U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 PM

3,745 posts, read 6,064,759 times
Default paso robles gangs...

Paso Robles has only one gang right now, PR13. Did their name come from 13th street, since 13th to 24th street is the run down part of town. Or is apart of the 13, the LA gang?
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 09:12 PM

84 posts, read 308,314 times
"13" means that the gang is a Sureno gang. If it was a street it would be more like "Paso Robles 13th street" or something along those lines. On the other hand, if you see "14" tagged it means that the gang is a Norteno gang.

Old 05-26-2008, 05:52 PM

541 posts, read 1,186,777 times
Default Hmmm ...

Which I live on 17th St. There used to be PR 13 tagged on the streets about ten years ago, but I haven't seen it since. The police are pretty bored around here ...

Old 04-16-2009, 03:01 AM

2 posts, read 14,304 times
There is also "PR"s biggest rival "MP" and other newer up and coming gangs in Paso Robles

Old 04-17-2009, 03:21 PM

1,634 posts, read 4,192,002 times
Im going to break it down here, and I'm going to be blunt. Why in the world would anyone "NEED" to be in a gang in Paso Robles? They don't. So the question should be. Why do Mexican men and boys engage in this nonsense? What in the world is it in their culture that leads them to think this is necessary? It blows me away. Now this is happening in Morro Bay/Los Osos. You see the children of Mexican immigrants, who have been coming here the last 20 yrs., saying they are a gang. In frickin' Morro Bay???? This is nuts. Morro Bay is full of retired seniors, it's crazy. I'm sorry folks, call me racist, which I'm absolutely not. But you can't call me a liar. I'm not getting what makes these Mexican people do this. It makes me sick.

Old 04-17-2009, 03:26 PM

19,127 posts, read 14,414,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA central coast View Post
Im going to break it down here, and I'm going to be blunt. Why in the world would anyone "NEED" to be in a gang in Paso Robles? They don't. So the question should be. Why do Mexican men and boys engage in this nonsense? What in the world is it in their culture that leads them to think this is necessary? It blows me away. Now this is happening in Morro Bay/Los Osos. You see the children of Mexican immigrants, who have been coming here the last 20 yrs., saying they are a gang. In frickin' Morro Bay???? This is nuts. Morro Bay is full of retired seniors, it's crazy. I'm sorry folks, call me racist, which I'm absolutely not. But you can't call me a liar. I'm not getting what makes these Mexican people do this. It makes me sick.

Yeah... I was 'picked on' by a bunch of 'gang members' in Templeton once.. TEMPLETON. They were all under the age of 16 or so and bored, I'm guessing. Apparently, there was a bit of a tiff between the Templeton gang and the Santa Margarita gang and I couldn't stop laughing after I heard that! Santa Margarita has a gang!?!

Gangs are stupid. Anyone who belongs to one is stupid. The end.

Old 05-09-2009, 01:18 AM

2 posts, read 14,304 times
This is my theory, I believe alot of this has to do with the media. Have you seen movies that show gang activity? Well the gangster character most likely is going to be hispanic...So little kids start watching this **** since they are little...Rap videos featuring rappers as gangsters with lots of money, women, and nice rides...Also lowrider shows(nothing but O.G.'s featured there, dressed in dickies with cortez shoes, driving their lowriders with hot hynas) So lil kids are drawn to this **** because they see a character on tv that looks like their dad or uncle, so they identify with this ****...So they think that if they wanna be bad ass they have to act like them...Also I think that it has to do with the mexican culture...mexicans are violent by nature and that is passed down from generation to generation...and a way to express your violence and anger is in a gang...Also it has to do with the parents: Mexican families have different cultures and believes - different ways of raising their children. Sometime mexican parents work all day and don't have time to pay attention to the kid or just dont really bother to pay attention to who their kids hang out with, so the kid starts bangin as a way to belong, they get the attention they want in a gang, something they dont get at home, and parents dont realize the serious **** that their kid is in until is to late to take control of the situation...Also if we go back in history, the first hispanics gangs have alot of influence on the new generation of hipanic kids joining gangs. Lets say an O.G. has a son, the son wants to be like his dad and becomes a gangster, his cousins see this **** and join in. The cousins go to a different school and influence their friends to join in. Then one of the cousins moves to another city, lets say Paso Robles and starts influencing younger more vulnerable kids to start banging like him, then those younger kids influence other kids and groups start breaking up and forming different gangs...Its like a wave- getting bigger and spreading out...So, I believe it has to do with the way the mexican parents raise their children(mexican parents, on average beat their kids way more than and show less love than the average white parent), the environment, and the children's biological traits. Those lil kids in Templeton probably had older cousins in Paso who were in gang activity and thats how it started..."My cousin is a gangster, I'm going to be like him because everyone is scared of him, and they are always drinking with girls and having fun, no like my dumb ass in school who get no booty or attention." So thats how **** starts...Influence is a major part, plus peer pressure too. And, the Santa Margarita gang were influence by gang related family members in Santa Maria, most likely, and it has been passed down from generation to generation....One last thought...look on myspace and all the lil hispanic kids from paso and surounding areas portray them selfs as lil gangsters, let me know how many pics you count of lil kids throwing gang signs(I believe they do so to attract the girls and be looked as cool, since in movies the gangster always gets the girl!)

Old 08-06-2009, 05:09 PM

5 posts, read 23,952 times
Paso robles has m.p which stands for mexican power xiii p.r xiii is falling aprt

Old 08-06-2009, 05:10 PM

Hardsideclick xiii is gaining influence in the city of paso robles.........

Old 08-06-2009, 05:12 PM

Watch out also....there are sum mara salvatrucha x3 gang members that are combining to get stronger wit sum gangs in paso robles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California