U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:16 AM

1,398 posts, read 4,545,585 times

This current film, for one, UB50!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2006, 01:01 PM

31 posts, read 95,915 times
To all of those who live in Los Angeles and keep insist on whining about it over and over. . .please leave. Your negativity is tiresome. There wil be more room for the millions of people who live here and love it. I moved here from NYC 20 years ago and have never looked back. It's what you make of it.

Old 12-15-2006, 01:08 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,260,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johns65vette View Post
The only trouble is, by the time they get the freeways done, it will need to be done again And in the meantime you're dealing with traffic delays while they close lanes and work on it for the next 10 years
YOU COULD BE CORRECT JOHNS AND IF YOU ARE I WILL BE VERY DISSAPOINTED...IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE HOW MUCH DEVELOPMENT WILL PERSIST IN THE LOS ANGELES COUNTY AND SURROUNDING COUNTIES IN THE NEXT 2 DECADES...IMMIGRATION IS AFFECTING TRAFFIC IN A LARGE WAY...BUT IF CALIFORNIA SEES PEOPLE LEAVING THE STATE BECAUSE OF TRAFFIC...THERE GOING TO BUST THERE REAR TO OPEN ALL THE FREEWAYS UP...I MEAN WHEN YOU DRIVE IN FROM VEGAS YOU HAVE AN EIGHT LANE HIGHWAY..HINT HINT..THERE GOING TO REALIZE YOU GOTTA OPEN THE FREEWAYS UP WITH MORE LANES AND IMPROVE THE INTERCHANGES..AND IF MY HOUSE WAS IN THE WAY OF A PROPOSED FREEWAY I WOULD TAKE THE MONEY...BECAUSE 10 MILLION PEOPLE NEED THAT AREA ALOT MORE THAN MYSELF DOES!

Old 12-15-2006, 01:12 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,260,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by copyguy View Post
To all of those who live in Los Angeles and keep insist on whining about it over and over. . .please leave. Your negativity is tiresome. There wil be more room for the millions of people who live here and love it. I moved here from NYC 20 years ago and have never looked back. It's what you make of it.
VERY WELL SAID COPY GUY...IT'S WHAT YOU MAKE IT...IF YOU ALLOW SOME OF THE PROBLEMS CALIFORNIA FACES TO AFFECT YOU...WELL YOU WILL BE ANOTHER PERSON COMPLAINING ON THIS WEBSITE...

Old 12-15-2006, 01:41 PM

627 posts, read 1,986,488 times
Ah, one must wonder how any site or institution of education would exist if there weren't a variety of opinions and experience. If one has a fantastic experience then share that. Others may beg to differ--so be it. I don't see people who are sharing their negatives about LA telling the people that are having positive experiences to quit posting here and telling them things such as 'WELL STAY THEN IF YOU LIKE IT SO MUCH!' in a snotty way. They may disagree, yes, but personal and direct attacks with such viciousness? Please point it out, as I do not see this. Even if you do find it, I bet you 10 to 1 they have apologized or come to a place of agree to disagree with a person in a later post.

I can't imagine this site if it contained only the following:

I LOVE LA. LA IS PRETTY. I LOVE HOW MUCH MONEY I MAKE IN LA. LA IS PERFECT. LA HAS SUN. LA HAS DECENT FOOD. LA HAS PRETTY PEOPLE. I LIKE MY CAR BETTER IN LA. I LIKE MY TOES. I LIKE THE PRETTY LA FREEWAYS. I LIKE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS. I LOVE MEAN PEOPLE; THEY ARE NICE.

Don't people come to this site to get pros and cons etc? I think the more discussion the better about LA, as it is somewhat difficult to fully help people to understand the mixture of pros and cons about the place sometimes-- besides the usual suspects. I guess I like America and diversity of opinion and honesty about all people's experience. Do we disagree? Sure. Then state your point and don't pis- on people who take the time to share their experience as well.

Old 12-15-2006, 02:25 PM

31 posts, read 95,915 times
Fairweathergolfer. I am quite new to this board, but my impression from reading through many, many threads is that most people here bash L.A. consistently and repeatedly. It seems so unbalanced.

I'd really like to read some positive viewpoints here, but I have yet to find them. Perhaps you could be so kind as to point them out. I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!

Old 12-15-2006, 02:43 PM

348 posts, read 1,434,626 times
Nobody's bashing LA... we're just speaking our personal truths. I tell people good things about certain areas if they have enough $$$ but for the most part, middle class cannot live here and have a good life. Many other message boards have all GOOD things on them and rave about their state or area.... so why is everyone so down on LA? Perhaps because it's a pretty bad place to live. We've said plenty of positive things and I've mentioned tons of good areas to live in no problem if you have $3500 for rent each month. It's just most people already have a way too positive view of LA and don't realize the gritty truth of it. You are from NYC and come from a similar situation, a lot of people are coming from the UK or Texas or places that have no experience in a big city and they need a dose of reality. We are only trying to help them shape their views more realistically. I'd be happy to suggest nice areas to live if you've got at least $3500 monthly rent to blow. Personally if I had that, I'd want to spend it elsewhere where I could also have no traffic and no pollution with a good quality of life but I guess everyone's different.

Old 12-15-2006, 11:55 PM

13,501 posts, read 6,414,753 times
Quote:
I'd really like to read some positive viewpoints here, but I have yet to find them. Perhaps you could be so kind as to point them out. I'd truly appreciate it. Thanks!
Hey, try this thread:

Why do you want to stay in California?

Old 12-16-2006, 12:00 AM

13,501 posts, read 6,414,753 times
Default I Love L.A. Thread

Quote:
I found this one of yours of why you love Los Angeles:

I love LA. Why?

Looking forward to reading more!

Old 12-19-2006, 06:30 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,778,837 times
Quote:
Fairweathergolfer. I am quite new to this board, but my impression from reading through many, many threads is that most people here bash L.A. consistently and repeatedly. It seems so unbalanced.

Well that should be your first clue as to how the majority feel about LA I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California