Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 06:01 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,743,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka1 View Post
well-educated people tend to be liberal.
A lot of them majored in stuff like gender studies, humanities, diversity, fine arts, and wants someone like Bernie to write-off their student loan debt.

And sometimes, colleges can be institutions of liberal brainwashing.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:54 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
When Republicans were competitive in California, Democrats were competitive in the South. Since the 1990s, party affiliation has become much more aligned with region, culture, and religion than it once was. Everything today's Republican Party stands for doesn't resonate with coastal California. Even Orange County is no longer red.
Coastal California is much more libertarian than most of Trump's base-line areas. Also, since this is a monied area, the interests of those like the Koch Brothers (an example of big businesses that are hungry for cheap labor) just don't align with people's desire to sto ppopulation growth to maintain quality of life. People here really don't want more immigration in general from my experience. However, both parties have pushed just that. There is a glimmer of hope in Trump, but it is fading as he may succumb to a Koch-like position.

Old 05-13-2018, 07:59 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,133,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
Unlike the northern half of the OC, where the domestic help have been out-voting the Old Money since the fall of Rep. Bob Dornan back in 1980, the southern half has been represented by Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, who got his start as a leader of the "libertarian revolt" among younger economic-only conservatives in the late Sixties, but managed to maintain enough of his roots to resurface as a Reagan speechwriter, with a shot at a seat in a "safe" GOP district.

The winds of politics continue to shift, but at age 71, and with 13-year-old triplets, I'm sure Rep. Rohrabacher will find plenty to do if he steps aside, but continues to advocate for personal and expressionary, as well as economic freedom.
I live in Dana Rohrabacher's District and we get nonstop mailers asking voters to remember that Dana is Putin's BFF, a contention I find laughable. In looking at the contenders, I have no choice but to vote for kooky Dana as I agree with 90% of his positions, bizarre though he might be. It is important to remember that South OC also has an inland area, although I have no idea who represents that district. South of here is Darlyn Issa's district which is gerrymandered to include areas with more minorities and less income, like Oceanside and Vista. Issa is leaving. It won't be long before a Dem wins that district.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California