Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2018, 09:53 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Once again, same old discussion. Scroll back.

Health care is not a market. It lacks any of the vital features of a market. Treating health care like a market means living and dying without modern medicine.
That point makes no sense though.

"Food" is a market, and it also means "living and dying" without food.

Does that mean I can just walk into a restaurant and eat for free because I have a "right" to food?

Healthcare is a service and a market because you can't force people to perform labor for you. This is the simple concept you're missing in your argument. Seriously I'm trying to help you understand how an economy works. How can I help you understand?

Here, let's try this.

Who performs the service of healthcare? Who creates the medicines? Why are they selling medicine? Why are these people spending $200,000 in medical school to become doctors?

Can you at least answer those questions?

Old 01-30-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
We're all "random" people posting here. The difference is that we don't brag about how much money we make.
If you're implying that I'm bragging, then... you're only partially right.

I am proud of what I've accomplished but the larger story is that I'm trying to explain how a real economy works, and by showing you my immense wealth which I gained by understanding how an economy works, I'm trying to establish my credentials to have that discussion.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:58 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
It's almost as believable as a random guy who claims to hang out in the middle of the Pacific all day, staring at plastic islands, posting on City-Data about California whenever they have a chance. Lots of interesting people around the world for sure.

But LUCKILY, at least one of us is able to actually substantiate what we're saying.

p.s - I never said I made millions being an editor!
how does what you just posted substantiate that you are a multi-millionaire who got rich following “principals” (sic) you now espouse as a community service to anonymous forum posters ... while so graciously contributing unpaid hours and hours to posting about California everyday, taking time away from managing your 70-something highly paid tech employees as you and your “company” operate and live in another (more sensible!) state?

... and why would it seem unlikely for a retired military / retired blue-collar high school drop out to go camping at military recreational facilities in Hawaii in the middle of winter ... posting for entertainment with nothing but free time to kill?

Old 01-30-2018, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
how does what you just posted substantiate that you are a multi-millionaire who got rich following “principals” (sic) you now espouse as a community service to anonymous forum posters ... while so graciously contributing unpaid hours and hours to posting about California everyday, taking time away from managing your 70-something highly paid tech employees as you and your “company” operate and live in another (more sensible!) state?

... and why would it seem unlikely for a retired military / retired blue-collar high school drop out to go camping at military recreational facilities in Hawaii in the middle of winter ... posting for entertainment with nothing but free time to kill?
Easy. I'm unemployed now, I've talked about this before. I have lots of free time.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Easy. I'm unemployed now, I've talked about this before. I have lots of free time.
Umm, no. Less than a couple years ago you posted anecdotes about how you currently were running your own bustling entrepreneurial tech company with 70-something employees turning something like over $10,000,000 in annual revenues .... and you were posting then at roughly the same rate of “contribution” to the forum as now.

Anyway, “Type-A” entrepreneurial movers and shakers don't sell out and kick back ... they re-invest and take on new ventures ... usually without even an extra breath in between.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Umm, no. Less than a couple years ago you posted anecdotes about how you currently were running your own bustling entrepreneurial tech company with 70-something employees turning something like over $10,000,000 in annual revenues .... and you were posting then at roughly the same rate of “contribution” to the forum as now.

Anyway, “Type-A” entrepreneurial movers and shakers don't sell out and kick back ... they re-invest and take on new ventures ... usually without even an extra breath in between.
Since you're an expert on Type-A entrepreneurial movers and shakers, I guess you must be right!

But let's get back on topic, this is a thread about healthcare, not "I love CaliRestoration, let's discuss his business career". You're welcome to start that thread though and I'll be glad to contribute.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:43 AM

Quote:
... by showing you my immense wealth which I gained by understanding how an economy works, I'm trying to establish my credentials to have that discussion.
Quote:
Since you're an expert on Type-A entrepreneurial movers and shakers, I guess you must be right!
Boasting unverifiable claims is anyone's perogative in a venue such as this. It's at least entertaining. But it sure doesn't serve to “establish credentials”. The validation of ideas ultimately comes from the facts and stats, science and logic, and historical perspectives contributed.

I've met a share of successful people. For the most part it hasn't been my expeience that they brag all day about how successful they are to a bunch of anonymous worker bees. Of course my observation there is anecdotal. So readers will just have to judge whether what I say makes sense. And then apply their feelings to your credibilities in this discussion.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:46 AM

Quote:
The validation of ideas ultimately comes from the facts
Fact: Healthcare is a service provided by people who get compensated for their work.
False: Healthcare is a right.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:52 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
But LUCKILY, at least one of us is able to actually substantiate what we're saying. p.s - I never said I made millions being an editor!
You call that "substantiation"?

Old 01-30-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You call that "substantiation"?
I have to ask people who want to personally chat with me, or post fan mail, to take it to PM. I have way too many fans on here to conduct personal conversations within a thread meant to discuss Covered California.

I honestly appreciate the adoration, and attention, but we have to also consider rules of the forum and maintain decorum.

Thanks!

Warmly,

CaliRestoration
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California