U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2017, 10:03 PM

7,287 posts, read 4,380,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flovis View Post
Thank you for the detective work, Rosie. I wish I could rep you

Well, it looks like 2016 was the year sac real estate went crazy. Next few years are going to be fun to watch.
Yep, sure looks that way when you look at the Trulia graphs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2017, 12:25 PM

231 posts, read 201,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flovis View Post
Rents in Sacramento are skyrocketing | The Sacramento Bee

Sactoe has caught up to the inland empire in rent prices. Could the central coast be the next area it catches?

Sj valley is still very affordable, but for how much longer?
high speed rail, bitwise, the recent upswing in distribution warehouses from big companies like ulta and amazon, downtown revitalization is what to watch in SJ (san joaquin valley), well really only fresno/clovis. These things will play a big role in rent/housing. With sac area rent and housing prices as mentioned in posts above are already relatively high in comparison, south bay/san jose folks may want to start thinking going 2 hours south instead of the usual 2 hours north to sac. SF bay area is still a good 3 hours away so the SJ valley wont see much from there, but a good chunk of the south bay especially san jose may see it as another affordable alternative. Especially if the high speed rail having its first operational line from San Jose to fresno in 2025. Sac has gotten a huge boost thanks to bay area transplants. Im curious to see how high it will go. I feel at the moment its as good as it gets until the HSR line connects it to SF/SJ for ultra quick commute and/or bigger tech sector all of a sudden happens. How sac area is right now is the highest I believe SJ valley/fresno-clovis can ever get. With my same sentiments that only bringing in more high paying tech sector jobs the only xfactor to ever make it even higher. But that can be the case with any city. Just have to wait and see.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:15 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,662,966 times
In 2010, my rent was almost the same price as my estimated mortgage (minus the property tax and homeowner's insurance)....I figured why rent when I can own? No regrets.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:39 PM

4,806 posts, read 4,953,369 times
Such fascination and interest in Sacramento's Real Estate. Property owners must be quite happy.

Old 07-29-2017, 05:24 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,837,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This is what I got:

So it's apartment rental? How big is a unit? How many rooms? What does $1,364 get me in Sacramento?
50+ unit properteries?

From my experience you are talking two bed one bath and about 900 sq. feet on average.

Old 07-30-2017, 06:50 PM

1,069 posts, read 727,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
Such fascination and interest in Sacramento's Real Estate. Property owners must be quite happy.
I'm sure they're proud economic traitors
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or