U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 02:54 PM

65 posts, read 48,498 times

Advertisements

Lmao these kids wish they lived by the beach. Their style of clothing and "vibes" they're trying to portray is so stolen from West Coast culture. Please watch the video, i'm guerenteed you'll laugh, it's like they think they're driving/cruising next to the coast and how mountains are an Arizona only uniqueness feature.

https://youtu.be/5iH2qm8BHvE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2017, 03:33 PM

1,069 posts, read 726,888 times
Arizona is a good 10-15 years behind CA culturally, and they have a rather naive perception of CA-style progressivism. On the AZ boards here at C-D, you'll see people clamor for AZ to be more diverse, liberal, progressive and to have more tech companies, without realizing the deleterious ramifications of these things.

And from the video, while it's 3 years old, you get the impression they haven't received word about the Millennial generation yet. At this stage in American history, it's actually a *good* thing to be stuck in the past. Unfortunately, it may take California imploding before they get the idea.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:37 PM

65 posts, read 48,498 times
^ i completely agree with you. Those who glamorize Arizona are native born and raised Zonies whom never traveled outside their state before and that Phoenix is some big scary bustling metropolis. These people have a small world view but little do they know that their sprawl is no different than the sprawl in Houston or Las Vegas.

These Zonies need to know their place in this world as cultureless desert rats who never seen the ocean in their lifes.

Last edited by LuvHighDesert; 08-09-2017 at 05:01 PM..

Old 08-09-2017, 03:46 PM

4,314 posts, read 2,667,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvHighDesert View Post
^ i completely agree with you. Those who glamorize Arizona are native born and raised Zonies whom never traveled outside their state before and that Phoenix is some big scary bustling metropolis. These people have a world view and litle do they know that their sprawl is no different than the sprawl in Houston or Las Vegas.

These Zonies need to know their place in this world as cultureless desert rats who never seen the ocean in their lifes.
At least it's affordable.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:46 PM

1,353 posts, read 1,264,111 times
Quote:
Lmao these kids wish they lived by the beach. Their style of clothing and "vibes" they're trying to portray is so stolen from West Coast culture. Please watch the video, i'm guerenteed you'll laugh, it's like they think they're driving/cruising next to the coast and how mountains are an Arizona only uniqueness feature.

https://youtu.be/5iH2qm8BHvE
Did we watch the same video? I didn't realize California had their own style of clothing, their style seems to be what anyone in that age range would be wearing anywhere in the USA.

You seem extremely bitter, did AZ's existance hurt you in some way? Is this because the Dodgers lost last night?

Old 08-09-2017, 06:29 PM

2,813 posts, read 2,493,371 times
Quote:
^ i completely agree with you. Those who glamorize Arizona are native born and raised Zonies whom never traveled outside their state before and that Phoenix is some big scary bustling metropolis. These people have a small world view but little do they know that their sprawl is no different than the sprawl in Houston or Las Vegas.

You are absolutely correct. AZ is a complete desert wasteland and we don't want you here. We never travel, we sit in our trailers and swat scorpions and shoot rattlesnakes.

At least we know the plural of "life" is "lives"....

Old 08-10-2017, 02:28 AM

30,509 posts, read 33,322,731 times
I don't know, I've seen some incredibly cringy stuff touting "the young California lifestyle" that left me wondering if I was being punked, showing every awful stereotype jammed together with a side of Kardashian.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:40 AM

13,983 posts, read 15,986,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajonesaz View Post
Did we watch the same video? I didn't realize California had their own style of clothing, their style seems to be what anyone in that age range would be wearing anywhere in the USA.

You seem extremely bitter, did AZ's existance hurt you in some way? Is this because the Dodgers lost last night?
Yeah, none of that seemed to having anything to do with California. There was a distinct lack of fake blondes, no beaches, ratty old car instead of a BMW, not a single dog in a purse. Plus there were old people. I didn't think the video was that great but it really didn't have anything to do with California.

Old 08-10-2017, 10:58 AM

69 posts, read 92,747 times
This seems to be catering more towards yuppies if anything. Millennials who work downtown but go on weekend getaways while eating at hip restaurants and going to farmer markets.

Nothing "Californian" about it and the same video could of been shot any where in the United States and the message of the video would of went unchanged.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:26 AM

1,334 posts, read 618,416 times
I can see why there are so many Arizona Plates in SoCal doing the summer. Millennials escaping the Arizona boring summers to enjoy the california lifestyle including surfing. Or it may be simply too hot in southern Arizona during the summer to do what they are doing in the video without suffering sunburn or heat related illness.

Though I still remember back when Abercrombie and Fitch and its spin off Hollister all based in Ohio tried to imitate the California lifestyle and make it look glamourous. Of course it's more fantasy than reality. And it appears recently they leveled off on it after
The CEO changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or