Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 09:38 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,188 times

Advertisements

I have a lot of respect to those entrepreneurs who got rich but i could not imagine how they could have done it without employees. Am sure Gates, Zuckerberg, Jobs had partners and employees to develop their products that made them rich

So how could you justify that only the rich or wealthy only have the privilege to vote? In business and society, everybody have to play their part. You cant get rich on your own unless you won the lottery or had inheritance.

If only the rich can vote, then we are back to feudalism. Master and serfs. Didnt the french hang their ruling class because of this situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 06:26 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Aren't you too poor to come back to California?
No

Old 06-07-2017, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleysOwl View Post
Doesn't make a lick of difference to the point made. Those huge numbers of non-taxpayers referred to include millions and millions and millions of retired, students, disabled,... and low paid workers without whom the taxpayers could not thrive.
Does make a difference as Rich and Tax payers are two separate groups. Not all tax payers are rich. That was my point. The change is not what was said by the poster. Beyond that I did not comment.

Just pointing out the usual twist made.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I have a lot of respect to those entrepreneurs who got rich but i could not imagine how they could have done it without employees. Am sure Gates, Zuckerberg, Jobs had partners and employees to develop their products that made them rich

So how could you justify that only the rich or wealthy only have the privilege to vote? In business and society, everybody have to play their part. You cant get rich on your own unless you won the lottery or had inheritance.

If only the rich can vote, then we are back to feudalism. Master and serfs. Didnt the french hang their ruling class because of this situation?
Aside from Owl who said that?

Old 06-07-2017, 07:45 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,722,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
No
A year ago you sure whined about it

Old 06-07-2017, 07:53 AM

911 posts, read 590,743 times
Quote:
Does make a difference as Rich and Tax payers are two separate groups. Not all tax payers are rich. That was my point. The change is not what was said by the poster. Beyond that I did not comment.

Just pointing out the usual twist made.
No it doesnt. The concept of "taxpayers" as wealthy is in the definition of wealth inferred by the poster and his referenced chart. That poster iis known here in particular for his lauding of personal wealth as the only meaningful metric of the electorate. All those people represented as not paying are either low-income workers or non-earners. Yet, as pointed out, the taxpayers could not thrive to pay taxes as they do without the labor and consumption of those paying little to no taxes. THAT reality is the only meaningful point at hand relative to the post of CR.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:17 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times
Quote:
Notice how he switched it from tax payers to rich?

As to voting, "Bread and Circus" has been the way to get votes since Roman times. Politicians have learned to use that, not do the job they were voted into office to do, just to get the power they want.
Yes I did but Tulemutt only did that because he knows that he can't morally, spiritually, or logically counter the point I made without looking like a Bolshevik. Voting to redistribute OTHER people's money to yourself is theft. You can't justify it unless you admit that it's simply redistribution of wealth through the force of the state's gun to appease a certain class of people at the EXPENSE of another class.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:23 AM

911 posts, read 590,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Yes I did but Tulemutt only did that because he knows that he can't morally, spiritually, or logically counter the point I made without looking like a Bolshevik. Voting to redistribute OTHER people's money is theft. You can't justify it unless you admit that it's simply redistribution of wealth through the force of the state's gun to appease a certain class of people at the EXPENSE of another class.
And KazChasey overlooks that StanleysOwl just did "morally, spiritually, and logically counter the point CR made without looking like a Bolshevik". Bolshevik has zip to do with the logic just presented. The "taxpayers," being a minority, cannot account for / equal the productivity and consumption of the masses. Therefore the taxpayer class relies on the low-to-no-tax-payers for their well being. As such, cutting the majority of productive consumers out of the process is grossly inequitable and unwise ... completely from a capitalist position of growth consumerism.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Thank you.
Oh for heavens sake: when the right women runs for president she will have every opportunity to be elected and probably will be, but so far we haven't seen her. and it bothers me when I think someone would even consider voting for a person based on their gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:34 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
In business and society, everybody have to play their part.
Yet about half the adult population pays no federal income tax -- they're benefitting from society but they are not paying their share.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California