U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 01:30 PM

600 posts, read 355,352 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
If ins is making a profit on Obamacare why are they pulling out of it and running for the hills. My friend is CEO for a major ins company. They pulled out 2 years ago... Ins coverage for preexisting conditions is what's killing them.
Bluecross which profited BILLIONS are still in the program. The crappy companies your friend worked for couldn't compete with the Top Insurance Companies like Bluecross, BlueShield, UnitedHealth, etc etc.

What Insurance company did this CEO work for? I bet you won't name it because it doesn't exist.

Funny how Republicans make up stories to make it fit their agenda. 100% of the time offering no source to backup their ludicrous claims.

Name the thousands of Insurance companies that are pulling out. You keeping bringing it up but you fail to name them.

The majors companies are still in it. The Top 3 I listed is an example.

----------

And once Single Payer Plans rolls out in CA, I hope all Insurance Companies go bankrupt.

Pay the doctors directly! No need to put money in the pocket of Greedy Insurance Companies.

How the CEO of Bluecross makes billions of dollars on Tax Payers back is disgusting. Especially after crying about how they're "losing money". hahaha

The uneducated clowns that believe that need to get a realty check.

Last edited by taimaishu; 08-02-2017 at 01:41 PM..

Old 08-02-2017, 02:16 PM

2,906 posts, read 1,578,064 times
[quote=taimaishu;49052991]Bluecross which profited BILLIONS are still in the program. The crappy companies your friend worked for couldn't compete with the Top Insurance Companies like Bluecross, BlueShield, UnitedHealth, etc etc.

What Insurance company did this CEO work for? I bet you won't name it because it doesn't exist.

Funny how Republicans make up stories to make it fit their agenda. 100% of the time offering no source to backup their ludicrous claims.

Name the thousands of Insurance companies that are pulling out. You keeping bringing it up but you fail to name them.

----------

And once Single Payer Plans rolls out in CA, I hope all Insurance Companies go bankrupt.

Pay the doctors directly! No need to put money in the pocket of Greedy Insurance Companies.

How the CEO of Bluecross makes billions of dollars on Tax Payers back is disgusting. Especially after crying about how they're "losing money". hahaha

The uneducated clowns that believe that need to get a realty check.[/quote

United Healthcare is his employer...perhaps you've heard of them? you lost that bet... You are really losing it. I'm not a republican, this is my first post on here and your the ludicrous one living in la la land. Nothing you hope for will happen. We won't secede, we won't start paying Drs directly, we won't stop helping other states out. Give it up it'll be better for your blood pressure so you won't be one of those pre existing illness people. But I doubt your even insured.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:30 PM

4,900 posts, read 6,297,463 times
Quote:
If ins is making a profit on Obamacare why are they pulling out of it and running for the hills. My friend is CEO for a major ins company. They pulled out 2 years ago... Ins coverage for preexisting conditions is what's killing them.
Quote:
United Healthcare is his employer...perhaps you've heard of them? you lost that bet... You are really losing it. I'm not a republican, this is my first post on here and your the ludicrous one living in la la land. Nothing you hope for will happen. We won't secede, we won't start paying Drs directly, we won't stop helping other states out. Give it up it'll be better for your blood pressure so you won't be one of those pre existing illness people. But I doubt your even insured.
United Health Care is performing very well. It's #6 on the Fortune 500, and the stock is up 20.59% this year.
UNH - UnitedHealth Stock quote - CNNMoney.com

Old 08-02-2017, 02:33 PM

600 posts, read 355,352 times
[quote=Finper;49053691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
Bluecross which profited BILLIONS are still in the program. The crappy companies your friend worked for couldn't compete with the Top Insurance Companies like Bluecross, BlueShield, UnitedHealth, etc etc.

----------

The uneducated clowns that believe that need to get a realty check.[/quote

LOL, I'm not even sweating it.

United Healthcare is still offering Obamcare in select state.

But I agree, Insurance Companies should leave ObamaCare. Our Taxes shouldn't put money into these greedy middlemen.

ObamaCare should stop paying Insurance Companies. I agree with that.

Instead, Medicaid should just take over and cover everyone. Pay the doctors directly!

Bluecross, Blueshield should all go bankrupt. We don't need them.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:35 PM

2,906 posts, read 1,578,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacific2 View Post
United Health Care is performing very well. It's #6 on the Fortune 500, and the stock is up 20.59% this year.
UNH - UnitedHealth Stock quote - CNNMoney.com

exactly... that's because they pulled out of Obamacare

Old 08-02-2017, 02:41 PM

12,789 posts, read 6,102,309 times
From what I've read, the insurance rate is artificially hold down for 2015 and 2016. I know the reason why, but apparently even that didn't work, Trump was elected.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
I don't follow. Look at this 5 year chart going back to 2012. When did UNH not perform well?
https://www.thestreet.com/quote/UNH.html

Old 08-02-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Here's something else to consider:
Health Insurance Stock Outlook - Feb. 2016 - Nasdaq.com

"Performance has been positive in terms of revenue and membership growth as well.

Total revenues of the top eight players -- six of them mentioned above, plus Anthem, Inc. ( ANT ) and Humana Inc. ( HUM ) -- increased to $437 billion in 2015 from $383 billion in 2014 and medical enrollment grew to 150 million members from 145 million in 2014. These statistics bring home the fact that industry players exited 2015 in a strong fashion, which was the second year of full implementation of most of the major provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Along with strong operating numbers, most of the players guided towards strong earnings for 2016, which pointed towards opportunities in the industry despite many hurdles in its growth path.

In 2015, the group thrived on favorable trends in the Government business which includes Medicare and Medicaid. Moreover, stable cost trends and 'not so high' medical utilization also boosted the bottom lines."

Old 08-02-2017, 03:58 PM

Overall, insurance companies are doing extremely well. However, according to this PBS article, they are losing money in the exchanges. The federal government gives them money for the reduced rates they offer to low income individuals in these exchanges. If the government suddenly stops these payments, insurance companies will suffer even more because they are still committed to providing care to these people until 2018. So, insurance companies will raise rates to offset these loses.

How cutting off subsidy payments to insurance companies would affect Obamacare | PBS NewsHour

"ROBERT LASZEWSKI, President, Health Care Policy and Marketplace Review.....

ROBERT LASZEWSKI: Well, first of all, there are 20 million people in the individual health insurance market, so it does affect 20 million people.

And the subsidies, the Trump administration can cut them off tomorrow morning. To the typical insurance company, that could be worth about $8 million a month they’d lose, because they still have to provide the benefits.

So what the insurance company does, if this gets cut off overnight, is that they will have to increase the rates not just for the seven million in the exchange, but the 20 million in the individual health insurance market. And that could easily lead to 15 percent rate increases on top of significant rate increases that are likely to come in 2018 for Obamacare.

JUDY WOODRUFF: Let’s try to humanize this. Who exactly are the people who benefit from this?

ROBERT LASZEWSKI: The poorest people who get health insurance through the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare’s insurance exchanges, these are people that as an individual can make $12,000 a year to $24,000 a year.

They are people who are such low-income that they need help with the deductibles and the co-pays."

Old 08-02-2017, 04:27 PM

BTW, for anyone who is worried about insurance company profits, it's always possible to do your part in helping their cause by shopping for the highest rates with the fewest benefits.

What's more, you can have your say by writing to your congressional representative and pleading that insurance companies not be mandated to cover preexisting conditions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or