Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2018, 11:42 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Opposite of Trump...? So open borders and high unemployment ?

—-
California is going to show the country what progressive governance looks like,” Demissie said. “California is going to be the positive alternative to Trump.”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...220900570.html
California will be the new Venezuela.
I
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 11:58 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Yeah. And of course, people like him will never talk about, for example, a Black American who lost their job to an illegal alien or who had to move out of their neighborhood because of harassment and threats of violence due to changing demographics like Terry Anderson used to talk about on his radio show. The fact of the matter is that Newsom has no problem throwing Black people out of the boat just as long as he gets elected and he will pander to whatever demographic will give him what he wants.
Very true . Also the media doesn’t report on it but many black Americans aren’t really gung ho on illegal aliens
Also never any talk about masses of illegals moving into formerly black majority areas but a few white people move in and they are terrible gentrifiers “pushing out minorities “

Yeah exactly Newsom is another totally self interested and self absorbed liberal like Garcetti . We’ll likely be hearing about his Presidential ambitions soon .

Old 11-06-2018, 11:59 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,454,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaTwo View Post
California will be the new Venezuela.
I
That seems to be the goal the way things are going .

Old 11-07-2018, 07:11 AM

119 posts, read 139,453 times
John Cox sucked as a candidate, plain and simple. He was a dud. He wasn't energizing. He didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about winning the governorship. Heck, he was even a Democrat in Illinois in the not-too-distant past.

Travis Allen would probably have still lost to Gavin Newsom, but he would have at least ran a more competitive, more fierce, more "in your face, Gavin" kind of race. Travis would have been a valid competitor, enough that Gavin would have even bothered to participate in more debates with him. Alas, the majority of Republican voters in the June primary were spineless and somehow thought Cox would be the more competitive Republican. What can I say...?

Gavin Newsom will, on his most conservative day, be like Jerry Brown. On his most liberal day, his talking points will as as left as, or further left than, those espoused and given by Bernie Sanders and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

I was already planning to move to Texas anyway, and am doing so in less than a month. The voters of California and Texas last night both affirmed the validity of my decision to move to Texas. I still think California is 10-20 years behind Illinois and Connecticut in terms of being a total Hell-in-a-handbasket, thankfully. But I already see the sanctimonious, faux-compassionate politics of the coastal metropolises, today, negatively impacting the Inland Empire, Central Valley, and North State, and it already isn't pretty. On the other hand, even Abilene and Midland/Odessa have lower unemployment rates than comparable CV areas like Tulare and Modesto, sadly.

I love California and cherish my time there, but I'm not a native. I have no roots. I don't feel obligated to stay. What else can I say...?

Old 11-07-2018, 10:30 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Disappointing results, but it seemed like a lot of people were out voting. This "resistance to Trump" platform is bananas, not looking forward to it.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Disappointing results, but it seemed like a lot of people were out voting. This "resistance to Trump" platform is bananas, not looking forward to it.
You don’t like bananas? Everybody likes bananas.

Old 11-07-2018, 10:46 AM

1,738 posts, read 3,007,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericaBravoCharles View Post
I love California and cherish my time there, but I'm not a native. I have no roots. I don't feel obligated to stay. What else can I say...?
I have roots and decided to leave last year. I just had enough. Work hard and big brother will take a bunch of your paycheck and charge you ridiculous fees for every little thing. My town had near 9% sales tax near the end. 1% tacked on after one election cycle to ensure police get close to 100K pensions in their 50's.

Meanwhile I got to sit in gridlock everyday and watch panhandlers beg for money and live under the bridge a mile from my home I had to spend my life savings on. Had enough of the nonsense and packed up and left. Sold my house for all cash in one day to some sucker. Sometimes I think of coming back but I don't think I will. If I do it will be well north into the mountains. It wasn't about affordability to me. I can easily afford California on my salary. Just didn't feel like it was a safe or pleasant place to live or raise kids.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:27 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Quote:
I don't know for sure if it's all about the resistance to Trump. I think it's more than that. It's a steadfast belief by a lot of Californians that the country is heading in the wrong direction. I ran across this little gem a while ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...way/ar-BBPqAZf

What's clear to me now is that liberal votes in this state outweigh conservative by nearly 3-1. I'm out of step with the rest of the state so I'll just let them do what they want and I'll focus on how well my garden is doing. For someone like me who doesn't get the whole tax and spend mentality, I'm not wasting anymore time reading election guides, marking a ballot or spending money on stamps to mail it in. I was on the winning side of three propositions this time around. Time to quit.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:29 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
You don’t like bananas? Everybody likes bananas.
I like the kind I can eat, not the ones I'm going to slip on.

Old 11-07-2018, 11:31 AM

21,735 posts, read 16,346,385 times
Quote:
i like the kind i can eat, not the ones i'm going to slip on.
:d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California