Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How will you vote on Prop 6?
Yes 50 61.73%
No 31 38.27%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 08:37 PM

1,516 posts, read 1,248,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Do you not want to Know how they used your money first before you write them another check? Were 100% of infrastructure funds used to repair roads? Answer should be yes before they get another dime from us.
This is why I'm voting yes. CA is very wasteful with the money they collect, imho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 10:38 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,689,350 times
Interesting that this poll shows a larger percentage of "yes" votes when news outlets are reporting that it's going to fail. This is why I don't give much credence to polls.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:41 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Interesting that this poll shows a larger percentage of "yes" votes when news outlets are reporting that it's going to fail. This is why I don't give much credence to polls.
Polls

Hillary wins by a landslide turned into a mudslide

Old 10-24-2018, 10:43 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
What poll are you referring to? I just ran across this in the Bee

Quote:
October 24, 2018 09:00 PM
A high-profile initiative to repeal the recent increase to gasoline and diesel taxes continues to lag with likely California voters.

Just 41 percent plan to vote for Proposition 6, according to a new poll from the Public Policy Institute of California, while 48 percent are opposed. That result is similar to a PPIC survey last month, when the measure trailed 39 percent to 52 percent among likely voters.

The small bump in support for Proposition 6, which would reverse the tax increase by requiring voter approval to raise fuel and vehicle license fees, indicates that the yes campaign has a “big hill to climb,” said Mark Baldassare, president and CEO of PPIC. There are less than two weeks left until the election, and mail voters are already starting to return their ballots.

“I don’t see momentum in this poll,” Baldassare said.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics...dNQUlMLkNPTQ==

Old 10-24-2018, 10:43 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,495,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Polls

Yeah, I don't think any of us will trust polls again in our lifetimes.

Old 10-24-2018, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Polls
I didn't see that one coming. I thought for sure she was going to win. Glad I didn't bet the farm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
What poll are you referring to? I just ran across this in the Bee
The television news reports. They've been saying it doesn't have any strength in passing. I don't know for sure. I'm not arguing with you. You have your finger on the pulse of politics more than me so I'll take your word for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
Ain't that the truth!

Old 10-24-2018, 10:57 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
I was in the Mts hunting and glad to get away from any of it. Wife texted me in the night and I didn't get it until the next day and I was whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? For reals? Made my year. Not because it was knucklehead loud mouth but it was not "her turn Clinton".

Old 10-24-2018, 11:01 PM

Quote:
I was in the Mts hunting and glad to get away from any of it. Wife texted me in the night and I didn't get it until the next day and I was whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? For reals? Made my year. Not because it was knucklehead loud mouth but it was not "her turn Clinton".
I know right? That's how I felt. I did not want Trump to win. I didn't even want him on the ticket but more importantly, I didn't want Clinton in the White House. But I was shocked! I was watching live coverage on youtube (I think) and the states were reporting in and he was winning. I was thinking I was on some bogus joke channel and they were making it up. Fooled me

Old 10-24-2018, 11:05 PM

21,734 posts, read 16,341,054 times
Y’all are crackin me up.
Quote:
Polls Are Still As Accurate As They Were 75 Years Ago
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...61EO7roGdB3.99
Give the gift of Smithsonian magazine for only $12! http://bit.ly/1cGUiGv
Follow us: @SmithsonianMag on Twitter
To assess whether polls have lost their mojo over time, researchers looked at 30,000 voter polls conducted for 351 general elections in 45 nations over a span of 75 years. According to a press release, what they found is that the accuracy of polls have not changed much over the decades and the problematic polls of recent years are in line with historic polling.
Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...61EO7roGdB3.99

Old 10-24-2018, 11:08 PM

That's what we're here for ... to crack people up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California