in the US. Our urban areas aren't dealing with freezing temps, extreme heat (mostly), salt, ice, etc... That 10" of rain a year and year round 65-80 degrees in San Diego must really strain the pavement.....

Old 02-16-2017, 12:19 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californiaguy2007 View Post
Mismanagement of funds....I live in the Bakersfield Area and their was this burnt freeway sign on Highway 99 from some kind of fire that happened,and I kid you not,it took them more than a year for Caltrans to replace it....It took them that long to replace a freeway sign,not resurfacing the freeway

California is a gorgeous state,but it breaks my heart seeing the poor infrastructure and management in this state
I remember a pot hole on my street in OC, Filled once and sank, filled again and sank, filled again and sank, filled again ... well as far as I know to this day the filler they used was too soft and the dip is still there, but the company doing the job makes a lot of money at tax payer expense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California