Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 10:17 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,346,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman1 View Post
Classic fake news article. No source.

Kevin McCarthy is sponsoring the legislation. The fact that some unnamed aide hasn’t heard of it is immaterial.
Classic response to something you don’t want to believe. The Hill is a conservative media. Why I chose it for your link. But you can look up the coverage yourself saying the same thing from any number of sources across the ideological range of media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Again. Classic example of attack reporting.

“puzzles Washington”

Not, “puzzles (unknown) aide”

Not “aide (unknown) didn’t know details”

Not “details not yet known”

No, no “puzzles Washington”

My goodness, someone is puzzled. The sky is falling. Tulemutt on his boat doesn’t already know about new legislation in the early stages of development. Quick, someone row out to Tule’s boat and give an update.
Lol. As I just wrote: what tulemutt on his boat knows or doesn’t is immaterial. What the GOP and presidential aids don’t know is what’s being reported on. Including a raft of GOP commentary about how Chump can’t do anything before the elections as he says ... because ... congress has gone home to campaign until after the elections.

Details details.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:33 AM

381 posts, read 344,600 times
Who said anything would be passed before the election? In 2 weeks?

Trump never said he’d pass a tax cut BEFORE the election in 2 weeks. Lol

Old 10-23-2018, 11:46 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,395,091 times
Quote:

"What the GOP and presidential aids don’t know is what’s being reported on."

How can anyone report on what is not known?????

Old 10-23-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:

As I said, you aren’t reading what you are rebutting
Quote:
In recent days President Donald Trump has twice promised a new “major tax cut” ahead of the November midterm elections, mystifying White House officials, congressional leaders, and tax wonks around town who mostly have no idea what he’s talking about.

Old 10-23-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
+1

You are 100% correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
As I said, you aren’t reading what you are rebutting
Wow, dude. Time for reading comprehension 101. You are interpreting this sentence incorrectly.

"Trump has twice promised a new “major tax cut” ahead of the November midterm elections"

This does not mean he is going to pass legislation in the 13 days before the election. It means he made the statement that he would, before the election. Not that is would be passed before the election.

Old 10-23-2018, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Wow, dude. Time for reading comprehension 101. You are interpreting this sentence incorrectly.

"Trump has twice promised a new “major tax cut” ahead of the November midterm elections"

This does not mean he is going to pass legislation in the 13 days before the election. It means he made the statement that he would, before the election. Not that is would be passed before the election.
No comprehension problem at all. He is making a promise pre-election that requires congressional approval ... which ... can’t even begin debate ... when they aren’t in session. And indications are, from reaction so far, they - the GOP - aren’t likely to favor it.

Do YOU comprehend how the government works? Or just take Chump’s word for it?

Old 10-23-2018, 03:38 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,054,876 times
I'm not a permanent California resident, so I can't vote.
If I could I'd vote a straight Republican ticket.

With Trumpites slowly taking over the Republican party, there is real energy for creating positive change in our country and fixing the giant mess that Bush and Obama created. Considering how poorly the democrats are running California at the moment, I'd say the time is ripe for new people, preferrably conservatives who'll put American citizens first and work toward building the much needed infrastructure California needs. Also, Californians need to start voting for candidates who will attempt to fix our immigration situation. Those who favor sanctuary cities need to be voted out of office. CA needs candidates who'll strongly enforce immigration laws. Illegal immigration is costing California tax payers billions of dollars every year.

It surprises me that more Californians aren't outraged by the amount of money that is wasted on illegal aliens every year.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
No comprehension problem at all. He is making a promise pre-election that requires congressional approval ... which ... can’t even begin debate ... when they aren’t in session. And indications are, from reaction so far, they - the GOP - aren’t likely to favor it.

Do YOU comprehend how the government works? Or just take Chump’s word for it?
You’ve now shifted from asserting that Trump claimed to pass legislation in the 13 days before the election to pivoting about how Trump is bad because he is making campaign promises. You claim (incorrectly) to know how government works. As such, you should know that politicians make promises before an election. The difference of course is that unlike the people that you support, Trump has actually fulfilled most of his campaign promises in spite of politicians that you support.

I’m getting tired of correcting the record/misinformation and dealing with your personal raw hatred where you have to call people names because they are pushing back against your social agenda. It’s exhausting.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:46 PM

Quote:
You’ve now shifted from asserting that Trump claimed to pass legislation in the 13 days before the election to pivoting about how Trump is bad because he is making campaign promises. You claim (incorrectly) to know how government works. As such, you should know that politicians make promises before an election. The difference of course is that unlike the people that you support, Trump has actually fulfilled most of his campaign promises in spite of politicians that you support.

I’m getting tired of correcting the record/misinformation and dealing with your personal raw hatred where you have to call people names because they are pushing back against your social agenda. It’s exhausting.
I did not “assert that Trump claimed to pass legislation in the 13 days before the election ...”. I linked you to coverage of Chump making claims he can’t gain his party’s and congress’ support on before the election - and not likely after it. Your comment to CA4Now was
Quote:
Well CA4Now, Trump just announced Tax Cut 2.0 tonight to give an additional tax cut of 10% targeted at the middle class.
I responded with a story link about how none of the GOP or Trump aides know what he’s talking about. And I have subsequently pointed out that making such a promise 13 days pre-election - when his party is out on the campaign trail and not available to consider any such proposal (which has no details as usual anyway ... just flying blind ... off the cuff remark from him) is typical blather from the Chump.

You’re damn right I despise the guy.

And freakin hilarious you are tired of me calling him names ... but pay homage to him. Who calls people names more often or worse than the Chumpster?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California