Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 06:50 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Last time something like this made a big splash, some months later it came out that the entire incident was staged by PETA, who hired illegal aliens to do the dirty deeds after hours. The 'animal rights' movement believes that the end justifies the means, and are willing to torture animals if that will convince good-hearted urbanites (who've never shoveled manure in their lives) to enact yet another ban on animal use and ownership.
Well in the case I posted there was no PETA involved...just a sick vile animal abuser.

Can you provide links to verify your claims that PETA hired ["illegal aliens" sic] to do the dirty deeds after hours? BTW there is no such term as illegal aliens.

How did the illegals get into the farm to commit these dirty deeds?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 06:51 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,577,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I buy my eggs, and a lot of produce from a local farmer. However, I can afford to do that, and you can afford to pay higher prices for eggs, and other food, but what about the poor, or people with families living pay check to pay check? All protein is VERY expensive today. Eggs are still one of the items that are pretty low in cost for what you get. Do you want to raise costs on those that can not afford it because of your social convictions about animals?

You see the unintended consequences of seemingly good liberal/progressive policies are often catastrophic.

With all the various forms of food aid available in this country I don't think it is necessary to torture animals in order to provide eggs to people.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:00 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,161,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Well in the case I posted there was no PETA involved...just a sick vile animal abuser.

Can you provide links to verify your claims that PETA hired ["illegal aliens" sic] to do the dirty deeds after hours? BTW there is no such term as illegal aliens.

How did the illegals get into the farm to commit these dirty deeds?
You've just made it clear where you're coming from, so there's little point in further discussion, but in the case I mentioned, Brownfield Ag published the info, and there's generally not much security in a stockyard; just hop the fence and pop the padlock and in you go. Or with a farm, just open the gate and walk in. These places aren't Fort Knox.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 PM

Quote:
You've just made it clear where you're coming from, so there's little point in further discussion,
LOL simply because I asked you to verify what your claiming and I pointed out that there is no such term as "illegal aliens"?

Sure go right ahead and deflect away from actually providing any links to verify your claim.

Old 10-04-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
LOL simply because I asked you to verify what your claiming and I pointed out that there is no such term as "illegal aliens"?
Sorry, but the Accurate Legal Term is 'Illegal Alien' | The Heritage Foundation

If you don't like that one, how about the State Department? first instance I came to:
https://www.state.gov/j/inl/c/crime/c44640.htm

Quote:
Sure go right ahead and deflect away from actually providing any links to verify your claim.
I've heard this song before.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
I've heard this song before.
It's clear you know it very well.

Now how about providing that link to your claim that PETA hired "illegal aliens"?

Old 10-04-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
It's clear you know it very well.

Now how about providing that link to your claim that PETA hired "illegal aliens"?
It's been about ten years, but it was published by Brownfield Ag. If it's still on their site no doubt you can find it. I'm not digging through two previous computers for it. However, it wasn't an isolated incident.

When Prop 2 was on the ballot, I looked into it pretty thoroughly. Funny thing, the money HSUS used to promote it came from egg exporters in China, India, and the Philippines. (Not sifting 2 million files for that either; I'm sure you can look it up.)

Old 10-04-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
It's been about ten years, but it was published by Brownfield Ag. If it's still on their site no doubt you can find it. I'm not digging through two previous computers for it. However, it wasn't an isolated incident.
Funny if it's such a common occurrence surly there would be plenty of easy to find articles about it.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Funny if it's such a common occurrence surly there would be plenty of easy to find articles about it.
Enough to get John Stossel's attention. Partial transcript of the 20/20 segment:
Cruelty to Pet Owners? - ABC News

But the AR contingent doesn't want information; it wants something to discredit.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:23 PM

24,116 posts, read 32,468,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
They can spin it all they want, the mass production of eggs, milk, and meat is based on torture and suffering of animals for the sake of greedy American palates. Grass fed, cage free, all feel good nonsense.

And then the same people that hungrily eat bacon and steak have the audacity to complain about other countries eating dogs or whales.

I don't have a problem with hunters or individuals that quickly dispatch animals with no suffering (head shot or decapitation) for their OWN consumption, and using all parts of the animal.

I do however have a problem with the way our animal products are harvested on torture farms and packing industries.
I have the same problem too. No one is saying that everyone should become a vegan - or a vegetarian.

Humane people could do these things - 1. Eat less meat, poultry and dairy, 2. stop eating meat poultry and dairy - unless you know it was raised or extracted in a humane manner(you pretty much have to be there to know that) 3. Decide to pay more for humanly raised animals and dairy. 4. Put pressure on the industry to end cruel practices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: