Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 08:48 PM

13,582 posts, read 15,647,495 times

Advertisements

Since Brown signed into law our independence from federal laws, is that across the board? A friend of mine, for example, is a helicopter pilot, so can he now land on my front lawn? Also, can I now dump motor oil and other toxins in the stormdrains? Furthermore, can I go bowhunting for bald eagles? I hear that their being endangered makes them extra tasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 11:01 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,176,622 times
Sure on the helicopter. No on motor oil that's not eco friendly. No on the bow no weapons allowed. If your gonna live here you have the think like a liberal.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:41 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
Sure on the helicopter. No on motor oil that's not eco friendly. No on the bow no weapons allowed. If your gonna live here you have the think like a liberal.
I have to correct you. It depends on what part of California you live in. If you’re in Hollywood then all sexual harassment laws are out the window unless you’re conservative. Then they apply.

Try to keep up, ok?

Old 10-07-2017, 02:49 AM

864 posts, read 1,719,792 times
The Federal government should send in the National Guard to Sacramento, arrest every member of the state government, and replace them with Trump appointees until a new election can be held. Federal law trumps state law and the state of California needs to learn that lesson.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:12 AM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Bald eagles are good with siracha.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:31 AM

8,326 posts, read 6,417,109 times
California already was a sanctuary state. Keven De Leon and the rest of them just want to make themselves feel good that they have done something.

Old 10-07-2017, 09:33 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,587,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow_temp View Post
The Federal government should send in the National Guard to Sacramento, arrest every member of the state government, and replace them with Trump appointees until a new election can be held. Federal law trumps state law and the state of California needs to learn that lesson.
From my memories of my US government classes in high school in which what would have happened if George Wallace had actually followed through with his threats to nullify federal civll rights laws in Alabama, those positions would just go to whoever was next in the chain of command rather than being filled presidential appointees.

But yes, it is funny Brown is following in the footsteps of Wallace, Orval Faubus, and Lester Maddox, and how Garcetti, Lee, Schaaf, etc. are following in the footsteps of Bull Connor. California should be putting up Confederate statues rather than taking them down given how popular the ideas of John C. Calhoun are among California's political class.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:44 PM

50,232 posts, read 46,991,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Bald eagles are good with siracha.
I put that @!#$ on everthin!

Old 10-07-2017, 04:05 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,014,359 times
Ca has the highest number of illegals in the nation & I bet more of them move here thinking they are protected. Legally NO illegal is protected from deportation in ca.

Old 10-07-2017, 04:15 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,382,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
From my memories of my US government classes in high school in which what would have happened if George Wallace had actually followed through with his threats to nullify federal civll rights laws in Alabama, those positions would just go to whoever was next in the chain of command rather than being filled presidential appointees.

But yes, it is funny Brown is following in the footsteps of Wallace, Orval Faubus, and Lester Maddox, and how Garcetti, Lee, Schaaf, etc. are following in the footsteps of Bull Connor. California should be putting up Confederate statues rather than taking them down given how popular the ideas of John C. Calhoun are among California's political class.
Well the President could declare a state of emergency in CA , impose martial law and set up a "temporary" Gov't.

That would be interesting and under those conditions the courts have little to no power over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California