U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:50 PM

26,083 posts, read 28,478,940 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I agree, I'm a lifelong liberal democrat and I do not like what the party has become.
You're not the only liberal Democrat who feels that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiVQ8vrGA_8

Quote:
I do not think our colleges are teaching liberty and freedom. Their idea of liberty and freedom is communist dogma executed with propaganda, intolerance, and violence. They are full of hypocrisy and denial. Their agenda is to divide and tear down the current american democratic system and replace it with some form leftist communism. The mainstream media has become this unfair all-powerful propaganda machine telling lies and distorting the truth. I don't subscribe to any right wing ideology. I simply can see what the left has become because I know what real liberty and freedom means. These leftists are making it so that young folks do not really understand what liberty and freedom are anymore.
Yep, I have never been a liberal Democrat (more right leaning libertarian) because I pretty much thought this was their agenda all along. Glad to see more people are waking up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 08:07 PM

26,083 posts, read 28,478,940 times
If anyone is interested in the larger agenda behind efforts to repress free speech, here's a good start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swftQV4CRrc

Old 09-15-2017, 08:40 PM

5,132 posts, read 2,756,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
You're not the only liberal Democrat who feels that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiVQ8vrGA_8

Yep, I have never been a liberal Democrat (more right leaning libertarian) because I pretty much thought this was their agenda all along. Glad to see more people are waking up!
This thread makes me smile.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:07 PM

4,314 posts, read 2,683,680 times
George Wallace and bull Connor are so proud of you guys right now. Making the south proud.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:52 PM

29,041 posts, read 45,010,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
1. Republicans are a small minority of people in the state.
2. Republicans are not stabbing people in the neck at rallies in California
3. Republicans are stil 15 points less likely to ban free speech than democrats.
According to this source, Republicans make up about 25.9% of CA voters, while Democrats are around 44.8% (the rest are independent or third-party): California Voter and Party Profiles - PPIC

So it is the minority, but not by THAT much when compared to Dems and independents. Also, one incident (the stabbing) hardly proves a point... I'm sure there have been Republicans who reacted violently in political situations, but I don't use isolated incidents to vilify an entire party.

Finally, there's a reason that even liberal San Franciscans call Berkeley "Bizerkeley." Using them as an example of "leftists" is like using the KKK as an example of "righties." Most people on both sides lean moderate, and the extremists are just that - extreme.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:55 PM

29,041 posts, read 45,010,327 times
P.S. I'm not a Democrat, in case it matters... not a Republican either, just an independent who leans more left than right on most issues.

Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 PM

12,289 posts, read 7,956,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
According to this source, Republicans make up about 25.9% of CA voters, while Democrats are around 44.8% (the rest are independent or third-party): California Voter and Party Profiles - PPIC

So it is the minority, but not by THAT much when compared to Dems and independents. Also, one incident (the stabbing) hardly proves a point... I'm sure there have been Republicans who reacted violently in political situations, but I don't use isolated incidents to vilify an entire party.

Finally, there's a reason that even liberal San Franciscans call Berkeley "Bizerkeley." Using them as an example of "leftists" is like using the KKK as an example of "righties." Most people on both sides lean moderate, and the extremists are just that - extreme.
The stabbing is just the most egregious example of the anti free speech movement of California democrats.

You are basically saying "republicans are bad too but not as bad" as a way to ignore the problems in the democrat party.

The poll was of democrats state wide, not of democrats in Berkeley.

It is like you are afraid to say "democrats are wrong about this"

Old 09-16-2017, 12:00 AM

5,448 posts, read 3,292,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
This is what culminates from the "everyone more conservative than mitt Romney is an alt right racist" argument that has become so prevelant on college campuses and ultra progressive cities throughout this state.

No longer are civil rights fought for and cherished by the majority of democrats in this state. What was once the bastion of free speech in Berkeley has turned into one large group think circle jerk that benefits no one. This just shows how different democrats of today are from those of the 60-90's.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgat...h-12196319.php

The free exchange of ideas is a benefit to society. The best cleansing of terrible ideas is sunlight. Even the Bible promotes the free exchange of ideas. It is a principle that is thousands of years old which governments throughout history have tried to surpress.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Stuff like this is why so many so many dems/libs are abandoning them. Some of them have moved to the center, and some of them have shifted right.

Old 09-16-2017, 12:02 AM

5,448 posts, read 3,292,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
George Wallace and bull Connor are so proud of you guys right now. Making the south proud.
The south will rise again!

Old 09-16-2017, 12:20 AM

17,624 posts, read 8,837,966 times
Quote:
I agree, I'm a lifelong liberal democrat and I do not like what the party has become. I do not think our colleges are teaching liberty and freedom. Their idea of liberty and freedom is communist dogma executed with propaganda, intolerance, and violence. They are full of hypocrisy and denial. Their agenda is to divide and tear down the current american democratic system and replace it with some form leftist communism. The mainstream media has become this unfair all-powerful propaganda machine telling lies and distorting the truth. I don't subscribe to any right wing ideology. I simply can see what the left has become because I know what real liberty and freedom means. These leftists are making it so that young folks do not really understand what liberty and freedom are anymore.
Thank you. Very well said, and I could not agree more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or