Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2017, 01:14 PM

911 posts, read 590,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Nobody knows what the exact % is because one of the 5 most corrupt union depts in the whole US won't turn over their accounting to the state auditors. This is a small amount the auditors where able to dig up through court orders the actual amount is probably a lot higher.

Why are you pro sesesion and pro corupt unions? That makes no sense unless your a jerk troll
Perhaps you could quote any pro corrupt union posts?

But you also still didnt answer the question: how much of the "dpw" budget was the $660,000? You stated that "$660,000 was spent on Vegas trips." Did that come out of union budget? Or DPW budget? And over how many years? If it came out of union budget (through dues) it really isnt a taxpayer issue is it?

This report of yours only rises to significance if the amount spent on Vegas is taxpayer funded at a significant dent to annual budget. Maybe you could link a source for the data?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:31 PM

911 posts, read 590,599 times
Quote:

Why are you pro sesesion and pro corupt unions? That makes no sense unless your a jerk troll
Curious whether you think asking salient questions identifying if statements reflect actual relevancy amounts to trolling? Do you think everybody on this forum should hold the same opinions as you? Especially if your version of circumstances is fundamentally flawed by misleading information?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:57 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Nobody knows what the exact % is because one of the 5 most corrupt union depts in the whole US won't turn over their accounting to the state auditors. This is a small amount the auditors where able to dig up through court orders the actual amount is probably a lot higher.

We don't even know what agency you are talking about, it's not Orange County because there no joint 'power and water' agency in the county Orange County, California - Water Districts I'm sure you will tell us because if you don't it makes no sense since only a jerk troll would post an vague acronym and then refuse to identify it.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:25 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
I will NEVER be able to understand Democrats who accept and want tax increases. The money will just disappear, what a waste. Weird people.
I don't want to hear another word from them about income inequality, giving a helping hand, looking out for the little guy, being the party of the working and middle class, etc. while they push for $4.00/gal gas and $200 car tags. So much for the minimum wage increase when it will be eaten up by the increased cost of just getting to a job.

Old 04-09-2017, 03:36 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,821,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
We don't even know what agency you are talking about, it's not Orange County because there no joint 'power and water' agency in the county Orange County, California - Water Districts I'm sure you will tell us because if you don't it makes no sense since only a jerk troll would post an vague acronym and then refuse to identify it.
It's the LADWP being discussed- how did this go from the road repair tax hike to the LADWP? Anyway, the money wasted in Vegas was by a vendor (accounting firm), not the LADWP itself.https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
That said, there are other issues with the LADWP, like this:https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
And this:https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
As far as the last item goes, they are in the process of refunding overpayent of bills to compete customers.
The item about long lunches, etc. is extremely aggravating but I have to say they do a good job overall, at least in my experience. I would like to see them go to auto read meters to reduce staffing costs but don't know if that will ever happen.
So yes, they are imperfect but overall, they do a good job. Just wanted to get some facts straight.
I'll probably get jumped for defending them but, folks need to look at the whole picture.

Last edited by Social Democrat; 04-09-2017 at 03:49 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 04:15 PM

42,838 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Democrat View Post
It's the LADWP being discussed- how did this go from the road repair tax hike to the LADWP? Anyway, the money wasted in Vegas was by a vendor (accounting firm), not the LADWP itself.https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
That said, there are other issues with the LADWP, like this:https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
And this:https://www.google.com/search?query=...obile-us&hl=en
As far as the last item goes, they are in the process of refunding overpayent of bills to compete customers.
The item about long lunches, etc. is extremely aggravating but I have to say they do a good job overall, at least in my experience. I would like to see them go to auto read meters to reduce staffing costs but don't know if that will ever happen.
So yes, they are imperfect but overall, they do a good job. Just wanted to get some facts straight.
I'll probably get jumped for defending them but, folks need to look at the whole picture.
Thanks for the clarification, I figured it wasn't as dramatic as it sounded, and it appears that they have sued the accounting firm and are pursuing prosecution for some of the embezzlement. What it demonstrates is that all businesses, private and public need to have regular internal and external audits, why they didn't do that is unclear but hopefully that will be addressed.

Old 04-09-2017, 04:36 PM

1,298 posts, read 1,821,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Thanks for the clarification, I figured it wasn't as dramatic as it sounded, and it appears that they have sued the accounting firm and are pursuing prosecution for some of the embezzlement. What it demonstrates is that all businesses, private and public need to have regular internal and external audits, why they didn't do that is unclear but hopefully that will be addressed.
The union fought against an idependent audit for quite some time. The audit did uncover some misdeeds within the LADWP, which again is very aggravating but ongoing audits should correct those issues. I think (hopefully) the union learned audits benefit them as they don't want to have a few bad apples spoil the barrel.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:25 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
It's not a big amount but multiply it by every vehicle twice a year, what are they doing with that money???
You know the old saying:
"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon we're talking about real money."

Old 04-09-2017, 06:32 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
I don't want to hear another word from them about income inequality, giving a helping hand, looking out for the little guy, being the party of the working and middle class, etc. while they push for $4.00/gal gas and $200 car tags. So much for the minimum wage increase when it will be eaten up by the increased cost of just getting to a job.
Just wait.

The carbon tax will raise the price of energy, of course. The tax revenue generated by it will then be redistributed to the poor because they, of course, cannot afford to absorb the tax increase showing up through electricity bills and all goods and services.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:45 PM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
Quote:
Or maybe the dept of water and power can cancel their stripper/ hooker fueled trips to Vegas
And pay their employees comparable to what other agencies pay. Currently they are the highest paid people on the planet for what they do. Plus retire young with unbelievable pensions.
Your paying for this crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California