Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 10:03 AM

85 posts, read 283,628 times

Advertisements

nanners22
hi we lived in Bournemoth for years and loved it, where abouts in town? yes it is cheaper to live here food wise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM

1 posts, read 2,811 times
hi can anyone give me some advice on the 1st thing i need to do if i decide to move to the usa california, I havent got a clue what to do 1st
karen

Old 05-21-2007, 02:49 PM

23 posts, read 145,853 times
Karenmary,

You will probably have more luck starting your own thread in the main "California" forum. Hijacking an existing thread can lead to confusion regarding the topic.

In the new thread, you should post where you are coming from (country/state) and what you are looking for in an area (schools, nature, bars, etc.)

Old 05-21-2007, 03:31 PM

16 posts, read 86,208 times
Default So Cal

I agree with the post reccommending Temucula. Its a growing area and family friendly. They have vineyards for wine. I think its still affordable. I think it can get to 100 degrees there. Inland San Diego co. would be good, and they have had a large decrease recently in home values. It spiked a few years ago and is readjusting now. Good luck.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:25 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,781,178 times
First of all, as a nurse, you should have no problem finding a job since there is a shortage here because the housing prices are driving a lot of people off. It would help if you know Spanish. That is why a lot of the hospitals are recruiting in the Phillipines.

You need to look into Yorba Linda. El Dorado High School is a pretty decent school. I don't know about the elementary or junior high schools here since I attended those in Buena Park (they have both been shutdown since). If you look at the City of Orange, make sure you get into the Villa Park High school district. Avoid El Modena. I went to Orange High, but am apprehensive as to how that school might be now thanks to illegal immigration.

Buena Park is becoming more dubious to live in because of increased crime but to work there should be no problem.

There are hospitals like St. Jude and St. Joseph's, Children's Hospital (CHOC) has had its problems management-wise, so you should be careful about attempting to get hired there. Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 05:21 AM..

Old 05-24-2007, 12:35 PM

193 posts, read 1,402,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontereyLocal View Post
Karenmary,

You will probably have more luck starting your own thread in the main "California" forum. Hijacking an existing thread can lead to confusion regarding the topic.

In the new thread, you should post where you are coming from (country/state) and what you are looking for in an area (schools, nature, bars, etc.)
Good advice...though it can get easy to get off topic. I have started a couple new threads but it's hard when you are a really shy person like me. Even online it can get someone anxious to start a conversation so sometimes we shy folks just try to sneak in a question.

Old 05-26-2007, 08:31 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,076,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantWait2Bthere View Post
Good advice...though it can get easy to get off topic. I have started a couple new threads but it's hard when you are a really shy person like me. Even online it can get someone anxious to start a conversation so sometimes we shy folks just try to sneak in a question.
Eh, no one knows who you really are and if you're shy or not. Start a thread, ask a question. There are plenty of people on this board willing to give you straight and honest answers. Let your thread stand or fall on its own merits -- the community's contributions. So go ahead, click "New Thread" and ask away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California