Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2017, 05:55 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Any long time California residents here remember how great California used to be when it was a red state? And how it used to be #1 in everything? Now it's been going down the toilet for a long time (You can thank Gray Davis for starting the decline). I'm going to be the Donald Trump of California. Make California Great Again.

Is there a mythical red state that is running things close to perfect, that we don't know about?

If you think CA is bad, what's happening over in Middle America, South, and Midwest will absolutely shock you. And all across this nation, you'll notice many deep red states are anchored by a blue urban city (Nashville, New Orleans, etc).

It has always been the Democrats who know how to run things. Just look at how terrible things got when CA elected Arrrnold and MA elected Romney. No thank you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2017, 07:02 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,398,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Is there a mythical red state that is running things close to perfect, that we don't know about?

If you think CA is bad, what's happening over in Middle America, South, and Midwest will absolutely shock you. And all across this nation, you'll notice many deep red states are anchored by a blue urban city (Nashville, New Orleans, etc).

It has always been the Democrats who know how to run things. Just look at how terrible things got when CA elected Arrrnold and MA elected Romney. No thank you.

And you think CA is better now?

You must love ever rising taxes and fees and nothing they are for ever done.

Just looking back to Arnold is meaningless as the option was even worse. He would not have been elected if it weren't for Davis. Look back further when CA was not what it is now, and I am not talking about weather or beauty. Poverty, Middle Class struggles, U6, and much more.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:04 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:

Thanks for the laugh! As a retired political analyst, I do so enjoy the antics of low-information voters.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:33 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:

Yes, of course. Just look at Chicago and Detroit as good examples of what a large city looks like that's been run by Democrats for decades.

Old 05-06-2017, 07:34 PM

919 posts, read 789,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
As a retired political analyst
Thank you for the laugh

Old 05-06-2017, 08:08 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
If southern california would get with the program and finally fall off into the ocean as we were promised 40 years ago, I just might move back.
Actually, I'm waiting for the bay area and Los Angeles to fall into the ocean, Cali would be better off. Those places are a breeding ground for liberalism, which is a mental disorder. Most of those voters puts hacks like Jerry Brown, Nancy Pelosi and other libs in the state legislature.

Old 05-06-2017, 09:18 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
And you think CA is better now?

You must love ever rising taxes and fees and nothing they are for ever done.

Just looking back to Arnold is meaningless as the option was even worse. He would not have been elected if it weren't for Davis. Look back further when CA was not what it is now, and I am not talking about weather or beauty. Poverty, Middle Class struggles, U6, and much more.
Arnold got elected because Davis raised the car tax, I sure hope the voters throw some of these bastards out now.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:09 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Yes, of course. Just look at Chicago and Detroit as good examples of what a large city looks like that's been run by Democrats for decades.
As have San Francisco, Seattle, Portland, Boston, NYC ... and basically every prosperous US large city.

Here is a challenge to you: Name me one large and successful US city that's been run by Republicans for decades.

Last edited by James Bond 007; 05-06-2017 at 11:30 PM..

Old 05-06-2017, 11:27 PM

And BTW:

1) Detroit is starting to make a real, genuine comeback, and
2) I don't know why anyone says Chicago is an example of failure. Sure, it has rough areas, but huge swaths of it are filled with mile after mile of fancy, expensive townhouses that look like this and this and this. Not to mention one of the world's most expensive retail streets and otherwise a thriving business district with oodles of swanky highrise apartments. If this is a failure I'd love to see what a success is.

Old 05-06-2017, 11:42 PM

Some more examples of miserable Chicago failure. Yup, the whole city is a disastrous hellhole, completely unlivable and utterly ruined by the liberals!

Civilization at its worst
This looks EXACTLY like Mogadishu
How can anyone live here?
I guess liberals don't know how to build a city
These are the worst slums I've ever seen
Haiti? Or Chicago? Can't tell the difference

And so on and so forth. Anybody calling Chicago a failure, doesn't know what failure is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California