Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:01 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
Geez, if this is the way you show "love" for something - by constantly belitting it - I pity your poor wife.
Showing love for problems?

My wife is very happy.

Now CA is great in many ways, but ignoring the problems does not help it.

I do not constantly belittle it and on many threads I have recommended people move to CA and make suggestions about areas based on my knowledge.

It is threads Like this I have fun with because after a while they get ridiculous and many can't acknowledge any problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 08:46 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Now I see the problem, you can't read with comprehension.
Fixed it for you:

"Eureka! You don't agree with me, so you must have problems with reading comprehension!"

Old 03-07-2017, 08:55 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,687,308 times
Quote:
I only left 7 years ago and I am 70, so it wasn't as a child. I am considering moving back this year.

Now I love SoCal and know that the majority of the problems would not impact me, but it is fun to see people ignoring, avoiding, etc., the problems that are ... getting worse. TN is not heaven, though it is a great State and I like it here, but I like SoCal more.

Most of these threads I post on for fun, as they are so silly. Too much time on my hands.
So, not only are you scared -itless of California, you also possess some sort of special insight into this state's problems that none of it's nearly 40 million inhabitants has? Hmmm.

Are you also on a mission to correct our "faulty" perceptions of this state?

Old 03-08-2017, 06:48 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,793,334 times
Quote:
Who said anything about being afraid??? I was just there a few months ago and ... wasn't afraid and my wife shocked me by saying she could move back (a 180 degree turn around for her).

The issue is many third world conditions existing there now that did not in the past. It is what people see. Just drive by the Santa Ana river in Santa Ana.

Welcome to OC, at least part of it that was not a problem in the past.

[url=http://www.ocregister.com/articles/homeless-745843-county-judge.html]Judge asks for long-term plan for Santa Ana River homeless residents' property - The Orange County Register[/url]
Lol. That picture looks really fake. I'm in Santa Ana often and have never seen something like that before. If anything Santa Ana has been gentryfying for some time and is looking better, not worst. You do see those types of encampments in downtown LA or downtown San Diego, but I've never seen them in OC. I think the problem is worst in San Diego.

I do alot of homeless outreach, many homeless here aren't from CA. Someone tried correcting me recently about that statement, but I interview them on a continuous basis and used to work trying to get them assistance. Many come here for the weather.

It's an inherited problem. They come all over the country, quite a few from southern states, Oregon, Washington state.

Old 03-08-2017, 07:31 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,181,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Lol. That picture looks really fake. I'm in Santa Ana often and have never seen something like that before. If anything Santa Ana has been gentryfying for some time and is looking better, not worst. You do see those types of encampments in downtown LA or downtown San Diego, but I've never seen them in OC. I think the problem is worst in San Diego.

I do alot of homeless outreach, many homeless here aren't from CA. Someone tried correcting me recently about that statement, but I interview them on a continuous basis and used to work trying to get them assistance. Many come here for the weather.

It's an inherited problem. They come all over the country, quite a few from southern states, Oregon, Washington state.
I know exactly where that pic was taken along the river trail. It's technically SA adjacent in Orange where Angel stadium is. But f you go to Santa Ana civic center you will see a homeless encampment with thousands of homeless. I was just there and it's shocking to see.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:23 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:

People correct you about that because it's wrong the vast majority of homeless people report that they are residing in the same area where they last had a residence. Next time you look at a homeless person, just ask yourself this - how did they get to California? The homeless people I have worked with don't have enough money for a motel room let alone Bus or Airfare from across the US.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:26 PM

Quote:

That was just one of many photos. Just go to the area and look.

Hundreds of homeless living along Santa Ana River are warned to relocate - The Orange County Register

Santa Ana River project begins, homeless encampments start to move - The Orange County Register

Audio: Lawsuits seek halt to homeless evictions along Santa Ana River | 89.3 KPCC

As to being from Southern areas, nope, just ask Mutt he has posted the info that the vast majority are from the local area not move ins as it were.

Now my point was not that OC has major problems County wide but that some see third world conditions in certain areas and ........ they do. Something that did not exist there when I lived in the area. Costa Mesa to be precise, and it has gone down quite a bit as well, though nothing like Santa Ana.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:47 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Quote:
Showing love for problems?

My wife is very happy.

Now CA is great in many ways, but ignoring the problems does not help it.

I do not constantly belittle it and on many threads I have recommended people move to CA and make suggestions about areas based on my knowledge.

It is threads Like this I have fun with because after a while they get ridiculous and many can't acknowledge any problems.
Yea. Like people are going to take faith in a troll.

Old 03-09-2017, 06:43 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
People correct you about that because it's wrong the vast majority of homeless people report that they are residing in the same area where they last had a residence. Next time you look at a homeless person, just ask yourself this - how did they get to California? The homeless people I have worked with don't have enough money for a motel room let alone Bus or Airfare from across the US.
OK. Lets say you are homeless in flyover country. You know winter is coming and it's going to be freezing for weeks at a time. Would you not try to sell drugs, sell blood, collect cans, bum money from family and friends or even work under the table on a farm or something to get that $150 or so to get to California?

Route 66 may just be a relic but the urge to head west is still there. Especially with no roof over your head.

Old 03-09-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Yea. Like people are going to take faith in a troll.
Uh what Troll???

If you mean me look at my rep and learn to think.

If you mean someone else, then address what has been posted via links, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California