Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 11:23 PM

6,904 posts, read 8,271,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
The Dems in control in the past looked into the future and began to control both which impacts the young who grow up and vote. Nose of the camel and now the whole body is in the tent. The Republicans did not look to the future but the now and the money they could make.
It is not the conservatives fault. College and Universities don't hire conservative professors, especially in the social sciences so young folks do not get a balanced point of view, rather they get a leftist point of view on current events, history, sociology, etc. The history being taught is now "revisionist" history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 11:50 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The stabbing is just the most egregious example of the anti free speech movement of California democrats.

You are basically saying "republicans are bad too but not as bad" as a way to ignore the problems in the democrat party.

The poll was of democrats state wide, not of democrats in Berkeley.

It is like you are afraid to say "democrats are wrong about this"
I'm not afraid to say anything - and again, I am not even a Democrat. So why would I care? I was only addressing your specific points, and saying that isolated incidents don't define a whole party.

TBH, I haven't even read the original link yet.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,865,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffleiron1968 View Post
I am a Democrat... and hate the far right. I mean HATE them.
Careful; your prejudice is showing.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:50 AM

6,089 posts, read 4,986,718 times
I also hate far right and far left.

The problem is the percentage of people who comprise the "far right" is probably less than 1% (based on membership numbers from stormfront, KKK, etc) of the entire right. The membership of the "far left" is enormous now. BLM says it has a membership between all of its chapters of over 3 million individuals. ANTIFA might even be higher (no estimates for that yet).

So while the far right has remained a fringe group since the 1970s, the far left has grown in size and political power in 2017, with millions of members.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:09 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
It is not the conservatives fault. College and Universities don't hire conservative professors, especially in the social sciences so young folks do not get a balanced point of view, rather they get a leftist point of view on current events, history, sociology, etc. The history being taught is now "revisionist" history.
Part of it is that Conservative college students went for classes to make money not be teachers or professors, Not all but wayyy too many. The Liberals cared more about their ideology and saw a way to make it dominate.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:10 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
I also hate far right and far left.

The problem is the percentage of people who comprise the "far right" is probably less than 1% (based on membership numbers from stormfront, KKK, etc) of the entire right. The membership of the "far left" is enormous now. BLM says it has a membership between all of its chapters of over 3 million individuals. ANTIFA might even be higher (no estimates for that yet).

So while the far right has remained a fringe group since the 1970s, the far left has grown in size and political power in 2017, with millions of members.
You won't hear that on the news.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:51 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
This is the second post of yours in which I totally agree. That is why I always cite the Media, Education, AND the current Democrat Party as a "cabal" which is anti American, corrupt, and self serving elitists. There is no check, and balance on the media any longer except for a few programs, and talk radio shows. Dennis Prager is one of them, and Tucker Carlson is another.
I agree with you on the cabal. But there's actually a cabal on a much higher level than the one you cited. But that's a whole other post.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:58 AM

30,897 posts, read 36,954,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
A former KGB agent talked about this over 30 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeMZGGQ0ERk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: