Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 11:19 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,984,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Whoa, whoa! You don't know what I think; don't put words in my mouth. All I was doing is pointing out that your statement that the poor don't pay taxes was inaccurate. That's all. All you have to do is amend your statement for accuracy, and you're free to continue with your diatribe. Or "theory". Or proposal. Whatever you call it. Carry on.
Whoa, whoa! You clearly are making stuff up again and taking something I said out of context.

The ACTUAL POINT I was making was that certain people are not NET contributors to the tax system, which is true, I never said they don't pay zero taxes in all aspects of their life. But you can't call someone a "tax payer" if their net contribution is negative. That's ridiculous. It's like, are you really paying for dinner if you pay the bill for $50, then run back to mommy and ask her to give you $50 since you're broke now? That's what you're claiming is a 'tax payer', and it's a shoddy definition at best.

Learn to read next time before you comment on something you know little about. Or stick to watching YouTube videos about California and then trying to sound like an expert based off of that video you watched. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 11:27 AM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
Whoa, whoa! You clearly are making stuff up again and taking something I said out of context.

The ACTUAL POINT I was making was that certain people are not NET contributors to the tax system, which is true, I never said they don't pay zero taxes in all aspects of their life. But you can't call someone a "tax payer" if their net contribution is negative. That's ridiculous. It's like, are you really paying for dinner if you pay the bill for $50, then run back to mommy and ask her to give you $50 since you're broke now? That's what you're claiming is a 'tax payer', and it's a shoddy definition at best.

Learn to read next time before you comment on something you know little about. Or stick to watching YouTube videos about California and then trying to sound like an expert based off of that video you watched. Carry on.
You said "tax payers" initially, not "net contributors". Like I said, all you have to do is amend your statements. Learn to express yourself accurately; I can read just fine.
I'm glad we straightened that out. So, for further clarification, are you saying that the ill and disabled should have their franchise taken away? How do you figure?

BTW, if you like oligarchies, there's this cool country east of Ukraine and west of Japan that's really into that.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
You said "tax payers" initially, not "net contributors". Like I said, all you have to do is amend your statements. Learn to express yourself accurately; I can read just fine.
I'm glad we straightened that out. So, for further clarification, are you saying that the ill and disabled should have their franchise taken away? How do you figure?

BTW, if you like oligarchies, there's this cool country east of Ukraine and west of Japan that's really into that.
You don't seem to grasp basic math and think someone who pays $2 in taxes, and takes $5 in benefits is a "tax payer". My definition is correct, yours is some made up leftist/democrat fantasy. Sorry you are not a tax payer if you are a negative contributor (emphasized since you seem to be missing the point over and over again).

As for the ill and disabled, how much do they take from the system compared to the non-working able bodied welfare recipients? Can you quantify that for me? Please do some actual research this time. I'll await your well thought out and fact based reasoning that shows me how much each categories takes.

It's funny that you bring up Russia, they are a country that prefers strong state control over all resources, exactly the system you're arguing for. It's like you couldn't help yourself.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:46 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
A year ago you sure whined about it
Nope, I have always been able to afford it and still am.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:48 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh for heavens sake: when the right women runs for president she will have every opportunity to be elected and probably will be, but so far we haven't seen her. and it bothers me when I think someone would even consider voting for a person based on their gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Unfortunately such are used for and against and usually to avoid discussing actual issues.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:53 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
A Decent woman.
Not to mention a woman who is not the most corrupt politician in the past century. And a woman with a personality not reminiscent of cold dead fish at a fishmarket.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:57 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,858,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
it bothers me when I think someone would even consider voting for a person based on their gender, race, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.

Then, there's Chris Rock's comment:
"I did NOT vote for Obama because HE IS Black. I Voted for Obama because I AM Black."

There's a woman in an office with a poster that says "I have a uterus and I vote." Her view was much the same as Chris Rock's.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:49 PM

Quote:
You don't seem to grasp basic math and think someone who pays $2 in taxes, and takes $5 in benefits is a "tax payer". My definition is correct, yours is some made up leftist/democrat fantasy. Sorry you are not a tax payer if you are a negative contributor (emphasized since you seem to be missing the point over and over again).

As for the ill and disabled, how much do they take from the system compared to the non-working able bodied welfare recipients? Can you quantify that for me? Please do some actual research this time. I'll await your well thought out and fact based reasoning that shows me how much each categories takes.

It's funny that you bring up Russia, they are a country that prefers strong state control over all resources, exactly the system you're arguing for. It's like you couldn't help yourself.
News flash: anyone who pays taxes is a tax payer. We're all tax payers, and one way or another, we're all tax benefit consumers, too.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
News flash: anyone who pays taxes is a tax payer.
No you're not. If you take more than you put back in, you're a taker not a payer. This is literally 1st grade arithmetic.

You can tell yourself that you "pay" all day long, but when that negative numbers shows up to your name in some database, the truth is you aren't paying anything at all.

According to your definition, some illegal alien can buy a pack of gum, all of a sudden they are a "tax payer" even if they received $20,000 in medical benefits and education. That's what you're calling a "payer".

Old 06-07-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
No you're not. If you take more than you put back in, you're a taker not a payer. This is literally 1st grade arithmetic.

You can tell yourself that you "pay" all day long, but when that negative numbers shows up to your name in some database, the truth is you aren't paying anything at all.

According to your definition, some illegal alien can buy a pack of gum, all of a sudden they are a "tax payer" even if they received $20,000 in medical benefits and education. That's what you're calling a "payer".
Sure you do; you pay every time you're at the cash register. If you weren't a tax payer, paying into the system, you wouldn't be charged tax with your purchases. It has nothing to do with whether you consume more benefits than the money you contribute. You're still paying a tax.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California