U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 11:40 AM

4,585 posts, read 4,408,288 times

Advertisements

I was married to a latina for eleven years. She was born and raised in Uruguay and immigrated with her family to SoCal about twenty years ago. Even though her heritage is Polish and Swiss, she is still a latina. Best part about the relationship . . . my Castellano became a whole lot better, (as did her English).

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2017, 10:23 PM

17,447 posts, read 23,872,739 times
The places where intermarriage is rare are the places where the white population consists of transplants from the northeast who have values that are not only hostile to the general values of the western US but which are hostile to American values in general. It is interesting that the more super-PC and super-left wing the neighborhood the less the intermarriage is. This is all the more interesting because it shows that the far left are in practice more like the alt-right who they claim to despise than they are like moderate liberals or moderate conservatives.

Other than those places it is very common

Old 09-12-2017, 05:06 AM

2,522 posts, read 983,631 times
Actually the influx of whites into California are mostly from the center of the country. Many of their ancestors arrived during the dust bowl years via Route 66. The family tree does not fork for many.

Old 09-12-2017, 08:59 AM

357 posts, read 392,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB316 View Post
I work with probably close to a dozen white guys who are all married to latinas, myself included.

Kern and LA county.
Yeah all the educated and non-educated Latinas I know are married to white guys and have children.

I do wished their family did keep some of the mother's Latin values but typically their children look completely White I think that's why often that ancestry/heritage is erased.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:36 AM

4,895 posts, read 8,738,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlongTheI-5 View Post
Actually the influx of whites into California are mostly from the center of the country. Many of their ancestors arrived during the dust bowl years via Route 66. The family tree does not fork for many.
Well, if you read the Bible the millions of Jews exodus out of Egypt all came from a single family, the house of JACOB. Out of his 12 Sons they grew to a population significantly enough to threaten the Egyptians. This inter-family marriage was highly encouraged in order to keep the bloodline "pure".

Old 09-12-2017, 10:53 AM

5,098 posts, read 2,723,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spreadofllknowledge View Post
Not everyone has a political agenda. I just want to know why it's so low.
How do you know it's low?

It doesn't seem extremely low when you basically see latino/white intermixed couples everyday (Orange County).

Old 09-12-2017, 04:29 PM

12,825 posts, read 20,057,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by volosong View Post
I was married to a latina for eleven years. She was born and raised in Uruguay and immigrated with her family to SoCal about twenty years ago. Even though her heritage is Polish and Swiss, she is still a latina. Best part about the relationship . . . my Castellano became a whole lot better, (as did her English).
CasteJHAno!

Old 09-13-2017, 02:52 PM

363 posts, read 187,103 times
Central American and Mexican women (hell Latinas generally talking about those with solid native admixture so they are gorgeous shades of caramel) are probably the most attractive women on Earth so this baffles me.

I mean I think they are #1 and would (probably) trade the wife in for one.

Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM
PDF

11,386 posts, read 10,462,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
Central American and Mexican women (hell Latinas generally talking about those with solid native admixture so they are gorgeous shades of caramel) are probably the most attractive women on Earth so this baffles me.

I mean I think they are #1 and would (probably) trade the wife in for one.
Heck yeah they are.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:50 PM

9,749 posts, read 7,627,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
The places where intermarriage is rare are the places where the white population consists of transplants from the northeast who have values that are not only hostile to the general values of the western US but which are hostile to American values in general. It is interesting that the more super-PC and super-left wing the neighborhood the less the intermarriage is. This is all the more interesting because it shows that the far left are in practice more like the alt-right who they claim to despise than they are like moderate liberals or moderate conservatives.

Other than those places it is very common
Another spot on comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or