Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 12:25 AM

510 posts, read 370,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
For those with genuine medical problems, good for them.

For the idiots that smoke it to get high ............ oh well, they exist everywhere.
Whether one uses it for a diagnosed medical condition of other reason, it is all about feeling better. Why do you think those who use cannabis are idiots? It doesn't kill, unlike alcohol, tobacco, prescription pills, heroin, cocaine, aspirin and other NSAIDs, caffeine. So if you consider those that use a drug that kills nobody to be idiots, what do you call someone who uses a drug that is known to kill?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I have never smoked pot or taken recreational drugs. My addiction has been towards drinking Pepsi and I am positive that I have broken that addiction.

The goal for me is to never have any substance rule my world. I don't want to have some outside influence be it a drug or anything else pulling me away from my life. I grew up near the beach. I know plenty of people that gave up their life to drugs. I am not willing to lose control of my life to any drug.

A high percent of our foods contain drugs. Food kills 500,000 in USA per year (much of it loaded with drugs). 85,000 toxins have been approved for our air, soil, food, and water. How will you avoid these?

Old 12-06-2017, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Being intelligent in one area does not mean you are not n idiot (Not speaking psychologically) in others. Medical marijuana has some good uses, the use to get high says a lot about the person as an individual not his intelligence in other areas.
The use to get high is often an undiagnosed condition that can't be adequately treated with pills. "High" only means elevated mood, like happy, and treating depression is a #1 use so they don't commit suicide. This means being happy from a plant is illegal, as if suicide is better.

Most anti-depressants now come with a warning that they may increase suicides. Happiness must be called a mental illness if it involves a plant drug, as those interfere with corporate profits.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Too many hospital employees including Doctors and Nurses are taking drugs and Pot is not enough for them.
Hospital employees get fired for smoking cannabis, but tobacco that kills maybe 1/3 of users is just fine if outside of hospital. Hospitals run phony drug treatment centers and make much of their money with their forced treatment for weed "addicts".

Old 12-06-2017, 01:34 AM

2,296 posts, read 3,124,298 times
Glad I live where workers actually have rights and don't have to pee in a bottle for their masters.

I don't need to smoke cannabis to have fun, I rock climb, windsurf, race sailboats, ride motorcycles but I can smoke some cannabis now and then and have more fun doing those things or if not before then after :-D

Letting any substance rule your life is stupid, but that does not mean you can't enjoy them, just don't make your life about it.

Using psychoactive substances has been a part of human existence since well before written history and it will continue to be till we become extinct, it is just human nature.

Old 12-06-2017, 01:41 AM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,400 times
It doesn't change a damn thing for me.

Old 12-06-2017, 02:10 AM

Quote:
There are exceptions to every rule, but they do not set the standards. Idiots is a nice term for those who use it, unless for some definite medical problem. I definitely would not have used Bill Clinton as an example unless you wanted to show how it affects a persons personality for the bad.
What I read, IIRC, was that Bill Clinton tried to smoke it, but couldn't figure out how to inhale.

As for effect one of the better things it does for people who use it is it makes people non-violent if anything can. I suggested on a forum all use is medicinal and someone who called himself a recreational user said perhaps his use was medicinal so he didn't do something stupid like attack a police officer.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:15 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,339,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I can pretty much assume that people smoking on sidewalks adjacnt to hospitals. wearing scrubs or lab coats, with some of them wearing ID badges saying that they are doctors or nurses, ARE actually doctors and nurses.

While all races/ethnicities smoke, it is true that there are fewer professional whites who smoke than other groups, and not many upper middle class native Californians who smoke. However, Asians smoke more than any other group, regardless of education, and a disproportionate percentage of the medical/health care workforce is Asian. I would think that the only California hospitals with very few or no Asian doctors, nurses, or other employees would be in small and medium sized towns or small cities in the far northern, lily-white part of the state, away from the big cities, or the diverse outlying areas.
Not sure what part of the state that you live in. I work in Ventura. Two hospitals on the same street. The county hospital is up the road from us. I drive by the county hospital often. at both places I have never seen healthcare workers standing on the sidewalk smoking. Maybe they smoke in hiding places. Not sure about that. What I do know is you don't want to be smelling like smoke where I work. I guess it depends what is more important to the healthcare worker, smoking or having a job.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:17 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWTJ View Post
Whether one uses it for a diagnosed medical condition of other reason, it is all about feeling better. Why do you think those who use cannabis are idiots? It doesn't kill, unlike alcohol, tobacco, prescription pills, heroin, cocaine, aspirin and other NSAIDs, caffeine. So if you consider those that use a drug that kills nobody to be idiots, what do you call someone who uses a drug that is known to kill?
Both are idiots.

A legitimate medical use makes sense. But getting a buzz is just about as intelligent as doing the same thing with alcohol. People who want to use it can't stand the idea they are not being very smart. They may be the most intelligent people in the world, in one area, but not in everything.

Now I do not care if it is legal, except of course when I am driving and some idiot is high on it.

Last edited by expatCA; 12-11-2017 at 01:34 PM..

Old 12-11-2017, 02:11 PM

21,735 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Quote:
Both are idiots.

A legitimate medical use makes sense. But getting a buzz is just about as intelligent as doing the same thing with alcohol. People who want to use it can't stand the idea they are not being very smart. They may be the most intelligent people in the world, in one area, but not in everything.

Now I do not care if it is legal, except of course when I am driving and some idiot is high on it.
Still at it, eh expat? A series of posters let loose on your ignorance and you come back for more? Heh ... just like the moron in the White House you love to defend. The obvious fact is you know zip about marijuana ... and the same about history, anthropology, psychology, and long held concensus about what makes for well rounded good health.

Human beings - and animals as well - have been indulging in substances for recreation and pleasure since the beginning of time ... yet, to our esteemed colleague expat, who has never indulged, these billions of beings are "Idiots!". Amusing. Those who, like yourself, do NOT indulge are by far the distinct minority throughout time. And even those who don't indulge in recreational substances, umm, do seek pleasure in any number of other ways ... why, including joy riding around in cars, as you have said about yourself, inspite of polluting the planet for all of us as you tool about. TeeVee, internet forum pontificating, chocolate addictions ... heh ... the list of ways to find release and pleasure is endless. Yet you, expat, you get to define and draw the lines of idiocy over which pursuits of pleasure are acceptable?.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a little pleasure seeking in life. Quite the opposite. Pleasure is part of being a well rounded, healthy individual. People without pleasure are neither happy nor healthy. The problems you assume are common - are not. Less than 10% of pot smokers have any issues from their fun that interfere with life. I have provided you before with multiple studies covering that. Even alcoholism is minor, though slightly higher in % of abuse than marijuana.

So all those dregs of humanity you see wandering the streets in despair, with whom you associate the horrors of pot addiction? They are among but a sliver of people who use the weed recreationally with no problems at all.

Grow up. Carl Sagan and Neil deGrasse Tyson, Francis Crick, Oliver Sachs, et al were/are neither "idiots" in their scientific professions NOR in their personal lives. Every one of them puts you to shame with a dunce cap in the corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California