Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 11:06 PM

6,497 posts, read 7,525,332 times

Advertisements

John Cox (R) vs Gavin Newsom (D).

I might actually vote R this time, John Cox doesn't appear to be to far right like the other R, Travis Allen. He seems to be more of a business first elephant, maybe the state could use a little balance in the right direction.

What's your opinion of our two options?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 11:18 PM

7 posts, read 7,481 times
California has been left for decades now and look how things are...... im with john cox all the way

Old 06-05-2018, 11:52 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,177,342 times
Cox Travis and quiet Trump voters will join together now. This might be a bigger fight then Newsome thinks. If Newsome wins Ca is doomed.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:03 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
I was very surprised to see so many voting blocks in southern California, especially the San Diego area that vote conservative. I guess I never paid much attention and just assumed everyone along the coast voted liberal but I was wrong. Seems the bay area is the more concentrated area of liberal voters. Sad that one small section of the state pretty much rules what goes on in the rest of the state. Maybe it really is time to let them break off from the rest of the state.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:37 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,791,886 times
I don't live in CA but half my family does. The gas tax (and various other taxes and regulations)need to be repealed the middle class is getting squeezed to death. Newsom is your typical scumbag self-servant career politician. They are all voting Cox.

Old 06-06-2018, 04:49 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
I’m voting Cox. The huge tax increases and the out of control spending that’s happening is going to go on with Newsom at a even more accelerated pace not to mention the complete disregard for a group of citizens rights and needs and the dismissive way that democrats treated a large section of the population I would never vote democrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I was very surprised to see so many voting blocks in southern California, especially the San Diego area that vote conservative. I guess I never paid much attention and just assumed everyone along the coast voted liberal but I was wrong. Seems the bay area is the more concentrated area of liberal voters. Sad that one small section of the state pretty much rules what goes on in the rest of the state. Maybe it really is time to let them break off from the rest of the state.
This is what would happen in the country if we got rid of the electoral vote (change state with country in your statement)

Old 06-06-2018, 04:52 AM

3,477 posts, read 6,507,394 times
I'm a registered Democrat and there absolutely no way I'll vote for Gavin Newsom. John Cox for sure.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:29 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
"Gavin Newsom... coasted to a first-place finish in Tuesday's primary election for governor and faces a November showdown with John Cox"

It's Newsom vs. Cox in November as Villaraigosa tumbles in governor's race

Old 06-06-2018, 06:42 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I’m voting Cox. The huge tax increases and the out of control spending that’s happening is going to go on with Newsom at a even more accelerated pace not to mention the complete disregard for a group of citizens rights and needs and the dismissive way that democrats treated a large section of the population I would never vote democrat.

This is what would happen in the country if we got rid of the electoral vote (change state with country in your statement)
You mean you don't like working your butt off so that limousine liberals Feinstein and Pelosi can enjoy their multi-million dollar Bay Area homes?

https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/matie...ts-2523619.php

Nancy Pelosi's vineyard makes her fourth-richest Californian in Congress

Old 06-06-2018, 06:44 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,561,999 times
Even if Cox wins you will still have a liberal dem state legislature. Need to change that too.
I grew up in CA for 45 years, saw its downfall firsthand. Watching what Dems did to CA is what convinced me to start leaning conservative.....
So I am rooting for you guys to turn it around and Make CA Great Again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California