Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 02:07 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,510,983 times

Advertisements

Covered California 2018 average rate increase: 12.5 percent

Be careful what you wish for I guess (and I was one of those wishing in 2009). This is on top of 13% for 2017. Only a mere eight times the rate of inflation. Patient protection is one thing (eliminating pre-existing conditions clauses and benefit caps ), but this is quite another.

Old 08-01-2017, 02:51 PM

600 posts, read 566,581 times
Thanks Trump! Way to stick it to your voters.

What's the reason for the increase? Cost increase for healthcare or more money to the Insurance Lobbyist that donated to the Trump admin?

More reason to modify ObamaCare to pay doctors directly instead of going through a Greedy Middlemen like these Insurance companies.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:35 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,929 times
California is already house poor and they want to keep nickel and diming the middle class. This is what happens when you vote (D) because they promised you hand outs.

Old 08-01-2017, 03:50 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,286,188 times
really? I didn't know that. I was asking my employer to just give me in cash what they are paying for my insurance premium but they said its not possible coz im part of the pool.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:03 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taimaishu View Post
Thanks Trump! Way to stick it to your voters.

What's the reason for the increase? Cost increase for healthcare or more money to the Insurance Lobbyist that donated to the Trump admin?

More reason to modify ObamaCare to pay doctors directly instead of going through a Greedy Middlemen like these Insurance companies.
Uh Trump has nothing to do with the increases. Gotta learn before you post something that is .... well wrong.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:06 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
really? I didn't know that. I was asking my employer to just give me in cash what they are paying for my insurance premium but they said its not possible coz im part of the pool.
I asked my employees in the states I have offices in to see if they wanted a State policy or what we pay for and we pay 100% We would give them what we pay as a raise. None of them wanted ACA coverage from their State and CA is one of those States. .

Old 08-01-2017, 05:24 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,165,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Uh Trump has nothing to do with the increases. Gotta learn before you post something that is .... well wrong.
The increase is due to the Republican party as a whole. Ever since Obamacare became law all of the red state governors and Republicans in Congress have obstructed, voted against, and undermined the ACA every chance they could. They sabotaged Obamacare when Congress wouldn't fund the risk corridors (thanks Rubio).

That's been the Repub plan all along: create so much uncertainty and doubt in the marketplace that insurers would either leave or raise rates. It worked.

If the Repubs had cooperated, with exchanges in every state, every state accepting the Medicaid expansion, ACA premiums would be a lot lower.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I asked my employees in the states I have offices in to see if they wanted a State policy or what we pay for and we pay 100% We would give them what we pay as a raise. None of them wanted ACA coverage from their State and CA is one of those States. .
isn't Obamacare (the exchange) only for those businesses employing less than 50? or self-employed? with pre existing condition?

Old 08-01-2017, 05:37 PM

26,726 posts, read 26,806,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
isn't Obamacare (the exchange) only for those businesses employing less than 50? or self-employed? with pre existing condition?
No.

"Obamacare" is the ACA. It's a statute which guarantees that people may receive health insurance despite any preexisting conditions.

CoveredCalifornia is not the only place that increased insurance rates will be felt, and yes, it is due what has been happening in the federal government in regard to attempts to overturn the ACA. The health insurance industry is very unstable right now as a result.

Those who carry an individual health insurance policy without any subsidies will also be affected. Anyone who has an individual policy that they buy through a broker (e.g. the self employed, consultants, realtors, people who work fewer than 30 hours per week, etc, etc) will see their insurance premiums rise substantially, or their policies discontinued.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No.

"Obamacare" is the ACA. It's a statute which guarantees that people may receive health insurance despite any preexisting conditions.

CoveredCalifornia is not the only place that increased insurance rates will be felt, and yes, it is due what has been happening in the federal government in regard to attempts to overturn the ACA. The health insurance industry is very unstable right now as a result.

Those who carry an individual health insurance policy without any subsidies will also be affected. Anyone who has an individual policy that they buy through a broker (e.g. the self employed, consultants, realtors, people who work fewer than 30 hours per week, etc, etc) will see their insurance premiums rise substantially, or their policies discontinued.
im referring only to the exchange. for those employed, there is no problem as was before obamacare
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California