Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 10:30 AM

26,721 posts, read 26,798,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
What’s stopping you from ending that terrible prop 13? Fear a backlash?
I voted for Prop 13, way back when I was an apartment dweller, so I'm not clear on your "fear a backlash" question.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:33 AM

42,845 posts, read 26,259,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
Blue supermajority in California at the state level. What’s stopping you from ending that terrible prop 13? Fear a backlash?
What makes you think Democrats want to end prop 13? I don't think anyone wants that but there is another issue here that I would support ending; the giant loophole for commercial property owners to change ownership without a reappraisal.

Old 12-01-2018, 10:39 AM

21,734 posts, read 16,337,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
And if men could get pregnant, effective birth control would have been available in the middle of the 20th century.
Hmmm. More like about 10,000 years ago ...

Old 12-01-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr_racer View Post
Who was the last Republican you voted for?
You asked this of me last week. I answered G.H.W. Bush (and Ah-nold) ... because there haven’t been any decent Republicans in California or POTUS nationally since. With today’s passing of H.W., I’ll offer you and any other interested readers this obit link to read about 41, just published in left-leaning Slate magazine:

Quote:
As a charter member of what would become known as America’s Greatest Generation, he understood to his core what putting the country first really meant. There could be no better honor paid to him now than showing a little more humility, civility, and Republican backbone in Trump’s Washington. Or, in the idiom of his mother, Dorothy Bush, less I, I, I, and more We.
https://amp.slate.com/news-and-polit...al-legacy.html

I challenge you to read and compare this example of a true conservative patriot with the charlatan, demagogue, mentally ill moron you champion today.

Go for it.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:17 AM

8,331 posts, read 2,961,324 times
Ca. has 1/3 of the nation's Welfare recipients. It's an embarrassment to most of the rest of the country. Freeloaders/illegals flocking to it. They typically vote democrat. Democrat leaders don't care about our immigration laws. They want illegals which leads to amnesty and votes. Millions of Whites have left the state. Most Whites support Republican leaders while most non-Whites support Democrats.

Old 12-01-2018, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Ca. has 1/3 of the nation's Welfare recipients. It's an embarrassment to most of the rest of the country. Freeloaders/illegals flocking to it. They typically vote democrat. Democrat leaders don't care about our immigration laws. They want illegals which leads to amnesty and votes. Millions of Whites have left the state. Most Whites support Republican leaders while most non-Whites support Democrats.
Gee Leona, is our economy an embarrassment to the rest of the country too?. Gosh gee-willikers lady, you sure know how to make a big state feel small

I’m gonna take a wild guess here that you live in a different state ... lucky you. (And us.)

Edit:
Wait wait wait! Just saw your other post in the LA forum says you are a native Angelino!?

Oh my! Hurry hurry scurry away from California as you say you plan! The shame weighing on you is so hard ... Go where the white people live!

Old 12-01-2018, 12:02 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,544,468 times
Conservative white people tend to only want social programs and a safety net when it benefits other white people. When it doesn't, they don't like them.

A lot of white people leave California because they think "their" tax dollars are going to support brown people...and GAWD, WE CAN'T HAVE THAT!

I mean, it was okay when Pedro was cutting your pretty, manicured suburban lawn and pruning your bushes for a discounted rate, but when little Pedro Jr. got sick and needed to use MediCal, it was "ugghhh...not muh tax dollars! This is why we gotta move to Arizona or Idaho, Betty!"

Last edited by kttam186290; 12-01-2018 at 12:11 PM..

Old 12-01-2018, 01:19 PM

8,331 posts, read 2,961,324 times
Default Leaving Ca.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Gee Leona, is our economy an embarrassment to the rest of the country too?. Gosh gee-willikers lady, you sure know how to make a big state feel small

I’m gonna take a wild guess here that you live in a different state ... lucky you. (And us.)

Edit:
Wait wait wait! Just saw your other post in the LA forum says you are a native Angelino!?

Oh my! Hurry hurry scurry away from California as you say you plan! The shame weighing on you is so hard ... Go where the white people live!
Most complaints from those of other states is their wish that Californians would stay in California. I agree with them. Of course they see what Ca. has become and assume there aren't many Conservatives left here. There are actually millions still but we're outnumbered so our votes don't amount to much here.

You can defend the state all you like. Jerry Brown would be honored.

"...1/3 of the nation's Welfare recipients (Ca.)...", yet only 12% of the pop. That's quite an accomplishment.

Old 12-01-2018, 01:23 PM

1,334 posts, read 1,673,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Right what a financially wise move the HSR was.
If you had read my post , you would have noticed I explicitly acknowledged that HSR is a bad idea:

...the train to nowhere debacle, which was/is not fiscally responsible...

Old 12-01-2018, 01:35 PM

24,396 posts, read 26,946,756 times
California's HSR project is why I have no hope with Democrats and their infrastructure promises. How many years have they been planning this? How many years behind are they? How many millions are they over budget? If a xyz ant lives on the planned route, it will delay it 20 years and cost $1 trillion and then by then environmentalists will find another thing to delay and run up costs. Meanwhile the tech becomes outdated before it even starts. Slight exaggeration, but you get the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California