U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 04:24 PM

5,468 posts, read 7,594,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newportbeachsmostwanted View Post
Why this impression Illegals are so cheap? Last I checked, Aug. 2006, according to the Calabasas newspaper(The Acorn) the average illegal dayworker in Calabasas, Agoura, Thousand Oaks made $15/hour. That isn't that low. I know plenty of unemployed Americans and students would enjoy that compensation. Besides, there's no taxes withdrawn- so it's more hefty than it seems.
I understand that these dayworkers unionized. So, if you want your dayworkers cheaper, you are going to have to go find those willing to break the union lines.

Old 12-23-2006, 04:49 PM

252 posts, read 733,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo istmeņo View Post
I THINK it means that people coming into a country illegally to find work is not as bad as people entering illegally into a land and stealing it. Refers to how the US acquired it`s SouthWestern states.

I don't know, it kinda sounds like stealing my brothers car as payback for him breaking my toys when we were little. They both sound pretty lame to me. Since when did 2 wrongs make a right especially over something 150 yrs ago. But correct me if I'm wrong, weren't there more Native Americans than Mexican's in what is now US territories?

Its really beyond the topic but ultimately if you're unhappy with your own country, why not demand your country to be rebuilt instead of say, going into another country and making like the country you left? Is this happening anywhere but here?

Old 12-23-2006, 10:00 PM

253 posts, read 719,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snb3 View Post
Its really beyond the topic but ultimately if you're unhappy with your own country, why not demand your country to be rebuilt instead of say, going into another country and making like the country you left? Is this happening anywhere but here?
Hello snb3!

Its happening all over Europe due to immigration (legal and illegal) from middle eastern countries. France comes to mind as they are having various problems with immigrants (legal and illegal) who either do not want to assimilate or who want to assimilate but encounter rejection.

~Cali-girl

Old 12-24-2006, 03:48 PM

253 posts, read 719,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Read the article carefully, you'll see it's not my allegation.

"On Wednesday, Chertoff played down the reports of border incursions by the Mexican military. He suggested many of the incursions could have been mistakes, blaming bad navigation by military personnel or attributing the incursions to criminals dressed in military garb."

FYI that's Micheal Chertoff, Secy of the Dept of Homeland Security
Hello Sassberto!

Yes, that is the Official Version.

~Cali-girl

Old 12-24-2006, 07:39 PM

1,900 posts, read 21,240 times
There are paranoids in this country. Have you driven in Mexico lately,, military checkpoints every 100K inspecting all vehicles,, Paid for by the USA!!, even though they would be considered unconstitutional in America, we inflict it on the Mexican citizens.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 AM

2,813 posts, read 3,118,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatless Wonder View Post
100 years ago, people made the same complaints about the Chinese (who were actually banned from immigrating for a while), Irish, Jews, and Italians.

How have WE benefitted from illegals? How have we benefitted by NOT doing something about this problem?

According to this story (broken link), Mexicans added over $17 billion (with a B!) to the Texas economy in the last fiscal year.

I don't like our Beautiful National Parks and Forests being used as Drug Labs

Americans are the ones using national parks as drug labs, not Mexicans.
I think there's huge differences between what's happening now vs italians, jews, russians, chinese.

-Proximity to Mexico. I think that makes full assimilation nearly impossible; their culture/identity is still tied to mexico. You've also got people that think it's really Mexico's land, Aztlan, and all of that.

-Blatant disregard for the rules. It's night and day.

If you sneak into a foreign country in the middle of the night, jump over a fence, trek through hundreds of miles of desert, and evade border security....you don't deserve jack!!

Could I sneak into Mexico and do the same thing? Could I sneak into any other country in the world do that? Of course not.

Illegal immigrants get alot of hatred because they bring it on themselves!

I get so tired of reading on illegal immigrant threads about the evil white man, oh...the racist white man, he just doesn't like anyone of color.

It's interesting that California has millions of immigrants, but you don't see any hatred towards Iranians, or Greeks, or Vietnamese or Chinese, Indian. There alot of people of color here in Southern California...but I don't see any movements to tear down Koreatown or kick out persian jews.

It has nothing to do with skin color. I have friends here from Brazil, Iran, Latvia, China...but they play by the rules and add to society. Illegals bring it on themselves..they're their own worst enemy.

-Bankrupting the state.

-Bringing diseases into the country that weren't here before.

-The schools are in shambles. Test scores, graduation rates...they're an embarrassment.

-Gangbanger/ghetto culture.

-Demanding "rights" they're never entitled to. I'm not aware of any Chinese, Jew, Italian marches in the early 1900's for health care, education, driver licenses that cost the states billions of dollars.

The idea of marching in a foreign country for "rights" is just insanity.

In the early 20th century, I picture immigrants landing at the Statue of Liberty, with a sense of hope, gratitude, American ideals.

Can't say the same today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California