Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Graves View Post
*sigh* Yet... Another question from me...

In your opinion(s), what are your favorite/least favorite counties in California?

Allow me to start with my own (from most favorite to least favorite):

1. Riverside County
2. San Diego County
3. San Bernardino County
4. Orange County
5. Los Angeles County

Any answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
oh, I thought you said countries, as every region of Ca seems to be a different country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 11:34 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR13 View Post
Because they're away from the coast, and it's not "keeping up with the jonses" if you live in an "undesirable" area.
Uh they're also hot, full of pollution, crime, and latino gangs. Not exactly a formula for wide spread desirability.

Old 08-22-2017, 11:38 AM

1,069 posts, read 1,261,535 times
Favorites, in no particular odor:

Santa Barbara
Ventura
Imperial
Riverside
San Diego (rural)

Least Favorites:

Los Angeles
San Francisco
Santa Clara
Alameda
Orange

Old 08-22-2017, 11:49 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's pretty much it. That, and if you're using to live by/near the coast, you can't handle the heat that slams the inland areas.
That is part of it, but even LA County shows up below Riverside in many ways and it has the ocean close. A lot of it is also the problems that an area has. The more people the more congestion and crime. Now for other things night life oriented, then LA (in SoCal) would be best. The question was quite broad, so in considering everything, each makes a different choice.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:09 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Lived in lots of counties in Ca and some, didn't live in but have or had family that did. If I could choose and was moving back, probably Butt county would be at the top of my list, followed by Sacramento. We loved Marin Co cause of it being a special part of our lives as we matured, but depending on your overall views it isn't for everyone.. We would never move back there now. Of course I was born and raised in L.A. county so it holds a special place in my heart but would not be my favorite. I don't know if I could name a worst, maybe San Bernardino or anywhere in the middle part of the state.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:12 PM

50 posts, read 63,286 times
OC easily.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:37 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,746,610 times
Favorite:
Orange
San Diego
San Mateo (preferably on the coast)

Mix-up:
Kern, Stanislaus, Merced, Fresno, Kings, San Joaquin, Sacramento, Riverside, San Bernardino (Pretty much the central valley and the high desert)

Least favorite:
Los Angeles (few areas are nice but most of it's a dump)
All bay area counties (the bay area is nice but it's a leftist controlled bastion).

Old 08-24-2017, 07:55 AM

65 posts, read 92,046 times
I don't get what all the hate on San Bernardino County is about. I can understand the city itself but to just generalize the entire county is foolish. On the western county it's medditerian climate with only an hour drives away from the ocean whenever one pleases to go for a dip on the beach. Suburbs like Rancho Cucamonga and Chino Hills have homes more expensive than alot of OC/SD/LA. The west side gets lush green all over the hills and foothills in the spring after alot of rain, it's truly magical (wish i could post pictures).

Up north you got high deserts and east you got low deserts. San Bernardino is one of the most mountainous terrians in the country, even tall for California standards consisting of 3 10,000+ ft tall mountain peaks (taller than anything in LA/OC). You could see the pacific ocean on a clear day 50 miles away believe it or not from anything higher than 8,000 ft in San Bernardino County. Mornings like today we get the nice marine layer that Arizona doesn't receive.

Coastal residents love to bash the IE until they visit Big Bear in the Winter and it completely changes their view lol. Oh well i noticed it's mainly the transplants who "must" live close to the beach and don't care for the rest of the state. Just like the HGTV shows for the clients bitcchh and moan if they don't have an ocean view + walking distance + in their budget.

I'm abit of a hypocrite because i'm the same with New York City, i could care less about anything outside Manhattan, and gentrified Brooklyn. In my eyes only Manhhatan is the real NYC.

Last edited by LuvHighDesert; 08-24-2017 at 08:29 AM..

Old 08-24-2017, 10:08 AM

1,377 posts, read 2,131,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvHighDesert View Post
I don't get what all the hate on San Bernardino County is about. I can understand the city itself but to just generalize the entire county is foolish. On the western county it's medditerian climate with only an hour drives away from the ocean whenever one pleases to go for a dip on the beach. Suburbs like Rancho Cucamonga and Chino Hills have homes more expensive than alot of OC/SD/LA. The west side gets lush green all over the hills and foothills in the spring after alot of rain, it's truly magical (wish i could post pictures).

Up north you got high deserts and east you got low deserts. San Bernardino is one of the most mountainous terrians in the country, even tall for California standards consisting of 3 10,000+ ft tall mountain peaks (taller than anything in LA/OC). You could see the pacific ocean on a clear day 50 miles away believe it or not from anything higher than 8,000 ft in San Bernardino County. Mornings like today we get the nice marine layer that Arizona doesn't receive.

Coastal residents love to bash the IE until they visit Big Bear in the Winter and it completely changes their view lol. Oh well i noticed it's mainly the transplants who "must" live close to the beach and don't care for the rest of the state. Just like the HGTV shows for the clients bitcchh and moan if they don't have an ocean view + walking distance + in their budget.

I'm abit of a hypocrite because i'm the same with New York City, i could care less about anything outside Manhattan, and gentrified Brooklyn. In my eyes only Manhhatan is the real NYC.
See? There you go!

Coastal residents love to bash on the High/Low Desert regions as well. Like, really?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:32 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvHighDesert View Post

I like San Bernardino county, it is just my least favorite of the 5 Brandon listed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California