U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 12:29 AM

38,083 posts, read 18,042,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
Lots of finger pointing and no one stepping up...
As the owner I had no choice but to effect repairs immediately...
As to OPD... there was a window next to the door... a double hung window 32 inches above floor height of the concrete porch... why would Police kick in a door when they could have broken the window that I can replace the glass for $30 in materials...
Had the Beat Sargent meet me at the home and was told entry is at the officers discretion and kicking in the door is safer than breaking a window and cost is not a factor???
Officer said there could have been a person unconscious on the floor inside so they must gain entry by any means necessary...
Plenty of examples of human error when it comes to 911
Here is one where the dispatcher had the correct information but provided the wrong information to responders...
https://www.necn.com/news/national-i...338510872.html
I totally understand what you are saying and I'm sorry you had to go through this. All I am trying to say is that police and fire do not know your address, they reply on information from the phone company. If AT&T misreported the address I think you have a good chance of recovering the cost of the damages from them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 06:33 PM
DKM

5,655 posts, read 2,053,195 times
Quote:
Good to know not all the offices are chaos...
Most of them are though. I thought I could walk in and do it like the state I came from. Nope...I had to drive illegally in the state until my appointment date arrived. No this is not normal in other states.

Old 04-24-2019, 12:19 AM

27,550 posts, read 56,688,069 times
Another good point...

Old 08-25-2019, 02:55 PM

21,114 posts, read 18,711,832 times
Help may be coming our way. California has a new DMV Director, Steve Gordon.

Tech entrepreneur Steve Gordon got a glimpse of how wary Californians are of the Department of Motor Vehicles when he visited an office near his San Jose home at 6 a.m. one morning and found people waiting in line — even though the doors didn’t open until 8.

One man brought a lawn chair for the two-hour wait and told Gordon what others also shared: He was there early to avoid an expected crush of people. News reports last year detail ed horror stories of packed DMV offices where customers had to wait in line for four to six hours.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...tor-wait-times

Old 08-25-2019, 03:34 PM

6,556 posts, read 3,034,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Help may be coming our way. California has a new DMV Director, Steve Gordon.

Tech entrepreneur Steve Gordon got a glimpse of how wary Californians are of the Department of Motor Vehicles when he visited an office near his San Jose home at 6 a.m. one morning and found people waiting in line — even though the doors didn’t open until 8.

One man brought a lawn chair for the two-hour wait and told Gordon what others also shared: He was there early to avoid an expected crush of people. News reports last year detail ed horror stories of packed DMV offices where customers had to wait in line for four to six hours.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...tor-wait-times
Here’s hoping. I tried to make an appointment online and there were none in the San Diego area. So that leaves a three hour wait to walk in.

It’s a toss up which organization is more useless, DMV or TSA.

Old 08-26-2019, 01:30 PM

38,083 posts, read 18,042,480 times
Quote:
I did try as far away as Ukiah... about 160 miles away to the North and every office in between to get an appointment.
Did you check current wait times & consider going in without an appointment? The office closest to my house usually has lines out the door, but the Davis office is never very busy.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/fo/fotoc

Old 08-26-2019, 04:31 PM

69,493 posts, read 5,509,260 times
The Willows office is normally fairly quiet too.

Old 08-26-2019, 05:52 PM

3,214 posts, read 1,328,432 times
ICE raids should be held at DMV offices. You heard it here first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California