Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2017, 11:35 AM

105 posts, read 95,907 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I didn't see a Santa Barbara sub forum, I believe I should post here? Please redirect if I should be somewhere else,thanks!

I will be moving to Santa Barbara for a month, possibly a little bit longer, starting in late May. I will be house sitting for a friend and caring for their pets while they are away. Though the goal is to take a leave of absence from my current job, take stock and reflect on my life- I would still like to stay busy and make some cash while staying there. I have many years of experience with all kinds of jobs and am obviously not looking for something permanent. I would like to find out about the best way to find not shady part-time work. There's always craigslist, but do any locals have advice on small businesses that are known to hire part-time people? I am looking forward to spending time in Santa Barbara and see this as a chance for rejuvenation, exploration, and meeting new people. I will have my own car so transportation won't be an issue. I will be coming from Northern Virginia. It's a long drive but I will be visiting relatives along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2017, 03:00 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,397,340 times
Because of the lack of industry and other growth oriented businesses, SB has a very tight job market. Craigslist is a good start, YMMV. You may need to wait until you are there to actually have a meaningful search.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:29 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,039,467 times
You could look in Isla Vista, as UCSB students will be mostly gone for the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California