U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-15-2017, 09:00 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,289 posts, read 7,966,845 times
Reputation: 6464

Advertisements

This is what culminates from the "everyone more conservative than mitt Romney is an alt right racist" argument that has become so prevelant on college campuses and ultra progressive cities throughout this state.

No longer are civil rights fought for and cherished by the majority of democrats in this state. What was once the bastion of free speech in Berkeley has turned into one large group think circle jerk that benefits no one. This just shows how different democrats of today are from those of the 60-90's.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sfgat...h-12196319.php


The free exchange of ideas is a benefit to society. The best cleansing of terrible ideas is sunlight. Even the Bible promotes the free exchange of ideas. It is a principle that is thousands of years old which governments throughout history have tried to surpress.

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-15-2017, 10:33 AM
 
17,574 posts, read 10,641,127 times
Reputation: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
This is what culminates from the "everyone more conservative than mitt Romney is an alt right racist" argument that has become so prevelant on college campuses and ultra progressive cities throughout this state.

No longer are civil rights fought for and cherished by the majority of democrats in this state. What was once the bastion of free speech in Berkeley has turned into one large group think circle jerk that benefits no one. This just shows how different democrats of today are from those of the 60-90's.
No, they want all free speech that ......... agrees with them.

They now reject civil rights as you can see from the very uncivil actions of the protestors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 11:27 AM
 
5,145 posts, read 2,769,044 times
Reputation: 4714
The fact that Berkeley spent $600,000 to secure the campus from having these brown shirts lynch Ben Shapiro shows you just how bad the left has become. They are literally becoming the Nazis that they claim to be fighting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 01:01 PM
 
4,812 posts, read 5,001,605 times
Reputation: 2276
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliRestoration View Post
The fact that Berkeley spent $600,000 to secure the campus from having these brown shirts lynch Ben Shapiro shows you just how bad the left has become. They are literally becoming the Nazis that they claim to be fighting.
I agree, I'm a lifelong liberal democrat and I do not like what the party has become. I do not think our colleges are teaching liberty and freedom. Their idea of liberty and freedom is communist dogma executed with propaganda, intolerance, and violence. They are full of hypocrisy and denial. Their agenda is to divide and tear down the current american democratic system and replace it with some form leftist communism. The mainstream media has become this unfair all-powerful propaganda machine telling lies and distorting the truth. I don't subscribe to any right wing ideology. I simply can see what the left has become because I know what real liberty and freedom means. These leftists are making it so that young folks do not really understand what liberty and freedom are anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 01:06 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,792 posts, read 70,635,877 times
Reputation: 76771
I could create a thread title quoting the same link you use, OP, to say, "42% of Republicans favor limiting free speech!"

From the linked article:

compared to 42 percent of the state's Republicans


You should probably address your home team, first, before pontificating to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 01:57 PM
 
17,574 posts, read 10,641,127 times
Reputation: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I could create a thread title quoting the same link you use, OP, to say, "42% of Republicans favor limiting free speech!"

From the linked article:

compared to 42 percent of the state's Republicans


You should probably address your home team, first, before pontificating to others.
But in CA, many Republicans lean more Left than right. It ain't Alabama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 02:32 PM
 
5,145 posts, read 2,769,044 times
Reputation: 4714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimérique View Post
I agree, I'm a lifelong liberal democrat and I do not like what the party has become. I do not think our colleges are teaching liberty and freedom. Their idea of liberty and freedom is communist dogma executed with propaganda, intolerance, and violence. They are full of hypocrisy and denial. Their agenda is to divide and tear down the current american democratic system and replace it with some form leftist communism. The mainstream media has become this unfair all-powerful propaganda machine telling lies and distorting the truth. I don't subscribe to any right wing ideology. I simply can see what the left has become because I know what real liberty and freedom means. These leftists are making it so that young folks do not really understand what liberty and freedom are anymore.
Exactly, but you are a true liberal, I wouldn't classify you as a leftist.

I'm more libertarian, my stance on gay marriage would be considered liberal, my stance on guns would be considered right wing, and my stance on legalizing certain recreational drugs would be right in the middle.

I think the enemy of people like you, and myself, the most dangerous enemy IMO, is the new far/alt-left that has taken over the Democrat party. Some woman got stabbed in the neck last night in Berkeley for holding up a sign supporting Shapiro, it's sickening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 05:11 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
12,289 posts, read 7,966,845 times
Reputation: 6464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I could create a thread title quoting the same link you use, OP, to say, "42% of Republicans favor limiting free speech!"

From the linked article:

compared to 42 percent of the state's Republicans


You should probably address your home team, first, before pontificating to others.
1. Republicans are a small minority of people in the state.
2. Republicans are not stabbing people in the neck at rallies in California
3. Republicans are stil 15 points less likely to ban free speech than democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 05:50 PM
 
Location: State of Transition
78,792 posts, read 70,635,877 times
Reputation: 76771
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
But in CA, many Republicans lean more Left than right. It ain't Alabama.
What does this mean--they don't count as "real" Republicans? lol If they're not foaming at the mouth, they're not bona-fide Republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 PM
 
17,574 posts, read 10,641,127 times
Reputation: 8487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What does this mean--they don't count as "real" Republicans? lol If they're not foaming at the mouth, they're not bona-fide Republicans?
Well are the Anti people real leftists? Can't lump everyone into one group. Plus the Left controls the State and how well is that working out? Ask the woman stabbed by a ... Lefty. Do you agree and fit in with those lefties? Or do you agree blanket grouping makes no sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:49 AM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top