Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2018, 07:40 PM

1,299 posts, read 848,388 times

Advertisements

Looking for a house in the range of 250-300k hopefully3 bed/2bath
is that possible in any of those towns ?

of Redding,Chico,Yuba city, sacramento suburbs ,red bluff ,vacaville which towns have better schools elementry,middle and high schools ?and low crime /gang activity

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 10:50 PM

4,537 posts, read 12,396,319 times
Redding, Chico, Yuba City, Red Bluff, yes. Vacaville may be too close to the Bay Area. Sacramento suburbs probably depends. There are a number of them.

My thoughts on schools are that Redding and Chico will have decent schools.

Yuba City, unless it's changed from it's earlier reputation with the spread of the Sacto Suburbs, maybe not. Yuba City's reputation comes from so long ago that it would be unfair of me to repeat it. It just may not be true.

Being a small town, Red Bluff's schools probably suffer from limited curriculum. A broad curriculum is difficult to support on a small population base.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:59 AM

38 posts, read 63,905 times
Redding is certainly affordable, however it is a very high crime area. It has an abnormally high number of registered sex offenders as well as being in the top ten cities for violence against women, among the top ten for car thefts and again for growth of crime. On average the City of Redding Police Department takes in 250 reports per day for thefts, robberies, domestic violence, car thefts, arson, drug related incidents, etc, etc. just in the past few weeks we've had a couple of murders as well as attempted murders. For a city the size of 100,000 that is unacceptable. If I were to consider moving this far north I would be looking at Anderson or Cottonwood. They both have schools that I would compare equal to the ones in Redding, if not better. They certainly have lower crime and better law enforcement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California