Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 08:27 AM

60 posts, read 60,251 times

Advertisements

This is not a thread bashing Arizona or any of it’s people. However I feel like this is a topic that needs to be discussed since many ex-Californians still frequent the CA forum, more specifically those whom relocated to AZ.

Okay so my problem is that they have the audacity to come on our forums and bash the San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel Valley for “not being close to the beach”. Not only that but it seems like their attitude/motive is to bring us down and convince others to leave the state because they did.

I was born and raised here and from what i’v seen, all of my financiallly stable friends have chosen to stay. I’m certainly not moving anywhere. It’s the ones who get pushed out of the market or “can’t put up with the traffic” that are forced to leave.

Some claim to leave due to politics however this paradise is worth putting up with anything. They only use politics as a reason to leave to cover up the shame that they couldn’t make it workout. If politics didn’t exist then the entire country would love California.

Old 06-02-2018, 08:49 AM

1,676 posts, read 1,533,866 times
I'm unsure of what your point is

Old 06-02-2018, 08:59 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Why do you let it bother you? Let them whine and deal with their new “paradise”.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:00 AM

38,865 posts, read 22,854,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
Neither am I.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:29 AM

234 posts, read 303,465 times
The post wouldn’t be necessary if the people that left didn’t keep coming back and telling us how much they like their new place (over and over again).

I’m guessing nobody here really cares who left and where they went and how it is there. Most of us probably come here to find out more about the state in which we live and help others who want to come here get more familiar with the different areas.

It’s not just this forum, you see it all over the internet and in person too. Everyone that leaves with a bad taste in their mouth seem to have to stomp their feet and yell on their way out and then keep yapping at us from their new area. Whatever reason they do it for doesn’t change the fact that no one here cares...just enjoy your new life???

Old 06-02-2018, 10:40 AM

5,267 posts, read 4,178,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
This is not a thread bashing Arizona or any of it’s people. However I feel like this is a topic that needs to be discussed since many ex-Californians still frequent the CA forum, more specifically those whom relocated to AZ.

Okay so my problem is that they have the audacity to come on our forums and bash the San Fernando Valley and San Gabriel Valley for “not being close to the beach”. Not only that but it seems like their attitude/motive is to bring us down and convince others to leave the state because they did.

I was born and raised here and from what i’v seen, all of my financiallly stable friends have chosen to stay. I’m certainly not moving anywhere. It’s the ones who get pushed out of the market or “can’t put up with the traffic” that are forced to leave.

Some claim to leave due to politics however this paradise is worth putting up with anything. They only use politics as a reason to leave to cover up the shame that they couldn’t make it workout. If politics didn’t exist then the entire country would love California.
I can't think of any Ca bashers from Az on here. Who are you talking about??

Why are you so threatened by Ca bashers anyway?

Old 06-02-2018, 10:54 AM

60 posts, read 60,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finper View Post
I can't think of any Ca bashers from Az on here. Who are you talking about??
I will not be throwing out any usernames because that is a violation of the terms and agreement rules of this site, and even if it was allowed, I still wouldn’t because that’s just rude and unnecessary in bad taste.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:31 AM

8,452 posts, read 15,035,823 times
I understand what OP is trying to say. I wouldn't limit it to Arizona, though, as I've noticed that many expats apparently find that their current state and city forums are slow and boring compared to the CA forums. They keep returning to the CA forums for the stimulation, but since they've left, it kills them to post the positives of CA living.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:36 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,509,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin1983 View Post
I will not be throwing out any usernames because that is a violation of the terms and agreement rules of this site, and even if it was allowed, I still wouldn’t because that’s just rude and unnecessary in bad taste.
It’s bothering you because you let it bother you. With very few exceptions pretty much everyone that I know who moved out of Ca would move back in a heartbeat but they can’t afford to. Sure Ca isn’t for everyone.

Old 06-02-2018, 11:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
my thought exactly. People leave and people come back for all kinds of reasons. No one needs an excuse for their actions. We left Ca for a lot of reasons, one being politics, but not only for that reason. So OP, what are you trying to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California