U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 02:04 PM

4,314 posts, read 2,669,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
For many in CA .. it's live in CA and go broke tryin'
Mine is invest in index funds and pray
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 PM

6,804 posts, read 3,771,529 times
Ca also leads the nation in population. We're going to have our share of poor.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:59 PM

3,914 posts, read 1,193,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
For many in CA .. it's live in CA and go broke tryin'

Old 09-26-2017, 04:48 PM

2,964 posts, read 1,608,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
People are free to move to the swamp/desert/snowy wasteland found in the other parts of the country.
So 49 other states are swamp, desert or snow Hell??? What's Oregon, Washington Hawaii? The biggest weather wimps live in Ca. No wonder other states make fun of us. I agree with them!!

Old 09-26-2017, 04:55 PM

25,259 posts, read 15,271,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
Ca also leads the nation in population. We're going to have our share of poor.
This is percentage wise though , not just number of poor people .

So we have more than our share of poor .

Old 09-30-2017, 05:24 AM

6,316 posts, read 3,322,331 times
Quote:
Probably because housing is so expensive.
Probably a big part is illegal immigrants which cost CA $30 BILLION a year -- almost 18% of their budget.
Study after study has now shown the cost of illegals in welfare, crime, education, lower wages, unemployed Americans, etc does not profit our country.

But democrats need to keep pandering for those Hispanic votes.......

Old 09-30-2017, 06:38 AM

32,261 posts, read 54,982,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Probably a big part is illegal immigrants which cost CA $30 BILLION a year -- almost 18% of their budget.
Study after study has now shown the cost of illegals in welfare, crime, education, lower wages, unemployed Americans, etc does not profit our country.

But democrats need to keep pandering for those Hispanic votes.......
Hello? There are what? 15 million Hispanics in this state? The GOP is so moronic for all their hateful, racist, xenophobic sounding rhetoric, essentially pushing Hispanics, a group that actually tends to be socially conservative, into the arms of Democrats. Way to go GOP. Keep on pandering to angry Whites( a group thats quickly shrinking in CA)while the rest of us move on. Real smart

Anyhow, $30 billion is not a bad investment for what CA gets in return.
Quote:
Betty Yee, California state controller, said undocumented immigrants’ ​labor is worth more than $180 billion a year ​to California's economy — about equal to the 2015 gross domestic product for the entire state of Oklahoma. Labor from undocumented immigrants is fundamental not just to agriculture, but to child care, restaurants, hotels and construction.
https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-03-...my-theres-cost

Old 09-30-2017, 06:49 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,682,650 times
It’s land of the rich and wealthy, and home to the poor/struggling classess.

There’s no in between anymore. I see masarati’s and $100,000 S-class Benzes in neighborhoods that 10 to 20 years ago used to be a simple, quaint middle class places to live where people drove the most standard vehicles, nothing fancy.

You have to earn at least $100,000 a year if not much more than that if you even want to consider buying a home in any coastal CA city these days. If you have any debts, it makes it that much harder to someone to even quality for a loan.

Also who are these people that are buying these super expensive overprice homes costing $500,000 and up are able to afford the 20% down payment of $100,000 bucks??? Hardly any unless you are well off and have a stable career. The working class folks are priced out of the majority cities in CA.

They can barely afford the damn rent! Even if CA went on a massive building spree, housing prices still wouldn’t change, as those new homes will cost an arm and a leg to build so developers will be forced to charge an astronomical amount of money for each home. Therefore nothing improves or becomes affordable again.

Probably the best solution to this problem is for all the “sane” Californians that have finally woken up from their delusional state of mind, being possessed and blinded by the California sunshine to finally say “I’ve had enough of this crap, and I’m tired of being broke! We’re leaving!” For the state and cities realize “Omg who is going to work at retail stores, where am I going to get my hair cut, where did all the waiters go?”

This state will be filled with the ultra rich “old money”elitist, wealthy tech nerds that are social awkward and have ZERO common sense, a bunch of short term transplants and investors. Only the people that can’t afford to move, have no choice but to stay put.

CA should also be #1 in the struggling, barely making up category if there ever was one.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:24 AM

4,314 posts, read 2,669,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
It’s land of the rich and wealthy, and home to the poor/struggling classess.

There’s no in between anymore. I see masarati’s and $100,000 S-class Benzes in neighborhoods that 10 to 20 years ago used to be a simple, quaint middle class places to live where people drove the most standard vehicles, nothing fancy.

You have to earn at least $100,000 a year if not much more than that if you even want to consider buying a home in any coastal CA city these days. If you have any debts, it makes it that much harder to someone to even quality for a loan.

Also who are these people that are buying these super expensive overprice homes costing $500,000 and up are able to afford the 20% down payment of $100,000 bucks??? Hardly any unless you are well off and have a stable career. The working class folks are priced out of the majority cities in CA.

They can barely afford the damn rent! Even if CA went on a massive building spree, housing prices still wouldn’t change, as those new homes will cost an arm and a leg to build so developers will be forced to charge an astronomical amount of money for each home. Therefore nothing improves or becomes affordable again.

Probably the best solution to this problem is for all the “sane” Californians that have finally woken up from their delusional state of mind, being possessed and blinded by the California sunshine to finally say “I’ve had enough of this crap, and I’m tired of being broke! We’re leaving!” For the state and cities realize “Omg who is going to work at retail stores, where am I going to get my hair cut, where did all the waiters go?”

This state will be filled with the ultra rich “old money”elitist, wealthy tech nerds that are social awkward and have ZERO common sense, a bunch of short term transplants and investors. Only the people that can’t afford to move, have no choice but to stay put.

CA should also be #1 in the struggling, barely making up category if there ever was one.
Rather live in poverty in California than die from the elements.

Old 09-30-2017, 08:31 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,028,733 times
Quote:
Rather live in poverty in California than die from the elements.
That's because you are totally ignorant of what it is like to live anywhere else but Hayward.
Millions live in other states just fine, some to a very fine standard of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California